The Saeima has adopted and the President promulgated the following laws: the law of electronic documents in electronic document Act (the Saeima of the Republic of Latvia and the Cabinet of Ministers rapporteur, 2002, nr. 23; 2004, nr. 11, 18) the following amendments: 1. in article 3: make the second paragraph as follows: "(2) the electronic document is considered to be the handwritten sign, if it is a secure electronic signature. An electronic document is deemed to directly sign even when it has a digital signature and electronic document the parties signed with electronic signatures have agreed in writing. In this case a written agreement and sign the form on paper or electronically through a secure electronic signature. ';
Supplement third and fifth paragraph after the words "time stamp" by the words "or electronic signature, if the parties in the second part of this article in accordance with the procedure laid down in writing agreed on electronic document signed with an electronic signature".
2. Supplement article 5 second subparagraph, after the words "time stamp" by the words "or electronic signature, if this law article 3, second paragraph, the procedure laid down in writing agreed on electronic document signed with an electronic signature".
3. To make article 9 paragraph 3 by the following: "3) maintain sufficient financial resources to comply with this Act and the regulations issued on the basis of the requirements of acts and take out your professional indemnity article 14 of this law, to the extent set out in and order;".
4. Turn off the fifth part of article 14, the words "and for the calculation of the order".
5. To supplement the law with article 14.1 as follows: "article 14.1. Technical and organisational requirements, the Cabinet of Ministers determines the technical and organisational requirements meet the qualified certificate, trusted by a certification-service-provider, secure electronic signature creation features, as well as the procedures to be carried out in a secure electronic signature verification. "
6. Replace article 26, paragraph 5, the word "accredited" by the word "registered".
7. Transitional provisions: replace the words "transitional provisions" with the words "transitional provisions";
believe the current transitional provisions the transitional provisions of the text of paragraph 1;
adding to the transitional provisions in paragraph 2 by the following: "2. Cabinet of Ministers until 1 January 2005 issue of this law the rules laid down in article 14."
Transitional provisions with the entry into force of this Act shall terminate the constitutional order of article 81 of Cabinet of Ministers issued Regulation No. 711 "amendments to the law on electronic documents" (Latvian Saeima and the Cabinet of Ministers rapporteur, 2004, nr. 18).
The law adopted by the Parliament at the 2004 October 28.
State v. President Vaira Vīķe-Freiberga in Riga 2004 November 10 Editorial Note: the law shall enter into force on 24 November 2004.