Read the untranslated law here: https://www.vestnesis.lv/ta/id/190509
The Saeima has adopted and the President promulgated the following laws: the amendments to the law "on prevention of conflict of interest in the activities of public officials" to make the law "on prevention of conflict of interest in the activities of public officials" (Latvian Saeima and the Cabinet of Ministers rapporteur, 2002, no. 11, no. 12; 2003; 2006, 2., no. 20; 2007, nr. 14; 2008, nr. 24) as follows: 1. Replace the entire law, except for the transitional provisions, the words "Council (the Council)" (the number and fold) with the word "thought" (the number and fold).
2. Turn off all over the words in the law, "Minister of State" (the number and fold).
3. in article 4: turn off the first part of paragraph 5, the words "and the Minister";
make the first part of paragraph 14 by the following: "14) the local Government Council Chairman and his Deputy, Executive Director of the local government and his Deputy, as well as the county or city manager of the administration of the Government;".
4. in article 7: Add to fifth after the words "local authorities, managers and their alternates" with the words "county or city managers in the County municipal administrations;
turn off the fifth subparagraph, point 3, paragraph 3 of part 5.1 and sixth in paragraph 2, the words "as well as the service in the National Guard, if not provided otherwise by law";
to complement the sixth paragraph 4 by the following: "4) artisan business, registering for the State revenue service as economic operator in accordance with the law" on personal income tax ", if this connection does not pose a conflict of interest and have received national or municipal institution or his authorized person's written permission.";
Add to article 10.1 part as follows: "(101) State officials who registered to the State revenue service as economic operator in accordance with the law" on personal income tax ", allowed to connect your posts with the economic activity, which is carried out by managing this Government officials belonging to the real estate."
to supplement the article with the twelfth and thirteenth part as follows: "(12) If the law stricter limits, State officials, subject to the second, third, fourth, fifth, sixth, seventh, eighth and thirteenth, prescribed in the special position of the coupling constraints are allowed to connect to your State officials post not more than with the other two paid or otherwise compensated posts in other national or local institutions, corporations in the where a State or local government part separately or as a whole share capital exceeds 50 percent, or a corporation in which the State or a municipality or State or municipal corporation is a member. For this part of the above posts is not considered as educators, scientists, doctors, professional athletes and creative work. In this part of the post that connect tolerated if it does not pose a conflict of interest is not in conflict with State officials in the binding rules of conduct and does not harm the public officers for duty directly.
(13) public officers authorized to connect to your posts with the national guard if the services otherwise provided by law. "
5. in article 10: Supplement to article 1.1 part as follows: "(11) in the first paragraph of this article does not state that directors and their deputies, as well as government officials of relatives may not be members of the company, shareholders, members or the sole proprietors from the relevant national authorities receive the order for purchase of its needs or the financial means, except when they give public tender.";
replace the words "the second subparagraph of the first paragraph with the words" and the number "and" the first 1.1 parts;
to make the fourth subparagraph by the following: "(4) the President of the municipal councils, their deputies and members of the local executive directors and their deputies, as well as parish or city administrations heads the County Government may not be members of the company, shareholders, members or the sole proprietors that receives the municipal order of purchase its needs, financial resources, municipal guaranteed loans or privatization Fund, except where provided by public tender.";
Add to article 4.1 part as follows: "(41) municipal directors and their alternates shall not be members of the company, shareholders, members or the sole proprietors, which the local authorities receive orders for the purchase of its needs or the financial means, except when they give public tender.";
to make a fifth by the following: "(5) the Republic of Councils of cities and the county councils, their alternates, the local executive directors and their alternates, as well as the county or city managers, county administrations, municipalities must follow the fourth paragraph of this article, the rules also two years after they have ceased to hold public officials concerned duties."
6. Express article 18 the first paragraph by the following: "(1) a public officer may proceed with the State or local government property, including financial means, in law, the Cabinet of Ministers regulations, as well as local binding rules."
7. transitional provisions be supplemented with 12, 13, 14, 15 and 16 as follows: "12. Public officials shall ensure compliance with this law, article 7 of the twelfth part until July 1, 2009.
13. Amendment of article 4 of this law, the first subparagraph of paragraph 14 of the new version of article 7 of the fifth replenishment of the public officer's status and position limits of the County connecting or city administration, article 10 of this law and its corresponding 1.1 amendment to the second paragraph of this article, as well as the amendment of this article fourth and fifth point in a new version of the article with the addition of 4.1 commercial activities relating to the limitations of the individual municipal officials and administrative territorial reform enter into force July 1, 2009.
14. amendment of this law, the word "Council (the Council)" (the number and fold) replacement throughout the law with the words "think" (the number and fold) shall enter into force on July 1, 2009.
15. transitional provisions this law paragraph 13 amendments referred to in article 10 of this law does not apply in cases where: 1) orders for purchase by State authorities or the financial means this law, article 10, part 1.1 official or its relative as individual trader or a company in which they are members, shareholders or members assigned to July 1, 2009 (article 10 of this law 1.1);
2) order of purchases for the purposes of local government, financial resources, municipal loans guaranteed or privatisation Fund municipal Deputy Executive Director as an individual trader or a company in which the municipal Deputy Executive Director is a member, shareholder or member, awarded up to July 1, 2009 (this Act amendment of article 10 of the fourth part of the new version of expression);
3) order for procurement of local authorities or financial resources to local authorities the driver or his Deputy as an individual trader or a company in which the local authority leader or his Deputy is a member, shareholder or member, awarded up to July 1, 2009 (this law, in article 4.1).
16. transitional provisions this law paragraph 13 amendments referred to in article 10 of this law, the second and the fifth part of the commercial restrictions apply only to: 1) County Councils, their deputies, county councils, local Executive Director Executive Director Deputy of Office ceased to hold July 1, 2009 or after;
2) public institutions managers, deputies and their relatives, if the national authorities or Deputy Heads responsibilities of the graduate to perform July 1, 2009 or after. "
The law shall enter into force on May 1, 2009.
The Parliament adopted the law of 26 March 2009.
President Valdis Zatlers in Riga of the April 15, 2009 Editorial Note: the law shall enter into force by 1 May 2009.
Search Translated Laws of Latvia