The Saeima has adopted and the President promulgated the following laws: the amendments to the law "on environmental protection" to do the law "on environmental protection" (the Republic of Latvia Supreme Council and Government Informant, 1991, 33/34.nr.; The Saeima of the Republic of Latvia and the Cabinet of Ministers rapporteur, 1997, no. 13; 2000, no. 15) the following amendments: 1. under the terms of the "law": to make the term "State Cadastre of natural resources ' explanation as follows:" the State Cadastre of natural resources — documents that compile data on natural resources natural, legal and economic situation. "
turn off the term "natural gene pool" and the explanation;
turn off the term "dabsaimniecīb" and its explanation;
turn off the term "ecological risk" and its explanation.
2. To supplement the law with article 5.1 and 5.2 as follows: "article 5.1. Eco-label and its assignment to promote environmentally friendly production and distribution of goods, the goods that meet the criteria laid down by the European Commission, awarded the eco-label. Producer participation in the eco-label scheme is voluntary. The Latvian Environment Agency coordinate eco-system in Latvia, shall inform the manufacturer of the relevant requirements, promotes the eco-label, as well as to provide necessary information to the European Commission.
5.2 article. The company's environmental management system and environmental audits of the company's environmental management system is a management system that includes the development of management structure, planning activities, responsibilities, procedures, measures and resources a company environmental policy development and implementation, objectives, review and maintenance.
The company's environmental audit is carried out for the purpose of systematic, documented, periodic and objective assessment of the company's environmental management system in compliance with the company's environmental policy.
The environmental impact assessment State Bureau coordinates the company's environmental management system and environmental audits of the company. "
3. Article 9: turn off the 4, 5 and 6;
Supplement to the article 10, 11 and 12 of the following paragraph: "10) establishes the list of goods harmful to the environment and prohibitions to import and distribute goods harmful to the environment;
11) determines the requirements and restrictions of certain hazardous chemical substances and equipment for use and labelling;
12) makes provisions for sewage sludge and compost utilization, monitoring and control. "
4. Make the fourth paragraph of article 17.3 of the following wording: "2) creates and updates the public's free database, registry, and internet websites;".
5. Express article 17.4 the following: ' article 17.4. A procedure for the provision of environmental information, deadlines and fees for the provision of environmental information is provided by law and within the time limits laid down. If the information is not necessary in the particular process or preparation, response to request to be provided as soon as possible.
The national environmental authority and the municipal executive is obliged to provide the information required for requesting assistance in the formulation of the request.
The fee for the provision of information should not exceed a reasonable cost. If there is a charge, the tariffs shall be published as well as ensure their availability the applicant, specifying the circumstances in which the applicant can be exempted from the fee. For supplying environmental information should not require the advance fee. "
6. turn off article 19.
7. To supplement the law with article 19.1 the following: ' article 19.1. Protection of the ozone layer provides protection of the ozone layer, this layer depleting substances apart from losing the economic chain and transactions with the ozone depleting substances. The Cabinet of Ministers shall determine the order in which operations are terminated with ozone depleting substances, and in a company (the company) operates with the ozone depleting substances to the cessation of these activities, as well as the order in which the question of substances that Deplete the ozone layer export and import authorization. "
8. Express article 21, second paragraph as follows: "the State Cadastre of natural resources in the creation and maintenance of public authorities within the limits of its competence."
9. To supplement the law with article 21.1 as follows: "article 21.1. Register of protected areas protected areas are areas intended for the abstraction of water for human consumption, areas that have been created for the protection of biological resources, water objects, which are defined as recreational facilities or bathing, particularly in sensitive areas, as well as specially protected natural areas, including the European significance of the specially protected natural areas (Natura 2000 sites).
The Latvian Environment Agency shall establish and maintain a register of protected areas.
The information in the register of protected areas in each of the groups of the catchment area. "
10. Turn off the fourth paragraph of article 26.
11. off Chapter 6 and 7.
12. Put the name of Chapter 8 by the following: "Chapter 8. Environmental control and monitoring ".
13. off article 42.
14. Article 43 be worded as follows: "article 43. Environmental monitoring environmental monitoring organized or conducted by national and local government bodies, as well as company (the company) in accordance with legislative requirements.
The Cabinet of Ministers shall lay down the requirements for the monitoring of the environment and its procedure. "
15. Article 44: make the first and second subparagraph by the following: "environmental protection and use of natural resources State control laws and other regulations in accordance with the procedure laid down by the legislation carries out the environmental State Inspectorate, the regional environment administrations, the management of the marine environment, particularly the administration of the protected natural areas of the State environment inspectorate.
