The Saeima has adopted and the President promulgated the following laws: law on the support of the unemployed and jobs seekers to make the unemployed and job seekers support Act (Republic of Latvia Saeima and the Cabinet of Ministers rapporteur, 2002, no. 12) the following amendments: 1. Express article 2 by the following: ' article 2. The scope of the law (1) of the Act defines unemployed persons and jobseekers active employment envisaged measures and the reduction of unemployment prevention, State and local expertise in the implementation of these measures, as well as unemployment and employment status, rights and obligations.
(2) persons who are not citizens or non-citizens of Latvia, individuals who have received permanent residence permit, and who have not received a permit and not the termiņuzturēšan Latvian citizens, non-citizens or permanent residence of the spouses, a person has the right to engage in activities for the unemployed according to the Council of 14 June 1971 on the application of Regulation (EEC) No 1408/71. '
2. Replace article 3, paragraph 4 of the first paragraph, the number "25" with a number and the word "24 (inclusive)".
3. in article 5: to make the third paragraph as follows: "(3) the Ministry of education and science shall cooperate with the State employment agency for vocational training of unemployed persons in the organisation and activities with professional career choice — national vocational guidance activities.";
replace the fifth paragraph, the words "pirmsstrukturāl" with the name of the "structural funds".
4. the third paragraph of article 6: Express 12 and 13 the following paragraph: "12) approves the work calls law prescribed;
13) provides the European Union legislative requirements for the preparation and presentation of information about the unemployment situation in the country; "
make paragraph 15 as follows: "15) participates in international cooperation projects and other cooperation projects, as well as in the development of this agreement and in implementing projects to reduce unemployment and labour movement;";
Add to part with 17 the following: "17) organizes summer vacation employment measures for persons whose education the overall average or average vocational education."
5. To make article 7 by the following: ' article 7. Preventive measures to reduce unemployment (1) preventive measures to reduce Unemployment is vocational guidance and counselling services are provided to people who want to get an education or working or wishing to work in paid employment, and to promote the competitiveness of individuals in the labour market and give them assistance in career selection.
(2) vocational guidance services are entitled to use the persons whose normal place of residence is Latvia and who wants to get an education or work or want to work.
(3) vocational guidance services provide professional career choice, a government agency that is under the supervision of the Ministry of welfare.
(4) professional career choice State agency financed from the employment special budget, revenue from the supply of services, gifts and donations, as well as other means, in accordance with the legislation.
(5) professional career choices: 1 the State Agency) within the limits of its competence participates in the national employment plan development and implementation;
2) free of charge providing career guidance services, advising persons in matters of professional suitability suitable professions and vocational retraining;
3) collects information on learning opportunities and inform the person free of charge;
4) developing new scientific techniques and gives practical methodological help of scientifically based methods and guidance in the implementation of the form;
5) shall cooperate with national regulatory authorities, local authorities, natural or legal persons, as well as public organizations;
6) participates in the international cooperation of projects and other cooperation projects, as well as in the development of this contract and in the implementation of projects in the field of professional orientation;
7) carrying out other career choices, State agencies and the laws and regulations of certain tasks.
(6) professional orientation services also provides a set of laws and other institutions. "
6. Replace article 8 the third paragraph, the words "pirmsstrukturāl" with the name of the "structural funds".
7. in article 9: to supplement the first part after the number and the words "the fifth subparagraph of article 5" with numbers and the words "the third subparagraph of article 6, paragraph 17;
to complement the second paragraph after the words "measures for the competitive" with the words and figures "of this law article 6 of part three of the 17 measures referred to in paragraph";
replace the third paragraph, the words "and the number 4 in" with a number and the words "in paragraph 4".
8. in article 10, first paragraph: replace the words "principal residence" with the words "the declared place of residence";
turn off paragraph 6, the words "or does not receive a retirement pension or national special pension";
make point 7 by the following: ' 7) education onsite professional overall average or average educational institution, except for the night; ".
9. in article 12: turn off the first part of paragraph 2, the words "a retirement pension or national special pension";
make the first part of paragraph 4 by the following: "4) education started in the presence of general secondary or vocational secondary education institution, with the exception of the night;"
Replace paragraph 3 of the second paragraph, the words "permanent residence" with the words "the declared place of residence";
make the third paragraph as follows: "(3) the decision on the loss of the status of unemployed person accepts the State employment agency within one business day after the first paragraph of this article of the unemployment status loss condition detection. In this case, the person loses the status of unemployed persons with the day when the relevant unemployment status loss. "
10. in article 13: (1) be expressed as follows: "1") to participate in the State employment agency in active employment offered activities through active employment measures in the design of the individual contract; "
6. turn off the point.
11. in article 14: replace the first subparagraph of paragraph 5, the words in subparagraph "c" of "principal residence" with the words "the declared place of residence";
replace the fifth paragraph, the words "place of residence" (fold) with the words "the declared place of residence" (the fold).
12. Express article 15 the following: ' article 15. Job seeker status job seeker is a person who registered to a State employment agency according to the declared place of residence and where: 1) is a Latvian citizen or non-citizen or has received a permanent residence permit, or has obtained the permission of termiņuzturēšan and is a citizen or citizens, or permanent residence received the spouse of the person;
2) does not work (not considered to be workers or self-employed according to the law "on State social insurance");
3) looking for work;
4) is operational and ready to immediately enter into a working relationship;
5) has reached the age of 15;
6) which pursues commercial or not commercial activity is suspended in accordance with the laws and regulations. "
The law adopted by the Parliament in 2004 on April 22.
The President of the Parliament instead of the President i. Otter Riga 11 May 2004 an editorial added: the law shall enter into force on 25 May 2004.