The Saeima has adopted and promulgated the following laws of Valstsprezident: the amendments to the law "on the City Council, District Council, District Council and Parish Council status" to make the law "on the City Council, District Council, District Council and Parish Council status" (Latvian Saeima and the Cabinet of Ministers rapporteur, 1994, no. 8; 1997, no. 6; 2001, nr. 1; 2005, 2006 14 no, No 14;; 2007, no. 21) the following amendments : 1. Turn off all over the word of the law "(the Council)" in the fold.
2. Put the name of the law as follows: "the City Council of the Republic and the District Council for the status of the law".
3. Express article 1 and 2 by the following: "article 1. The purpose of the law this law is governed by the City Council of the Republic and the District Council (hereinafter Council), the rights and obligations of members (powers), as well as guarantees that ensure the realization of these powers.
2. article. The term of Office of the members of parliamentary powers begins with the newly elected Council's first sitting day or a moment when the City Council of the Republic and the District Council election article 43 of the law in accordance with the procedure laid down in the previous parliamentary place into the next candidate from the list.
Mandate terminates with the next Legislative Council, or the first meeting day with the establishment of the interim administration under Republican City Council and District Council election law to the provisions of article 24. "
4. Express 3 the first paragraph of article 3 by the following: ' 3) with the day when the legitimate entry into force of the judgment of the Court of Justice, which established the fact that a member is in breach of the Republic elected by the City Council and District Council election law limits; "
5. Express 3.1 the fifth article as follows: "If the Council at the time of his mandate, his place in the Republic the City Council and District Council elections law 43. in accordance with the procedure laid down in article into the next nominee."
6. To express the title of chapter III as follows: "the activities of members of the city or municipality of the Republic".
7. in article 15.1: replace the title, the words "Council (Council)" with the words "the Council or Council";
to supplement the first subparagraph following the words "City Council" with the words "the elected District Council";
express the sixth part as follows: "the municipality by the State social insurance contributions to the State retirement insurance for the person who is granted and paid the allowance which has not reached the age required for the granting of pension age. The State social insurance contributions to the State pension insurance shall not be carried out for the period during which the person is a non-working disabled. On the not taken in a timely manner the State social insurance pension insurance contributions is not a delay. Procedures need to be repaid and State social insurance contributions to the State retirement insurance for the person who receives the benefits, and the amount of these contributions, as well as the order in which the person to be registered in the State Pension Fund, established by the Cabinet of Ministers. "
8. Express transitional provisions in paragraph 6 by the following: "6. The Cabinet of Ministers to 2008 September 1, issued by this law, the sixth subparagraph of article 15.1 of these provisions."
The law shall enter into force on July 1, 2009, but this law, articles 7 and 8, the day after the promulgation of the law.
The Parliament adopted the law on 17 July 2008.
President Valdis Zatlers in Riga V 2008 July 30 Editorial Note: the law shall enter into force by July 1, 2009, but this law, articles 7 and 8 — July 31, 2008.