Read the untranslated law here: https://www.vestnesis.lv/ta/id/190347
The Saeima has adopted and the President promulgated the following laws: the law on operational activities to make operational activities Act (Republic of Latvia Saeima and the Cabinet of Ministers rapporteur, 1994, nr. 1; 1995, no. 18; 1997, no. 15; 2002, no. 16; 2005, 14, 22 no, no. 22; 2007) the following amendments: 1. Make 2. the first paragraph of article 6 paragraph 5 by the following: "5) search of the persons who suddenly and without any apparent reason, abandoned their permanent or temporary place of residence do not follow your usual lifestyle and contact with them is not possible, as well as juvenile and search of persons whose age, their physical, mental condition or illness is reliant, but gone from home, hospital or other place of residence (missing person); ".
2. To supplement the law with article 8.1 as follows: "article 8.1. Dissemination of information to the integrated information system of Interior (1) If this Act referred to in article 2 tasks and operational objectives needed to find out, the person or the document's location, operations officer of the merged entity may decide on the inclusion of integrated news information system in the Interior of the person, or the location of the document.
(2) If the process of operational activities lost the need or reason to find out the lost persons, property or the document's location, the operational entity shall decide on the deletion of messages from the integrated information system of the Interior.
(3) the integrated system of information for the Interior to be included in the message, the message of inclusion size and purpose, the message of inclusion, use and deletion procedures, institutions that are to be granted access to the stored information, as well as action, finding the person, property or documents for which messages are included in the integrated system of information for the Interior in the Cabinet of Ministers. "
3. turn off article 11, first paragraph, the words "subject to the conditions referred to in the second subparagraph."
4. Turn off 15.1 of part of article 3.
5. Replace article 16, first paragraph, the word "criminals" by the words "suspects, indictees, convicted".
6. Express article 33 the following: ' article 33. The financing of operational activities (1) operational activities financed from the national budget. The financing of operational activities received national budget accounting in accordance with accounting regulations, subject to the provisions for the protection of State secrets.
(2) The use of funds, accounting and internal control procedures is determined by the operational authorities. "
The Parliament adopted the law of 26 March 2009.
In place of the President of the parliamentary President G. Lot in Riga 2009. on 8 April, the Editorial Note: the law shall enter into force on 22 April 2009.
Search Translated Laws of Latvia