The Saeima has adopted and the President promulgated the following laws: the law on waste management in the waste management Act (Republic of Latvia Saeima and the Cabinet of Ministers rapporteur, 2001, nr. 3; 2004, nr. 7, 10; 2005, 2. no) the following amendments: 1. Express article 2 paragraph 2 by the following: "2) promote waste management, including the separate collection and reuse to reduce the volume of waste for disposal."
2. Supplement article 7 with the following paragraph 11: "11") determines the rate of the State fee (in LCY) for the license of ferrous and non-ferrous metals scrap and scrap buying in the Republic of Latvia and the license of the ferrous scrap and scrap buying in the Republic of Latvia, as well as the arrangements to pay this fee. "
3. turn off 8.1 article.
4. Make article 9 the first paragraph by the following: "article 9. (1) local government: 1) organised by the municipal waste, including household hazardous waste generated in the management according to the waste management national and regional plans in its administrative territory;
2) decide on new household waste recycling sites and the placement of its landfill administrative territory;
3) issued binding rules governing the management of municipal waste in its administrative territory, its administrative division of the territory of the municipal waste management areas, waste collection, transport, handling and storage, as well as the order in which payments are to be carried out on the waste facility;
4) take decisions concerning the new hazardous waste recycling sites, including incinerators and landfills, in their administrative territory;
5) can invest in waste management system design and maintenance of appropriate waste management plans. "
5.10.1 article: Add to the first paragraph, after the word "plans" with the words "with the exception of the city of Riga", and the text by the following: "the city of Riga municipality organized waste management plan for the development of its administrative territory and after coordination with the Ministry of Environment approved it. Regional waste management plans establish waste management region boundaries. ";
to complement the fourth paragraph after the word "authorities" with the words "if necessary".
6. To supplement the law with article 11.1 of the following: ' article 11.1. (1) regional environmental management decisions regarding waste management permit during the month from the date of entry into force of the decision may be referred to the monitoring of the environment national Office.
(2) If, in accordance with the waste management licence conditions is possible to initiate or continue the polluting activity which may endanger human life or have significant negative effects on human health or the environment, the conditions of authorization may be challenged at any time while it is in force.
(3) If the decision is contested environmental monitoring national Office in the first and second subparagraphs, the relevant time limit set in the authorisation was not stopped. The continuation of the activity may cause significant adverse environmental effects, environmental monitoring national Office shall decide to suspend the operation of the authorisation.
(4) If the decision is contested on an existing machine that requires extended waste management licence or other authorisation required, equipment operation is not suspended, except where the business transaction is stopped in the laws.
(5) environmental monitoring national Office can appeal against the decision adopted in accordance with the procedure prescribed by law. Application to the Court does not suspend the operation of the administrative act. "
7. Replace the words "article 13" (fold) with the word "commercial" (fold).
8. Express article 15 the following: ' article 15. (1) the local authority, in the light of this law, article 9, first paragraph, point 3 of the above applicable rules, select a merchant who will make municipal waste collection, transport, handling and storage in the municipal waste management area, in the order set out in the laws regulating the purchase, by organising procurement procedures for the management of municipal waste in a particular area. Authorities can determine the common service area, which includes the territory of several municipalities. Agreement with each local switch operators separately. The municipality included in the statement of work the requirements relating to the applicant's qualifications, ability to make municipal waste management and technical or financial support for municipal waste management activities in a given area. The municipality includes the procurement Commission, representative of the national environment service regional environmental management.
(2) Government contract procurement procedures resulted in the designated municipal waste managers who received the municipal waste management permit.
(3) The contract between the municipality and municipal managers switch on time, not more than five years, and the term of the contract may not exceed municipal waste management permit.
(4) The municipality shall inform their administrative territories of the producer of the waste on the territory of this Division of the municipal waste management areas and on municipal waste managers, with which it has an agreement on municipal waste collection, transport, handling and storage in the municipal waste management area. "
9. Supplement article 17 with the words "appropriate waste management national and regional plans".
10. in article 20.2: make the first part of paragraph 3 as follows: "3) commercial or economic activities are imported from other countries or exported to other countries in electrical and electronic equipment".
make the third paragraph as follows: "(3) electrical and electronic equipment producers in the Cabinet in the order register, Ministry of the environment authorized body or electrical and electronic equipment manufacturers ' Association of persons established, which operates not less than five years and who has delegated this task to the Ministry of the environment. Electrical and electronic equipment manufacturers provide environmental Ministry notified body or Association of persons referred to information on the Latvian market of electrical and electronic equipment, the quantity of categories, as well as collected, reused, recycled, recovered and exported waste electrical and electronic equipment in quantity and categories. "
11. in article 20.4: make the second paragraph as follows: "(2) electrical and electronic equipment manufacturer can make the first part of this article, these measures or a contract with waste electrical and electronic equipment disposal service (the company that, on the basis of contracts concluded with the electrical and electronic equipment manufacturer, organizes and coordinates the waste electrical and electronic equipment management).";
in the fourth paragraph, replace the words "accept household electrical or electronic equipment and free" with the words "ensure household electrical or electronic equipment, not asking for pay".
12. in article 20.5: make the second paragraph as follows: "(2) electrical and electronic equipment manufacturer is exempted from environmental taxes on electrical and electronic equipment in accordance with the law on natural resource tax" if it has entered into an agreement with the Ministry of the environment: 1) on waste electrical and electronic equipment management system application and provide the waste electrical and electronic equipment according to this law, the adoption rules;
2) waste electrical and electronic equipment operator, which in turn contracted with the Ministry of environment on waste electrical and electronic equipment management system application and provide the waste electrical and electronic equipment, the adoption of appropriate provisions of this Act. ";
to supplement the article with the third and fourth subparagraph by the following: "(3) up to 13 august 2005 in the market of household electrical and electronic equipment waste management costs of all the electrical and electronic equipment manufacturers.
(4) Until 13 august 2005 in the market of electrical and electronic equipment, which are not considered to be household electrical or electronic equipment, the costs of waste management shall be borne by the users of these facilities. This equipment manufacturers that waste management costs, if the equipment is replaced with new equipment or an identical new plants that perform similar functions. "
13. Add to paragraph 10 of the transitional provisions of the text by the following: "waste disposal landfill need to get waste disposal permit. The waste disposal permit can be extended to the dump. "
The Parliament adopted the law of 22 June 2005.
State v. President Vaira Vīķe-Freiberga in Riga, July 12, 2005 editorial Note: the law shall enter into force on 26 July 2005.