The Saeima has adopted and the President promulgated the following laws: the hunting Act Chapter I General provisions article 1. The law is applied in the following terms: 1) limited — the wild game animals, which is hunt set limit;
2) hunting permit: a document that allows you to get one of the free game site specified in the licence;
3) hunting station — continuous hunting area, which managed one game user;
4) hunting area: game for free accommodation in valid and hunting area used;
5) hunting products — hunting in the process of hunting trophies, obtained the meat and offal;
6) hunting resources — all territory of Latvia wild game;
7) traps, trap, traps or other tools used for hunting of wild game;
8) hunting-farm natural resources system that simultaneously with the hunting production yields provide the economically tolerable number of animals and wild game the necessary preservation of the environment;
9) hunting rights — the right to the land owner or user to their piece of land to hunt and hunt in this Act regulatory laws. Hunting rights land owner or user can use or transfer to another person;
10) hunting user-land owner or a user with the possession or use of an existing piece of land within the statutory requirements under the hunting area, or the person to whom the land owner or the user of the procedure prescribed by law on the basis of the Treaty transferred his hunting rights;
11) hunting trophies, game the horns together with skull (augšžokl or brow bone), tusks, skulls and skins;
12) wild game, wild mammals and birds living where hunting is permitted in accordance with hunting regulatory laws;
Hunter's season 13) map: annual document that particular season gives the right to participate in the hunt;
14) Hunter: a person who, in accordance with the procedure laid down in this Act has received a hunting licence;
15) limited — the wild game animals whose hunting is not a specific limit.
2. article. The aim of the law is to regulate the hunting farm basic rules.
3. article. (1) hunting is a collection of actions or operations when using hunting guns, tools, methods or techniques that are tracked or checked for, catch, captured, wounded or killed wild game. Hunting hunting areas like stray dogs and cats, as well as escaped captive animals of the Hunt (at the written request of the owner of the hunting rights user). About stray dogs (except breeds of hunting dogs) and cats coming every season hunting areas beyond 200 meters from built-up areas or housing freely strolling in cats and dogs without uzpurņ or registration badge.
(2) species of wild game is determined by the Cabinet of Ministers.
(3) the time limits, as well as the hunting, in which case you may hunt outside the hunting periods, determined by the Cabinet of Ministers.
(4) the national forest service, according to the animal populations concerned State and situation e. g., phenology is entitled to change the Cabinet defined dates of hunting by not more than one calendar month.
4. article. Wild game becomes a natural or legal person property only after they are hunted in this law and other hunting regulatory laws.
5. article. (1) the production of prohibited Hunting pilfered. Hunting products may be accepted for disposal, processing, transportation or storage only from persons who can present the appropriate hunting licence or a copy thereof.
(2) the procedure, how to deal with wild game, which is not the cause of death of hunting, trapping or holding in captivity, are determined by the Cabinet of Ministers.
6. article. Hunting resources used to provide wild game species population gene pool and game communities and environmental preservation.
7. article. Hunting season is the period from 1 April to 31 March of the following year.
8. article. Hunting the driver's responsibilities and rights, as well as a variety of hunting dogs to hunt down the use of the Cabinet of Ministers.
9. article. Hunting (except waterfowl hunting on public bodies) of piesakām national forest service. Procedure for hunting down the Cabinet.
10. article. (1) the game may be hunted or caught for research, museums, growing exposure on another site or for keeping in captivity, as well as to keep in captivity, if received from the national forest service permit.
(2) the game may be imported if the Latvian State forest service panels.
11. article. Non game wildlife may acquire, to hunt or to keep in captivity, if the nature of the Administration panels.
Chapter II Hunting licence and right to hunt article 12. Hunter's certificate is a document that you need to get permission to hunt, the Hunter's seasonal card and hunting firearms acquisition permit, as well as this law should be hunting and other hunting regulatory laws.
13. article. (1) hunt with hunting firearms may be hunters, which is the State police authorities issued a hunting firearm storage permit.
(2) hunting firearms and ammunition for hunting use, as well as hunting the considerable safety requirements established by the Cabinet of Ministers.
14. article. (1) the certificate shall be issued a Hunter national forest service persons, if not covered by the law of Arms limitations, after outstanding exam Hunter examining body.
(2) hunting and hunting managers training procedures, knowledge and practical skills testing program, as well as hunters and hunting licence the licence procedure determined by the Cabinet of Ministers.
(3) If the Hunter's license, driver's license, hunting hunting season or hunting permission card stolen or lost from owner independent reasons, national forest service excludes these documents from the relevant registry and issue a new certificate of Hunter hunting a driver's license, the Hunter's seasonal card or hunting permit, based on Hunter's submission and explanation.
15. article. (1) the examining Board of Hunters approved by the State Forestry Department. Panelists include the national forest service, Ministry of environment, the national police and representatives of the local authorities.
