Read the untranslated law here: https://www.vestnesis.lv/ta/id/188589
The Saeima has adopted and the President promulgated the following laws: the amendments to the insurance companies and the supervisory law to make insurance companies and supervision Act (Republic of Latvia Saeima and the Cabinet of Ministers rapporteur, 1998, no. 15; 1999, no. 10; 2000, no. 13; 2002; 2003, 12 No No 9; 2004, nr. 2, 14, 2, 14; 2005. No; 2006, nr. 1; 2007, 15. no; 2008, 13. 15., 23., no.) the following amendments: 1. To supplement the law with article 5.1 by the following: ' article 5.1. (1) providing insurance services is prohibited different treatment on grounds of sex, except in accordance with this article. Different treatment insurance premiums and insurance remuneration, using sex as a determining factor, the insurance services that such differences be based according to the actuarial and statistical data.
(2) insurance services, which allowed different treatment insurance premiums and insurance remuneration determination using gender as a key factor, and the date from which those services permissible differential treatment, shall be determined by the Cabinet of Ministers.
(3) not less frequently than every five years, the Ministry of welfare, together with the Ministry of finance, the financial and capital market Commission and the Latvian insurers Association, based on the actuarial and statistical data to assess the future of this article referred to in the second paragraph of the determination of the reasonableness of insurance services and, if necessary, submit proposals to the Cabinet for necessary changes.
(4) Actuarial and statistical data, on the basis of which it is made is referred to in the third subparagraph, the assessment of the Ministry of welfare and regularly publish them on your website in the internet.
(5) Prohibited to establish different insurance premiums and claims, depending on the size of a woman's pregnancy or post-natal period up to one year, but if the woman is breastfeeding, feeding time, throughout. "
2. Add to the informative reference to directives of the European Union with the following point 19:19) Council of 13 December 2004, Directive 2004/113/EC implementing the principle of equal treatment for men and women in the access to and supply of goods and services. "
The law shall enter into force on the day following its promulgation.
The Parliament adopted the law of 19 February 2009.
President Valdis Zatlers in Riga V. 4 March 2009 Editorial Note: the law shall enter into force on 5 March 2009.
Search Translated Laws of Latvia