Read the untranslated law here: https://www.vestnesis.lv/ta/id/188932
The Saeima has adopted and the President promulgated the following laws: the law on voter registration to make electoral register Act (Republic of Latvia Saeima and the Cabinet of Ministers rapporteur, 2004, 4, 21; 2006, nr. 12. no; 2008, no. 16) follows: 1. Article 6, first paragraph: Add to part with 8.1 points as follows: ' 81) address in the prisons to which kinds of documents for voting by mail, if the voter logged on to vote by mail; "
Add to part with the following paragraph 13: "13) news on the candidature for the elections to the European Parliament: (a) the applicant's date of application), (b)), the applicant-registered list of political organizations (parties) or registered political organizations (parties) associations."
2. in article 11.1: Supplement to the second part of the article as follows: "(2) news on the elections to the European Parliament candidates applied for the register shall include the Central Election Commission."
believe the current text of article about the first part.
3. Supplement article 12 with a fifth by the following: "(5) in the case of the city and District Council elections are held simultaneously with the elections to the European Parliament, the voters who have the right to participate in both elections, including election precinct list, which belong to the addresses registered voters in the residence, according to the City Council, District Council and Parish Council electoral law."
4. Supplement article 13 with the third subparagraph by the following: "(3) the Board not later than 70 days before the election enables voters to receive free of charge on the internet for information about where the election precinct voter list, he included."
5. To make article 14, sixth subparagraph by the following: "(6) the municipality or the residence of the Declaration, through the online data transmission, updated the register shall include the particulars of the electoral precinct of Exchange on the date of receipt of the application."
6. Express article 15, first subparagraph as follows: "(1) if the citizens of the European Union received a submission requesting to cancel the registry entry for him, or if a citizen of the European Union has lost the right to vote in European Union Member State of which he is a national, Central Election Commission excluded relevant information from the registry."
The law shall enter into force on the day following its promulgation.
The Parliament adopted the law of 26 February 2009.
President Valdis Zatlers in Riga V. 11 March 2009. Editorial Note: the law shall enter into force on 12 March 2009.
Search Translated Laws of Latvia