Read the untranslated law here: https://www.vestnesis.lv/ta/id/192007
The Saeima has adopted and the President promulgated the following laws: the law on the amendments to the railway to make Railway Act (the Saeima of the Republic of Latvia and the Cabinet of Ministers rapporteur, 1998, no. 9; 1999, no. 5, 23; 2001, nr. 1; 2003, 6, 10, 23; 2004, nr. 8. No; 2005; 2006 21 no, no. 1; 2007, nr. 13, 15; 2008, nr. 15, 16) the following amendments: 1. Express article 27 fifth following : "(5) the Public-use railway infrastructure capacity shall not be split to public railway infrastructure manager, which also provide rail transport services, as well as in cases where the railway infrastructure manager is a dependent company of the group, but this group's dominant company (Corporation) is a rail transport service provider. In these cases, public-use railway infrastructure capacity allocation for the national railway administration. If the public-use railway infrastructure manager are located in the same group with the railway service provider, which is not the Group's dominant company (Corporation), railway infrastructure managers developed the power sharing plan will be approved in the national railway administration. "
2. Article 31: make the first part of paragraph 8 and 9 by the following: ' 8) informing the public service Regulatory Commission, the public use of the rail infrastructure and carrier dispute on the allocation of infrastructure capacity and access to public-use railway infrastructure on the network statement and criteria contained within it, as well as the discriminatory conditions, infrastructure and adopt both decisions binding on the parties;
9) monitor the rail freight transport market and within the limits of its competence promotes competition in the railway sector; ";
to supplement the first part with the 16 and 17 the following: "16) publish any decisions relating to market regulation;
17) shall exchange information about their work and decision-making principles and practice with other European Union Member States ' relevant authorities. ';
supplemented with the sentence of the third paragraph as follows: "the State Railway Administration decision on licences for rail freight conduct issues, the decision on the railway infrastructure (track), the decision on the registration of railway rolling stock, the decision on the allocation of public infrastructure capacity, as well as the decision on the dispute and the Elimination of discrimination against not suspend their operation."
3. Add to the third subparagraph of article 33 with the following paragraph 9: "9) to exchange information on their work and decision-making principles and practice with other European Union Member States ' relevant authorities."
4. Article 35: make the third paragraph as follows: "(3) a safety certificate part B national railway technical inspection shall be issued by the carrier which comply with the technical requirements in the field of operational and safety requirements in relation to staff, rolling stock and the internal organisation of the company and with a valid security certificate (A). ';
to supplement the article with a fifth by the following: "(5) the decision on the issuance of the security certificate, cancellation or suspension of the opposition and the appeal shall not suspend its activity."
5. Supplement article 35.1 with the third subparagraph by the following: "(3) the decision on the issuance of the security certificate, the cancellation or suspension of the operation of and challenge to the appeal shall not suspend its activity."
6. Article 37: Add to the second part of the sentence the following wording: "the decision on the issuance of the certificate of professional competence, extension or cancellation of opposition and appeal shall not suspend its activities.";
turn off third.
The Parliament adopted the law of 7 May 2009.
In place of the President of the parliamentary President G. Lot in Riga 19 May 2009 Editorial Note: the law shall enter into force on the 2 June 2009.
Search Translated Laws of Latvia