Read the untranslated law here: https://www.vestnesis.lv/ta/id/188592
The Saeima has adopted and the President promulgated the following laws: the amendments to the Highway Traffic Act to make the Highway Traffic Act (the Latvian Saeima and the Cabinet of Ministers rapporteur, 1997, nr. 22; 2000, 3, 14, 15; 2001, nr. 6. No; 2003, 17; 2005, nr. 13. No; 2006, 2. No; 2007, 3, 7, 21; 2008, 13. no no no 1, 2009) the following amendments: 1. Supplement article 1 with 19.1 and 19.2 points in this version : "191) specialized tourist vehicle: a motor vehicle that is connected to one or more passenger trailers intended for the carriage drives along a specific route;
192) special technical, technical, which is not provided by the manufacturer for use on the road. "
2. Supplement article 4 with the ninth subparagraph by the following: "(9) Ministry of agriculture in the development projects of the laws on road safety issues in relation to the technical and the use of trailers, as well as road traffic regulations laid down in the exercise of State supervision of the technical monitoring agency."
3. Article 9: replace the second paragraph, the words "bus and trams" with the words "bus, trams and the specialized tourist vehicles";
to supplement the article with third, fourth, fifth and sixth the following: "(3) the use of specialised tourist vehicle conditions, vehicle type and route of movement, its public necessity and safety criteria, determined by the relevant authorities.
(4) a Person who is a citizen or non-citizen as well as a person who has received a certificate of registration issued in Latvia, a permanent residence card or residence permit in the territory of Latvia, banned road traffic to drive abroad permanently registered passenger car, except for the fifth subparagraph of this article, in these cases.
(5) in the fourth subparagraph of this article, the persons in the territory of Latvia can drive abroad constantly passenger car registered in the following cases: 1 person) runs a passenger car, which leased the (renting) registered foreign professional, dealing with autoiznomāšan (autoizīrēšan), and the driver of the vehicle is certified by the lease (rental) agreement and abroad issued a certificate of registration of the vehicle in which the holder (holder, possessor) is the lessor of the vehicle (leaseholders);
2 person) runs a passenger car was a present to the vehicle owner (holder, holder) or his authorised person that is not in the fourth paragraph of this article, that person;
3) person abroad gainfully employed or studying or doing business as a sole proprietor or self-employed person;
4) is the registered holder of the right of a foreign owner (member) or officer who established;
5) occupies an elected post of another Member State of the European Union authorities in decision-making bodies;
6) the residence permit issued to a person (registration certificate) in foreign countries;
7) passenger car run by the person who is the spouse, first-degree relatives (including adopted child or adoptive parent) or second-degree relative to the relevant passenger car owner (holder, holder) which, in accordance with the provisions of this article that the vehicle could drive the territory of Latvia.
(6) in the fifth subparagraph of this article, in the cases provided for in the fourth paragraph, that person could Latvia road traffic drive a passenger car, the Cabinet where the road traffic safety Directorate to receive permission to participate in road traffic. The Cabinet determines when and how to order the road safety Directorate in the fourth paragraph of this article, the persons referred to grant and revoke permission to participate in road traffic. "
4. in article 10: make the first paragraph by the following: "(1) road traffic vehicles involved are recorded: 1) the local government established the tram, trolleybus, and specialized tourist vehicles;
2) State technical supervisory agency — implements and trailers;
3) road traffic safety Directorate — other motor vehicles, their trailers and mopeds. ";
Add to article 1.1, 1.2 and 1.3 with 1.4 part as follows: "(11) in the first paragraph of this article, 2 and 3 above road vehicles involved in registration is to be made within five days after the purchase of the vehicle, or buy the vehicle of a foreign importation.
(12) Latvia being filed they registered abroad the first part of this article in 2 and 3 above, vehicles in Latvia for more than three months and participates in road traffic and that the owners are foreigners or foreign legal entities registered in (the legal capacity of persons associations).
(13) the first paragraph of this article, 2 and 3 above road vehicles involved in registration is to be carried out also in the following cases: 1) within five days of a change of vehicle registration certificate contains the owner (possessor of the holder) or any of the technical data;
2) until the next State technical inspection or to check out with this vehicle from a country where a change in the registration certificate of the vehicle specified in the holder's name, surname or name;
3) before starting with this vehicle from a country where a change in the registration certificate of the vehicle specified in the owner's name and the relevant vehicle from leaving the country even to the owner or the person who is specified in the certificate of registration of the vehicle.
(14) the first paragraph of this article, 2 and 3 above involved in road vehicle registration and disposal procedures established by the Cabinet of Ministers. "
replace the seventh paragraph, the words "technological Assembly" with the words "technological units-trailer" and the words "technological Assembly" with the words "technological Assembly — trailers".
5. in article 12: to supplement the first sentence with the following: "documents need not be given if the seizure of the vehicle and the driver did check mark in the national register on the transfer of ownership of the vehicle the acquirer. ';
to make the second part of paragraph 5 by the following: "5) Act concerning the seizure — a legal person registered in Latvia, transfer of vehicle ownership of the beneficiary;".
6. in article 16, in the fourth paragraph: replace the words "the tram and trolley bus" with the words "tram, trolleybus and the specialized tourist vehicle";
Add to part with the sentence as follows: "special for State technical inspection implements is not carried out."
7. Turn off article 21, second and third.
8. Express article 22 the following: ' article 22. Driver training and driver's license (1) the driving and vehicle licence can get a statutory age reached a person permanently residing in Latvia which LAT or staying longer than 185 days in any calendar year and which is not medical pretindikācij control of the vehicle, except in the cases provided by law, when the acquisition of a certain period of time is denied. Information on medical indication to the presence or absence of road safety Directorate and the State technical supervisory agency to provide medical treatment, people who have the appropriate medical certificate.