Regional Environment administrations, the management of the marine environment and specially protected natural areas of the administration of the State environment inspectorate activity single control in environmental protection and the rational use of natural resources in the State Environment Inspectorate monitors. "
express the fifth and sixth the following wording: "the region and specially protected natural areas (hereinafter the region) an environmental protection officer is the main national environmental administrations, regional marine management and specially protected natural areas the Administration Director.
The State environment inspectorate is the State environment inspectorate, management of the marine environment, regional environment administrations and specially protected natural areas of the Administration Inspector, as well as the management of the marine environment of the masters of vessels carrying out State control for the protection of the environment and use of natural resources. ";
to supplement the article with the ninth subparagraph as follows: "the State environment inspectorate uniform, badge and certificate samples confirms the protection of the environment and Minister for regional development."
16. in article 44.1: make the introductory paragraph as follows: "the State environment inspectorate regulations prescribed by the State control of:";
Express (4) and (5) as follows: "4) waste management and packaging legislation;
5) compliance with the law by performing the activities in chemicals and chemical products, including: (a)), chemicals and chemical products classification, labeling and packaging laws and compliance, (b)), chemicals and chemical products safety data sheet fill in and order, (c)) in compliance with the laws governing the level of education required for persons doing business in chemicals and chemical products , d) in compliance with the laws governing industrial accident risk assessment procedures and determine the risk reduction measures; "
turn off paragraph 6, the word "all";
make paragraph 8 by the following: "8) in compliance with the laws governing nature protection requirements;";
Supplement to the article 10, 11 and 12 of the following paragraph: "10) pollutants is complying with the law" on pollution ";
11) whether the permit has been obtained for the activity of the pollutant and compliance with the conditions contained in the permit;
12) contaminated or potentially contaminated sites Research task, contaminated sites remediation tasks and programmes. "
17. in article 44.2: replace paragraph 8, the word "loss" with the words "damage as a result of the injury;"
to supplement the article with this paragraph 11: "11") to adopt decisions binding on the operator and the administrative provisions on polluting operation. "
18. Article 53: make the third paragraph as follows: "the State environment inspectorate, head of the regional environmental management, particularly in protected natural areas or the administration of the marine Administration Director with orders to establish a Commission of environmental damage resulting from the loss of determination (hereinafter the Commission). Losses incurred as a result of environmental damage, in accordance with the laws and regulations of the Commission, on the basis of the test Act. ";
to supplement the article with the fourth, fifth and sixth in the following versions:
"The Commission two months after the verifications by the calculation and prevention of environmental damage and compensate for damage Act (hereinafter the Act), which shall be communicated to the person who caused damage to the environment. Remaining in total loss and would be launching the renewal work, such work arrangements and the expiration of the said works to be carried out. If environmental damage cannot be avoided, the Commission shall set a time-limit within which the loss calculated for the amount to be paid into the State budget to the special protection of the environment.
The total loss arising from environmental damage, identifiable on the basis of the amount of work and costs that are required to restore the affected environmental value or create an equivalent environmental values, if environmental damage cannot be avoided, as well as to the loss amounts in accordance with the laws and regulations on the environment calculated the remaining and secondary pollution.
If the environmental damage effects can be avoided only in part, the person who caused damage to the environment, the residual amount of losses within the time limit set in the legislation to be paid into the State budget to the special environmental protection. "
19. transitional provisions be expressed by the following: "1.5.1 and 5.2 of the law article shall enter into force on January 1, 2004.
2. Until the new Cabinet of Ministers regulations for picking, but not longer than until 1 June 2002 shall remain in force for a Cabinet of 19 august 1997, the Regulation No. 305 "environmental State inspection regulations".
3. Until the new Cabinet of Ministers regulations for picking, but not longer than until 1 September 2002 will remain in force for a Cabinet of 25 April 2000, in Regulation No 154 ' regulations on stationary sources of air pollution air pollutant emission assessment, prevention, containment and control "and the Cabinet of Ministers on 9 September 1997, the Regulation No 316" rules on the use of sewage sludge as fertiliser in the soil and redevelopment of sites ".
4. the Cabinet of Ministers until March 1, 2002, does article 9 the provisions referred to in paragraph 10.
5. The Cabinet of Ministers to 2002 September 1 issue 9 Article 11 and article 12, paragraph 19.1, as well as article 43, second paragraph of those provisions. "
The law adopted by Parliament in 2001 on December 20.
State v. President Vaira Vīķe-Freiberga in Riga in 2002 January 9 Editorial Note: the law shall enter into force on 23 January 2002.