Read the untranslated law here: https://www.vestnesis.lv/ta/id/191767
The Saeima has adopted and promulgated the following laws of Valstsprezident: amendment to the water law to make water management law (Republic of Latvia Saeima and the Cabinet of Ministers rapporteur, 2002, nr. 20; 2003; 2004, nr. 2, 10. No; 2005, no. 5; 2007, nr. 13) follows: 1. Article 1: Add to article 13.1, 13.2 and 13.3 of the paragraph by the following: "131) — swimming bathing for landscaped site or any place near the sea coast and inland waters where swimming is safe and is not prohibited and that residents use to rest during the bathing season;
132) bathing water, coastal waters and inland waters in which bathing area residents use the swimming;
133) — swimming-friendly bathing season season, which determines the appropriate weather conditions and which is expected by a large number of bathers. Latvia is the bathing season from 15 May to 15 September; "
Add to article 14.1 and 14.2 of the point as follows: "141) floods, usually not covered with water flooding of land temporarily caused a storm surge caused coastal territory or rapid water level rises into watercourses and bodies pal or prolonged rainy season;
142) flood risk, flood risk and onset of the potential adverse impact on human health, the environment, cultural heritage and economic activity; "
to express the point 20 as follows: "20) water resources use, surface and ground water resources of natural or legal persons, as well as water management and other business services, including pollutants, activities that significantly affect the surface or groundwater quality or quantity;";
to supplement the article with 20.1 points as follows: "201) water management services — activities that provide water, storage, preparation and delivery of natural or legal persons, as well as waste water collection, treatment and discharge of surface ūdensobjekto."
2. Express article 2 by the following: ' article 2. The purpose of the law this law aims at: 1) create a surface and ground water protection and management system that: (a)) promotes sustainable and rational use of water resources to ensure long-term protection and sufficient supply of good quality surface and ground water, b) and prevents water from water directly dependent terrestrial ecosystems and wetlands deterioration, protect these ecosystems and improve their condition , c) improves the water environment, gradually decrease the emissions of priority substances and leak, as well as stopping the environment particularly dangerous substances emissions and leakage, d) provides groundwater pollution progressive reduction and prevents its further pollution, e) underground water resources restoration, f) provides land protection against flooding or droughts, g) provides the protection of marine waters, h) facilitate international agreements the objectives set out to stop and prevent the pollution of the marine environment, or to gradually eliminate the aquatic environment particularly dangerous substances emissions and discharges to the marine environment and produce the State of the marine environment of origin by anthropogenic chemical concentration is close to zero, but naturally occurring concentrations of chemicals — close to nature in the background;
2) create a flood risk assessment and management system to reduce flood-related adverse effects on human health, the environment, cultural heritage and economic activity. "
3. Supplement article 5 tenth with 7, 8, 9 and 10 of the following paragraph: "7) the bathing establishment and maintenance of order and security requirements;
8) the order in which the deployable information inscriptions or symbols for bathing;
9) list of bathing it in bathing water monitoring carried out during the bathing season on the State budget;
10) measures in the set of bathing water quality and human health. "
4. To make article 7 paragraph 6 and 7 by the following: ' 6) to get legislation that permits operations that are associated with the use of water resources;
7) regulations in order to provide a statistical overview of the use of water resources under the conditions of the permit issued; ".
5. Supplement article 8 second paragraph with the sentence the following wording: "in article 2 of this law for the achievement of the necessary measures planned and carried out the said river basin district."
6. in article 9: Supplement to the fourth part of the introductory paragraph, after the word "agency" with the words "for each river basin district";
turn off the fourth paragraph in paragraph 1, the words "for each river basin district";
Replace paragraph 7 of part IV, the words "management plan and in the preparation of programmes of measures" with the words "management plan, including flood risk management plans, and the preparation of programmes of measures";
to make 8 of the fourth part of the paragraph by the following: ' 8) coordinates the implementation of programmes of measures, maintain and collect information on the measures taken and the changes of anthropogenic activities, as well as, on the basis of the information and the results of monitoring, carried out the analysis of the effectiveness and, if necessary, to draw up proposals to fine-tune measures; "
Supplement 12 to the fourth part of the paragraph after the words "to ensure" with the words "this law and article 2 objectives, including";
to complement the fourth part with point 13 and 14 by the following: ' 13) make an initial flood risk assessment and on the basis of its findings, identifies areas in which exist or could arise in flood risk as well as prepare flood hazard maps and flood risk maps for these territories;
14) on the basis of those parts listed in paragraph 13 cards, produce flood risk management plans, which include the river basin district management plans as an integral part thereof. ";
to make a fifth by the following: "(5) the National Environment Department monitors the implementation of programmes of measures and, subject to the Latvian environment, geology and Meteorology Agency's analysis and proposals, the law, review the procedure laid down in the authorisation conditions.";
to supplement the article with the sixth part the following:
"(6) the cabinet shall determine the initial flood risk assessment, the flood hazard maps, the flood risk maps and the flood risk management plan, the information to be given in content and form, as well as additional information to be included by restoring these documents."
7. Express article 10 by the following: ' article 10. International cooperation in the management of river basins and flood risk management (1) If a part of the river basin includes the territory of Latvia, of the other part, in the territory of a State which is a Member State of the European Union, the Ministry of the environment, to create and manage an international river basin district, shall cooperate with the competent national authorities.
(2) If created an international river basin district, the Latvian environment, geology and Meteorology Agency in Latvia, part of the river basin district management and in relation to Latvia under the international river basin district to exchange relevant information with the national competent authorities, through this law, article 9 of the fourth part points 13 and 14 of these tasks, and provide mutually agreed flood risk management plans.
