Read the untranslated law here: https://www.vestnesis.lv/ta/id/192086
The Saeima has adopted and the President promulgated the following laws: the amendments to the agricultural and rural development in the law to make agricultural and rural development Act (Republic of Latvia Saeima and the Cabinet of Ministers rapporteur, 2004, nr. 10; 2006, nr. 9, 3.23; 2007. no; 2008, 8 no) the following amendments: 1. Turn off the article 1 point 5 and 6.
2. in article 10: make the first paragraph by the following: "(1) agricultural land use change in the category according to the procedures laid down in laws and regulations.";
turn off 1.1.
3. Express article 11 by the following: ' article 11. Organic farming and integrated production of agricultural products (1) the control body functions of Council of 28 June 2007 Regulation (EC) No 834/2007 on organic production and labelling of organic products and repealing Regulation (EEC) No 2092/91 (hereinafter referred to as the Council Regulation No. 834/2007) and the Commission of 5 September 2008. Regulation (EC) No 889/2008 laying down detailed rules on organic production, labelling and control rules for the implementation of Council Regulation (EC) No 834/2007 on organic production and labelling of organic products (hereinafter referred to as Commission Regulation No 889/2008), out of the Cabinet of Ministers established the institution according to the laws of accredited metrology and accreditation agency in the country and which has been issued by the food and veterinary service certifying that they comply with Council Regulation No 834/2007. On the issue of the certificate of State fee payable.
(2) the organic farming control body decision regarding accession to the operator the organic farming control system adopted in the month following Commission Regulation No 889/2008 article 65, paragraph 3 of the control report.
(3) the cabinet shall determine: 1) organic monitoring and control procedures;
2) animals and derived products of which are not regulated directly applicable European Union legislation on organic farming;
3) integrated agricultural products growing, storage and labelling requirements, as well as control arrangements;
4) State fees, the payment order and permit relief on vegetative propagating material and seeds for use in organic farming, where this material and the seed is not obtained by the organic production method;
5) State fees and the procedures to be taken for issuing a permit for the use of food ingredients organic food processing, if these food ingredients are not obtained by the organic production method;
6) State fees and the procedures to be taken for the organic farming control body issuing the attestation of conformity. "
4. transitional provisions: exclude paragraph 15;
transitional provisions be supplemented with 17, 18, 19, 20 and 21 by the following: "17. Until the new Cabinet after the date of entry into force of the provisions, but not longer than until 1 July 2010 the Cabinet applicable for 2008 April 15 Regulation No 276" animal, wild plants and their products, which are not regulated by order of the European Union's directly applicable legislation on organic farming " in so far as they do not conflict with this Act.
18. Until the new cabinet from the date of entry into force of the provisions, but no longer than up to 2010 July 1, apply to the Cabinet of Ministers of 2 June 2008. Regulation No 401 of the "integrated agricultural products growing, storage and labelling requirements, as well as control procedures", to the extent they do not conflict with this Act.
19. the amended article 10 of this law in the first part of agricultural land use change in category and article 1 of this law, paragraph 6 and article 10 removal of part 1 shall enter into force on July 1, 2009.
20. Until 1 July 2009. support the submissions submitted on agricultural land transformation in the authorization or permission of the transformation of the extension raised in accordance with those laws, which were in force on the date of their submission. The person who received the transformation of agricultural land permit, subject to the national real estate cadastre Act and other laws and procedures, pursuing the activities of land use categories.
21. Article 11 of this law of part 4, 5 and 6 shall enter into force on 1 December 2009. "
The Parliament adopted the law in 2009 on April 30.
In place of the President of the parliamentary President G. Lot in Riga 20 May 2009 an editorial added: the law shall enter into force on the 3 June 2009.
Search Translated Laws of Latvia