(2) the Hunter examination Commission technical support and funded by the national forest service. The fee for the exam is determined by the type of sort.
16. article. Foreign nationals who do not have permanent residence in the Republic of Latvia may be hunted in the territory of Latvia, if they have the appropriate foreign competent authority issued the document, which certifies the right to hunt in their country, and they state forest service has received permission to foreign hunters hunting in Latvia, as well as the Hunter's seasonal card received. Such persons may be used for hunting, hunting guns, if they have received the permission of the national police law.
Article 17. Hunting hunting station is in accordance with the national forest service District established in the game plan. Hunting district plan content is determined by the Cabinet of Ministers.
18. article. Public bodies and their cables bar game waterfowl, the United ūdel and jenotsun are allowed to hunt without a reconciliation with the hunting rights of the user whose hunting station is located in the body.
Chapter III hunting areas, hunting and hunting permit article 19. (1) minimum hunting areas are allowed to hunt in limitēto game hunting station concerned, are as follows: 1) deer hunting, not less than 200 hectares, including woodland and not fenced agricultural land;
2) wild boar, deer, cows and calves for hunting, not less than 1000 acres;
3) deer hunting for bulls, not less than 2000 hectares;
4) elk hunting, not less than 2500 hectares.
(2) the elk, deer and wild boar hunting areas including forest arrays, or parts thereof, and individual pieces of wood.
(3) if the hunting station does not meet the first or the second part, hunting rights users may enter into reciprocal arrangements for limited species of game and hunting organization of adjacent stations in hunting.
(4) the procedure for the determination of fees for the hunting rights of the State-owned hunting or chime area is determined by the Minister of agriculture.
20. article. (1) Limited the hunting of wild game for a maximum amount of hunting areas each year, the national forest service, on the basis of the game records.
(2) wild accounting organised by the national forest service, which also does national park and nature reserve areas, attracting the national park or nature reserve administration. Special purpose can perform specific game tracking and monitoring.
(3) the game lists and limited hunting of game a maximum amount of hunting areas calculated in accordance with the methodology approved by the Ministers of agriculture, with the exception of the hunting area of the national park and nature reserve areas, where their protection and usage rules or nature protection plans provide otherwise.
21. article. Limited hunting of wild game hunting permit is required for and the Hunter's seasonal card, but not limited to the hunting of wild game: the Hunter's seasonal card.
22. article. (1) the national forest service, according to limit authorizations issued hunting hunting rights to users and the Hunter's seasonal card hunters.
(2) if the hunting area includes a national park or nature reserve area, the Administration issued hunting permits hunting rights to users and the Hunter's seasonal card hunters.
(3) national park and nature reserve administration limited the game hunting permit forms and the Hunter's seasonal card receives from the national forest service and two months after the end of the hunting season be submitted to the national forest service for information on the number of animals hunted, as well as the national forest service has spent hunting permits and revoke the hunters don't hunt season issued cards.
(4) information about the hunt hunters not limited the number of the game in the month following the end of the hunting season, but hunting rights users spent hunting permits in the month after the hunting lodge, which issued the Hunter's seasonal card or hunting permits.
(5) If, in the fourth paragraph of this article, the above requirements are not fulfilled, the new hunting permits and hunting season card is not issued.
23. article. (1) For the Hunter's license, the Hunter's seasonal cards and hunting permit, permit for foreign hunters to hunt in the territory of Latvia and authorisation to export hunting trophies from the Latvian State fee payable to the Cabinet in the order and amount.
(2) the order in which the hunting trophies exported from Latvia, determined by the Cabinet of Ministers.
Chapter IV unlawful hunting article 24. (1) on the illegal hunt admits: 1) hunting within the time limit, which does not meet the hunting regulatory laws;
2) hunting without a licence, hunting the Hunter's seasonal card (does not apply to engines), hunting or hunting firearms storage permits;
3) hunting where the hunting permit is not filled in where the game animals hunted is limited or wounded;
4) hunting prohibited areas;
5) limited the hunting of wild game hunting rights without user consent, except in article 18 of this law in certain cases;
6) hunting conditions when animals escape from natural disasters;
7) hunting, using the following hunting prohibited features, tools, methods and techniques: a) "bird", blind or crippled animals as baits, b), c) sound recordings of artificial light sources (excluding wild swine, cows and heifers of deer hunting locations, as well as the devastation of the Fox and jenotsuņ Hunt), d) mirrors and other dazzling devices, e) lāzertip naktstēmēkļ with the sights and electronic magnification or image conversion, f) networks acting in accordance with the non-selective application of conditions or conditions of use, g) kājķeramo traps and trap or snare, acting in accordance with the non-selective application of conditions or conditions of use, h), (i) the crossbow, bows) semi-automatic or automatic weapons, which can be loaded at the same time more than three rounds or that can shoot, j) aircraft to land and moving motorised water vehicles, k) weapons that are not classified as hunting firearms;
8) using the following hunting, banned the hunting of the pārbīstam features, tools, methods and techniques: a) ķerambedr, loops, hooks with bait, sharp objects on animal trails Setup, b) electrical or electronic devices that can stun or kill the animal, c) explosives, patšāvēj, d) poisons and poisoned or bait, imobilizējoš e) gas or smoke;
9) game keeping in captivity, received a national forest service permit.