(3) If a part of the river basin includes the territory of Latvia, of the other part, in the territory of a State which is not a Member State of the European Union, the Ministry of the environment cooperation agreement on environmental protection in the framework of the partnership with national competent authorities, to facilitate the attainment of the objectives of the law throughout the river basin. "
8. Replace article 11, first paragraph, point 5, the words "to maintain or improve" with the words "to improve or restore".
9. in article 12: put the name of the article as follows: "article 12. Exceptions to the environmental quality objectives and their fulfilment in time for individual ūdensobjekt ";
to supplement the article with the second, third and fourth subparagraph by the following: "(2) the statutory time-limit environmental quality objectives can be extended in certain ūdensobjekto if the ūdensobjekt State during this time, deterioration and if its condition is not improving this law, within the time limit set in one of the following reasons: 1) for technical reasons, the necessary level of improvement can be achieved in the longer term, than the deadline laid down in the law;
2 completion of the improvement costs) the statutory time limit is disproportionately high;
3) natural conditions do not allow for the improvement of the situation of the ūdensobjekt statutory deadline.
(3) the reasons for the extension of the management plan. The extension may not exceed 12 years, except where the natural conditions do not allow to achieve an environmental quality objectives.
(4) management plan, a brief description of any additional measures required and to the end of the extension to gradually achieve the desired ūdensobjekt position, as well as added measure execution time and in the event of non-compliance it outlines causes, which significantly hindered the implementation of these measures. Report on the implementation of those measures and a summary of the other measures included in the updated management plan. "
believe the current text of article about the first part.
10. Add to article 14 of the fourth paragraph by the words "and in their application, must provide at least the same level of environmental protection, which is determined by other legislation".
11. Supplement article 15 the second subparagraph with the following sentence: "the review, take into account the potential flood hazard maps and flood risk maps provide information."
12. in article 17: replace the words "in the first paragraph does not require the use of water resources" with the words "do not need legislation specific permissions ';
replace the introductory phrase of the second paragraph, the words "water and sanitation" with the words "water (water and sewer)";
to make the second part of paragraph 1 by the following: "1) that the natural and legal persons shall bear all the economic analyses based on water charges, as well as pay for the water resources and the damage suffered by them;"
13. Turn off the fourth paragraph of article 18, the word "district".
14. Add to article 19, first paragraph, second sentence, after the words "management plan" with the words "also flood risk management plan".
15. Express article 20, first paragraph, the first sentence as follows: "to achieve this statutory environmental quality objectives, the river basin district management plans shall include measures for the river basin district or within the territory of Latvia in international river basin district."
16. Supplement article 21 with 2.1 part as follows: "(21) in accordance with the requirements of the laws and the start-up or requires A or B category licence, regional environmental management of water use permit shall not be issued, but the underground or surface water resource usage limits and conditions specified in the authorisation of category (A) or (B)."
17. Make article 23, first subparagraph, the introductory paragraph as follows: "the Latvian environment, geology and Meteorology Agency provides an initial flood risk assessment, the flood hazard maps and flood risk management plans, as well as including the flood risk management plans available to the public after their development. Drafting, reviewing and updating management plans, it contributes to the company's assets will go to the implementation of this law in the tīšano to ensure that for each river basin district were published and released to the public, including users of water resources, the following information: ".
18. Article 24: replace the first paragraph, first sentence, the words "send management plan (plan a new version)" with the words "sent to the management plan, including flood risk management plan (this plan in new versions)";
Add to the second part of paragraph 3 with the following: "3) article 9 of this law the fourth part defined in point 13 in the preliminary flood risk assessment and flood hazard maps and flood risk maps, as well as relevant reports and the new version.";
replace the third paragraph, the words "after the management plan or a new version of the publication" with the words "after the management plan, including flood risk management plan, and that plan new versions".
19. Replace article 25, second paragraph, the words "the issue of permits for the use of water resources" with the words "the law permits certain transactions that are related to the use of water resources".
20. the transitional provisions be supplemented with 13, 14, 15 and 16 as follows: "Cabinet of Ministers 13 to 2011 December 30, article 5 of this law shall be issued the tenth part of the provisions referred to in point 8.
14. The Cabinet of Ministers to 26 2009 November issue this law, article 9 of the sixth part of these provisions.
15. Article 9 of this law, the fourth paragraph 13 referred to potential flood hazard maps and flood risk maps by the Latvian environment, geology and meteorology agency prepares to 22 December 2013.
16. Article 9 of this law, the fourth part referred to in paragraph 14 of the flood risk management plans to the Latvian environment, geology and Meteorology Agency prepared and published by 22 December 2015. "
21. Make the informative reference to European Union directives as follows: "Informative reference to European Union directives, the law includes provisions resulting from: 1) of the European Parliament and of the Council of 23 October 2000, Directive 2000/60/EC establishing a framework for Community action in the field of water policy;
2) of the European Parliament and of the Council of 15 February 2006, Directive 2006/7/EC concerning the management of bathing water quality and Directive 76/160/EEC;
3) of the European Parliament and of the Council of 12 December 2006, Directive 2006/118/EC on the protection of groundwater against pollution and deterioration;
4) of the European Parliament and of the Council of 23 October 2007 by Directive 2007/60/EC on the assessment and management of flood risks;
5) of the European Parliament and of the Council of 16 December 2008, Directive 2008/105/EC on environmental quality standards in the field of water policy, amending and subsequently repealing Council directives 82/176/EEC, 83/513/EEC, 84/156/EEC, 84/491/EEC, 86/280/EEC and amending Directive 2000/60/EC. '
The law adopted by the Parliament of 2009. on 23 April.
The President of the Parliament instead of the President g. Many Riga 13 May 2009. Editorial Note: the law shall enter into force on 27 May 2009.
Search Translated Laws of Latvia