(2) a driving licence is issued for a specific period of time. Driving acquisition and renewal, as well as the issue of a driving licence, Exchange and recovery procedures and deadlines determined by the Cabinet of Ministers.
(3) the driver of the vehicle, including the technical, theoretical and driving training has the right to engage the operator or educational authority in governing document is intended for the training program. Individual train a person to drive a vehicle without doing business with, permitted drivers, which the head of the relevant category of seniority of at least three years, and only with the A1, A, B1 and B category of driving licences for vehicles.
(4) the requirements for economic operators, educational institutions and professionals who provide training for drivers of vehicles, vehicle driver training programs, as well as vehicle drivers training process control procedures established by the Cabinet of Ministers.
(5) study visits allowed persons with basic road rules. Initial training in driving must be delimited areas.
(6) participation in road traffic, the person learning to drive a motor vehicle (except a trolley bus) must be present for driving instruction permit or document on the right to drive motor vehicles. After the police officer requests the relevant persons are obliged to present this document. "
9. Supplement article 23 of the fourth subparagraph with the sentence by the following:
"The driver, who is entitled to drive B, C1, D1, (C) or (D) the category of vehicles allowed to drive vehicles for specialized tourist."
10. Article 25: replace the introductory part of the first subparagraph, the words "to give test" with the word "the" should be presented;
make the first part of paragraph 6 by the following: "6) one of the following documents (labels): a) a visual cue (sticker) with permission to participate in road traffic the expiry date on the car or affixed to the windshield or on special implements ground motorcycle, trailer (semi-trailer), sports cars, implements or special military vehicle, b) in the case of a visual cue (sticker) with temporary permission to participate in road traffic the expiry date on the car or affixed to the windshield or on special implements the base of motorcycle trailer (semi-trailer), sports cars, implements or special military vehicle, c) in the case of the technical control of the vehicle on the road, d) road traffic safety Directorate issued or electronically presented a one-day permit to participate in road traffic, for the technical inspection. "
11. Add to article 30, the third part of the sentence the following wording: "driving the law ban registration or opposition appeal shall not suspend its activity."
12. Replace article 43.1 of the sixth paragraph, the words "appropriate and disqualification for 12 or more months or" with the word "appropriate".
13. in article 27.1: to complement the second paragraph after the word "only" with the words "the Manager, the minimum";
Supplement third with 12 points as follows: ' 12) photo that shows the trans portlīdzekl and national registration number sign. ";
Supplement fifth with the sentence the following wording: "Protocol, the decision is invalid without the signature of the fine applied by officials."
14. Article 45 off 2.1 part name "(Soviet)".
15. Express article 47 in the third part as follows: "(3) in Latvia is obliged to register the foreign vehicles temporarily imported, which corresponds to article 10 of this law 1.2 parts."
16. transitional provisions be supplemented by 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 and 19 point as follows: "Cabinet of Ministers to 14 2009 December 31 issued this law, article 22, second paragraph a (new) these provisions, which set driving acquisition and restore order and the issue of a driving licence, Exchange and restore order and terms. To the Cabinet from the date of entry into force of the provisions, but not longer than until the 2009 December 31 apply to Cabinet 27 July 2004 No. 634 "provisions of the head of the technical qualification and implements driver's license procedure", Cabinet of Ministers of 15 February 2005, Regulation No 127 of the "dangerous goods vehicles designed for the transportation of the driver training and driving licence issuance, Exchange and restore order and the Cabinet of Ministers on 6 March 2007 the Regulation No 173" driver qualification , driving rights acquisition and restore order and the issue of a driving licence, Exchange and restore order to the extent they do not conflict with this Act.
15. The Cabinet of Ministers until 2009 December 31 issued this law, article 22, fourth subparagraph (new) these provisions, which define the requirements for economic operators, educational institutions and professionals who provide training for drivers of vehicles, vehicle driver training programs, as well as vehicle driver training procedures for the control of the process. To the Cabinet from the date of entry into force of the provisions, but no longer than until December 31 of the applicable Cabinet on 15 February 2005, Regulation No 131 of the "rules on requirements for academic institutions and professionals who prepare, drivers, and driver training programs," and the Cabinet of Ministers dated 7 June 2005, regulation 406 "qualification requirements to specialists and training institutions that prepare the technical managers and implements driver training programmes ", in so far as they do not conflict with this Act.
16. Article 9 of this law, the fourth, fifth and sixth paragraph shall enter into force on July 1, 2009.
17. The Cabinet of Ministers until 30 June 2009 manages this law, article 9 of the sixth part of these provisions.
18. The Cabinet of Ministers until July 31, 2009. for the issue of article 10 of this law the provisions referred to in paragraph 1.4. Up to the date of entry into force of the relevant provisions, but no longer than up to July 31, 2009, to apply to the Cabinet of Ministers of 27 April 2004, the provisions of no. 446 "vehicle registration" and the Cabinet of Ministers of 20 July 2004, the rules no 618 "implements and trailers registration rules", in so far as they do not conflict with this Act.
19. Amendment of article 45 of this law, part of the word "2.1 (Soviet)" exclusion shall enter into force on July 1, 2009. "
The Parliament adopted the law of 19 February 2009.
President Valdis Zatlers in Riga V. 4 March 2009 Editorial Note: the law shall enter into force on the 18 March 2009.
Search Translated Laws of Latvia