Chapter v supervision and hunting resources hunting control article 25. According to this law, within the limits of its competence and other hunting regulations governing the supervision of compliance with the national forest service, Ministry of the environment and the national police.
26. article. Hunting progress. Hunting for documentation procedures determined by the Cabinet of Ministers.
27. article. (1) at the request of the persons who carried out this Act and other hunting laws and regulatory compliance monitoring and the control of hunting the Hunter's responsibility to: 1) show his possession and storage of firearms permit, as well as ammunition, hunting gear, hunting and hunting, the production of documents;
2) provide orally and in writing with an explanation for the hunt, in which he participates.
(2) If illegal hunting have taken place, the person who carried out this Act and other hunting laws and regulatory compliance monitoring and the control of hunting are entitled to withhold documents and remove the hunting guns, ammunition, hunting gear and hunting products.
28. article. If any of this law, article 25 the institutions referred to in the Hunter under the Hunter stripped or licence or removed the hunting firearm, its three working days notify the State police authority that issued hunting permits for the storage of firearms.
29. article. (1) The amount of material loss, which agriculture and forestry contributed to wild game, national forest service, but the national park and nature reserve areas, the Administration set up by the Commission. The work of the Commission call on victims who have suffered loss, hunting rights and, if necessary, the Ministry of agriculture rural support service professionals. The Commission shall determine the amount of damage according to the methodology approved by the Minister of agriculture.
(2) For game damage is responsible for hunting rights user, if the contract for the transfer of the game otherwise.
30. article. Damage caused by natural or legal persons committed in violation of this law or other hunting laws and regulatory requirements, as well as illegal hunting production value to pay the cabinet order and. This remuneration including the general public, but starting with 1 January 2005 — hunting farm Development Fund.
Chapter VI hunting farm development fund article 31. (1) for the development of hunting farms, hunting farms Development Fund. The Fund is the Ministry of agriculture.
(2) hunting farm Development Fund shall consist of: 1) grant from such national budget revenue: a) duty in full on hunting licences and the issuing of permits for the export of hunting trophies from Latvia, b) duty in full on the Hunter's license, permission for foreign hunters hunting in Latvia and the Hunter's seasonal card issuance, c) the damages, which are natural or legal persons committed violation of this law or other hunting laws, regulatory requirements, as well as remuneration for hunting value of production;
(3) hunting farm development fund to be used for: 1) wild population monitoring and additional protection measures;
2) game and their populations for research;
3) participation in international hunting organizations;
4) hunter education.
(4) a hunting farm development fund rules shall be approved by the Cabinet of Ministers.
Transitional provisions 1. With the entry into force of this law shall lapse at the hunting Act (Republic of Latvia Saeima and the Cabinet of Ministers rapporteur, 1995, no. 13, no. 14; 1997; 2000, no. 9).
2. by 1 January 2004, the Cabinet of Ministers issued the provisions referred to in this law.
3. the Cabinet of Ministers regulations for entry into force, but no longer than up to January 1, 2004, the following is applicable to the Cabinet of Ministers regulations, in so far as they are not inconsistent with this law: 1) the Cabinet of Ministers of 8 august 1995 Regulation No. 251 "game rules" (Latvian Saeima and the Cabinet of Ministers rapporteur, 1995, nr. 19; 1997, no. 21);
2) Cabinet of Ministers of 14 November 2000, the provisions of no. 398 "rules about hunting farm injury damages volumes" (Latvian Saeima and the Cabinet of Ministers rapporteur, 2000, no. 24);
3) the Cabinet of Ministers of 13 November 2001, the Regulation No 478 "hunting farm development fund rules" (Latvian Saeima and the Cabinet of Ministers rapporteur, 2001, nr. 24).
4. Until this date of entry into force of the law to granted valid Hunter's licence and hunting licences are valid also after the entry into force of this law.
5. Hunting law article 31 paragraph 1 of the second paragraph of point "c" shall enter into force on 1 January 2005.
Informative reference to directives of the European Union
The law includes provisions arising from the Directive 92/43/EEC and 79/409/EEC.
The Parliament adopted the law of July 8, 2003.
The President of the Parliament instead of the President i. Otter in Riga on 23 July 2003, the Editorial Note: the law shall enter into force with the august 6, 2003.