The Saeima has adopted and the President promulgated the following laws: the law on the protection of animals in the animal protection Act (Republic of Latvia Saeima and the Cabinet of Ministers rapporteur, 2000, no. 2; 2002; 2003, 2, no, no. 6, 16) the following amendments: 1. in article 4: make the first part of paragraph 7 as follows: "7) use of animals without food and veterinary service permissions for public events that are not specialized actions with participation of the animals , religious rituals, draw the whole animal or public events, except for the agricultural exhibition; "
to supplement the first part with 14 and 15 points by the following: "14 rules of) animal welfare requirements, and non-compliance with the conditions of carriage, which can endanger animal health or cause its death;
15) animal for slaughter requirements for the protection of non-compliance. "
2. in article 5: Express 2.1 part as follows: "(21) If the owner of the animal is not able to perform the second part of this article, those duties, he seized the person of animals, able to discharge these functions pass the animal shelter or euthanased legislation.";
make the fifth, sixth and seventh subparagraph by the following: "(5) a dog dangerous recognizes food and veterinary service created by the Commission.
(6) a dangerous dog shall be prohibited to have the person: 1) which punished for attack on humans or animals, and as a result have been threatened, human or animal health or life;
2) which violated the laws and requirements governing weapons, munitions, explosives, explosive guards, special features, and the use of pyrotechnic articles;
3) for which narkolog or psychiatrists opinion that this person has mental disorders or alcohol, drugs, psycho tropic substances toxic or addictive;
4) which can not be in permanent residence.
(7) in order to be recognized as a dangerous dog and determine future actions by the food and veterinary service in accordance with the laws and regulations concerning the criteria and procedures for the dog declared dangerous and determined further action to create the Commission. The Commission's decision to the owner or keeper of the dog during the month after its entry into force or implementation challenges, submit the relevant application to the food and veterinary service Director-General. The decision taken by the Director-General may appeal to the Court of Justice. ";
to supplement the article with the 7.1 part as follows: "(71) of the food and veterinary service created the Commission may adopt a decision about the dog euthanasia, if: 1) dog attack man has suffered serious personal injury or death caused by him;
2) dangerous dog repeatedly caused harm to human or animal health or life. ";
to make an eighth of the following: "(8) dangerous dog owner or keeper of the animal sterilization or supports euthanasia in the month after the entry into force of the food and veterinary service of the Commission decision on the dog's sterilization or euthanasia. The dog's sterilization or euthanasia in the charge of the owner or keeper of the dog. ";
to supplement the article with the tenth and the eleventh subparagraph by the following: "(10) If a initiated the process for a dog to be dangerous, the owner or keeper of the dog shall comply with the regulations on the keeping of dangerous dogs.
(11) a dangerous dog to its owner or holder is prohibited in the absence of the delegate to persons other than the animal shelters in trained staff. "
3. Supplement article 6 with the sentence by the following: "animal identity document, passport or animal vaccination certificate which recorded the animal's identity number is issued and a competent authority authorized person."
4. in article 8: make the first paragraph by the following: "(1) the homeless and care or supervision of the owner left the animal (except hunting dogs hunting) is considered a stray animal. About stray animals shall not be considered as sterilized cats residing in cities and rural settlements in the vicinity of houses. "
to supplement the article with the third part as follows: "(3) the local authority, informing food and veterinary service, organised by the stray animal on schools and, if needed, also."
5. Supplement article 9 with the third subparagraph by the following: "(3) a food and veterinary service monitors and controls directly in the European Union, applicable law and enforcement of animal welfare and protect conservation areas, as well as institutions of the European Union the information you requested."
6. in article 10: put 2 and 3 as follows: "2) welfare homes (rooms), animals for trade and public exhibitions, to play the dog's training and the House (room) of the animal's owner and the rights and obligations of the holder;
3) welfare sports, work and amusement for holding animals, training and use of the matches, or attractions; ";
Add to article 11 and 12 of the following paragraph: ' 11) criteria and procedures for the recognition of the dangerous dog shall be determined further action by it and the requirements for keeping a dangerous dog;
12) procedures for the transfer of the animals animal shelter or animal. "
7. Express article 11 the first paragraph by the following: ' article 11. (1) The ethics of animal protection Council is a consultative institution that educates the public and makes recommendations to the national regulatory authorities and the local authorities in the field of animal protection. It consists of animal welfare matters to the competent representatives of the national regulatory authorities, associations and other institutions operating in the field of animal protection. "
8. Replace article 16, the word "monkey" with the word "primate".
9. Express article 19 by the following: ' article 19. Animal race Organizer Cabinet duly inform the food and veterinary service of the relevant territorial unit for the race in time and place. "
10. Express article 24, first paragraph as follows: "(1) experiments and other scientific purposes is used for this purpose bred animals (laboratory animals) or other animals in accordance with article 25 of this law."
11. To make article 25 the following: "article 25. The food and veterinary service at the animal protection Council of ethics opinion evaluation permits the use of animals for experimental and other scientific purposes, as well as biological, medical and veterinary training for vocational education. "
12. Article 36: replace the third paragraph, the words "national health service" with the words "food and veterinary service";
turn off the fourth paragraph (3).
13. Express article 39 the following: ' article 39. (1) the local Government shall establish and maintain an animal through tversm, izķer, accommodating and caring for stray and seized House (rooms), animals, as well as the accommodation and care of clueless feral animals or firms also enter into an agreement with a person or entity for such housing, maintenance and care.
(2) The local government organises the orphan animal corpses in the spirit of carrying on the animal cemetery or cremation sites and buried or in Krems in compliance with legislative requirements on the animal cemetery maintenance. "
14. Article 44: (1) be expressed as follows: "1) livestock;"
make paragraph 6 by the following: ' 6) in cases where an animal attacking a man threatened his health or life; "
Add to paragraph 7, after the word "disease" with the words "or" invasive species ".
15. Express article 45 as follows: "article 45. Animals allowed to kill only with the permission of the owner of the animal (in the case of euthanasia written permission), with the exception of article 5 of this law, the eighth and ninth 2.1 and article 44, paragraph 6 and 7 in certain cases. "
16. transitional provisions: to make paragraph 2 by the following: "2. the Cabinet of Ministers to 2006 January 1 issued rules governing: 1) the welfare of the sport, business and amusement for holding animals, training and use of the matches, or amusement;
2) the welfare of animals in animal shelters and hotels and the order in which the animal passes a animal shelter or animal;
3) criteria and procedures for the recognition of the dangerous dog shall be determined further action by it and the requirements for keeping a dangerous dog;
4) welfare homes (rooms), animals for trade and public exhibitions, to play the dog's training and the House (room) of the animal's owner and the rights and obligations of the holder. "
adding to the transitional provisions in paragraph 4 by the following: "4. The law of the third part of article 8 and in article 39 amendment regarding the tasks of local authorities in the protection of the animal shall enter into force on 1 January 2006."
The law adopted by the Parliament in December 2005 on April 14.
State v. President Vaira Vīķe-Freiberga in Riga 5 May 2005 editorial Note: the law shall enter into force on the 19th May 2005.