Read the untranslated law here: https://www.vestnesis.lv/ta/id/189655
The Saeima has adopted and the President promulgated the following laws: amended freedom of information act to make the freedom of Information Act (the Saeima of the Republic of Latvia and the Cabinet of Ministers rapporteur, 1998, nr. 24; 2003; 2004, nr. 12, 2., no. 6; 2006, 2., no. 21) the following amendments: 1. in article 11: make the first paragraph by the following: "(1) information may be requested in writing, orally or electronically.";
make the second paragraph, the second sentence as follows: "the authority may determine the order in which the requests for information should be expressed orally, and such requests that are submitted in electronic form and regulations prescribed have not signed with an electronic signature."
replace the third paragraph, the words "information in a written request" with the words "request for information, expressed in writing or by electronic means" and the words "place of residence, place of residence or registered office in Latvia"-with the words "address information" that can be sent.
2. in article 12: replace the first part of the word "appeal" with the words "to challenge or appeal";
make the third paragraph as follows: "(3) if the information required by the authority is available online free of charge, the authority may refuse to issue the requested information by specifying the address of the website where the information is available, except where the applicant has indicated that his legal status, State of health or other reasonable circumstances access to information on the internet. If the law of the requested authority or the Cabinet of Ministers regulations, the authority may refuse to issue to specify when and where the newspaper "journal" information published, as well as home page on the internet where a measure is available. ";
in the fourth paragraph, replace the words "provide information" with the words "to fulfil a request for information or certain of its provisions".
3. To make article 13, second subparagraph by the following: "(2) the fee for the provision of information should not exceed the additional processing of information (copy, search, URu.tml.) expenses. Issuing regulations on fees for information services, take note that the cost must not include any costs incurred in resolving legal or political issues related to the response to the request for information, as well as information search costs, except where the information is issued from the archives or Museum. "
4. in article 14: to supplement the first part with a 1.1 point as follows: "11) within 10 days of the response to the applicant if the information required to be provided only in electronic form, and it does not require additional processing;"
make the second paragraph as follows: "(2) for the provision of information by more individual requests for information apply this statutory deadlines and the application of the law, the provisions of article 6."
5. Express article 15 the following: ' article 15. Authority's decision and action control (1) the administrative acts issued by the authorities for refusal to provide information or complete a request for information, as well as the actual action that takes place as omission or improper delivery, can be a challenge and appeal against administrative procedure law.
(2) administrative district court decision can be appealed in cassation to the Supreme Court Senate Administrative Department.
(3) If the request for information is received in electronic form and regulations prescribed is not signed with a digital signature, the applicant is not entitled to require the provision of information in court. "
6. transitional provisions be supplemented with paragraph 8 by the following: ' 8. This law, article 15, paragraph 2 shall not apply to those cases where the administrative district court judgment adopted up to 31 March 2009. In these cases the judgment subject to further appeal the administrative process law. "
The law shall enter into force on 1 April 2009.
The law adopted by the Parliament in the March 12, 2009.
President Valdis Zatlers in Riga V. 25 March 2009 Editorial Note: the law shall enter into force on the 1 April 2009.
Search Translated Laws of Latvia