Read the untranslated law here: https://www.vestnesis.lv/ta/id/192082
The Saeima has adopted and the President promulgated the following laws: the amendments to the law "on judicial power" to make the law "on judicial power" (the Republic of Latvia Supreme Council and Government Informant, 1993, no 1; The Saeima of the Republic of Latvia and the Cabinet of Ministers rapporteur, 1994, nr. 1, 13; in 1995, 10, 22 No.; 1996, nr. 3, 13; 1997, 5, no. 21; in 1998, nr. 22, 23; 1999, no. 23; 2001, 24 no; 2002, no. 23; 2003, no. 14; 2004, no. 2; 2005, 8, 20 no; in 2006, 7, 24 no; 2007, nr. 24; 2008, 10, 24 no; 2009, no. 2) the following amendments: 1. Turn off the article 26.
2. in article 17.6: replace the first paragraph, the words "the time limits laid down in this article is" with the words "in the second, the third and fourth periods";
to supplement the first sentence with the following: "After the second, third and fourth parts of the expiry of the time-limits laid down in the relevant files are available as limited availability information.";
replace the second paragraph, the words "and information 20 years" with the words "the information, and the number after 20 years";
in the fourth paragraph, replace the words "information and 75 years" with the words "the information, and the number after 75 years".
3. Make the article 29 the third paragraph as follows: "(3) the district (municipal) courts and the courthouse area shall be determined by the Cabinet of Ministers."
4. in article 33.1: Supplement to the second part of the article as follows: "(2) the Deputy President of the Court of Justice may also be at the courthouse's Chairman.";
believe the current text of article about the first part.
5. To supplement the law with article 33.2 of the following: ' article 33.2. District (municipal) Court House (1) District (City) Court House of the judge of the Court may be appointed from amongst the House Judiciary Chairman. District (municipal) courts shall be appointed by the President of the Court House and released from the post of this law, article 33, second paragraph.
(2) the district (City) Court in the Court House to the President after the President's proposal, which is consistent with the administration of Justice, the Minister of Justice may determine the premium on the base salary 5 percent.
(3) if the district (City) Court House Chairman is also Vice-President of the Court, the premium provided for in this article is not determined. "
6. Supplement article 35 the third part as follows: "(3) the District Court may be unit-District Court House, which housed the District Court of the territory concerned. District Court House area are determined by the Cabinet of Ministers. "
7. Article 37: make the first paragraph by the following: "(1) the District Court as the Court of first instance, the criminal law criminal cases are heard on a collegial basis.";
Add to article 2.1 part as follows: "(21) Administrative District Court as the Court of first instance administrative cases are heard by three judges."
8. Supplement article 41, first subparagraph, after the words "the President of the College of Justice" the words "or District Court House of the President".
9. To supplement the law with article 41.1 the following: ' article 41.1. District Court House (1) the District Court House of the District Court judges can be appointed from amongst District Court House. District Court House of the President shall be appointed and relieved of the post of this law, article 33, second paragraph.
(2) the District Court House to the President after a proposal from the President of the District Court, which agreed with the administration of Justice, the Minister of Justice may determine the premium on the base salary 5 percent.
(3) if the District Court House, the President is also the President of the Court of Justice or the Court of Justice, Deputy President of the College, the premium provided for in this article is not determined. "
10. Express article 47 in the third part as follows: "(3) the Senate shall consist of the President of the Supreme Court, Senate Chairman of the Department and senator (Senate judges)."
11. Article 49: make the first paragraph by the following: "(1) full Court is the Supreme Court judges to the general meeting."
to supplement the article with the fifth and sixth the following: "(5) full Court the Constitutional Court in cases stipulated by law appoint Constitutional Court judges candidates of judges of the Republic of Latvia.
(6) the plenary shall elect a member of the Central Electoral Commission of judges. "
12. Article 50: make the second paragraph as follows: "(2) the President of the Supreme Court headed by the Supreme Court plenary meetings, and he has the right to participate in the proceedings of the Senate.";
to make a fifth by the following: "(5) the Chief Justice of the Supreme Court shall be convened by the Chairman of the Department of the Senate hearing, where the judge or the Court shall settle the matter submitted for exposure, with voting rights, participating in meetings and they run."
13. Replace article 53 in the first paragraph, the word "third" with the word "fourth".
14. Replace article 54, first paragraph, the word "other" with the word "third".
15. Express article 55 paragraph 4 by the following: ' 4) to which prosecuted; ".
16. the express article 60, the second paragraph as follows: "(2) after three years of service in Office District (City) Court judge after the Saeima a proposal of the Minister of Justice, on the basis of the qualifications of the judges opinion, approves the post without term limit or appointed again for up to two years. These time limits will not be counted in the time when a judge in pregnancy and maternity leave, as well as parental leave. After the expiry of the term of Office of district (City) Court judge after the Saeima a proposal of the Minister of Justice approves the post without term limit. "
17. Article 98 of the Present fifth and sixth the following: "(5) The judge of the District Court judge may work with the fourth, third, second or first class qualification.
(6) a superior court judge can work the judge with a third, second or first class qualification. "
18. Make 107. the second paragraph of article 1 in the following wording: "1) issue internal regulations of district (municipal) courts, regional courts and land registry departments of administrative organisations;".
19. in the second subparagraph of article 107.1: turn off paragraph 1;
make paragraph 5 by the following: "5) preparing documents and arrangements involving the appointment and approval of judges, as well as their dismissal, release and removal from Office."
Add to part with point 5.1 by the following: "51) issue or prepare (if detectable replacement of judges article 74 of this law in this case) orders for judges to leave, missions and training;"
Replace paragraph 8, the words "leave, and missions" with the words "leave, missions and training".
20. in article 120.1: put the name of the article as follows: "article 120.1. The land registry, the land registry Department judges the Chief and Deputy Chief of the monthly salary to supplement the article with "the third subparagraph by the following:" (3) the land registry Department of the Deputy Head of the monthly salary is about 10 percent higher than that of land registry Department judges the monthly salary. "
21. To supplement the law with article 121.1 of the following: ' article 121.1. Consideration for operational acceptance of the measures of the operational activities of the law article 7 provided for in the fourth paragraph in particular in operational activities and measures of the law of credit institutions, article 63, first paragraph, points 6 and 7 of the credit institutions provided for in the undisclosed message request acceptance of Supreme Court President or his particular authorised High Court judges receive compensation within three percent of this law, the first paragraph of article 119.1 in the judge's salary for one on-call days. "
22. transitional provisions be supplemented with 21 and 22 the following: "21. Amended article 29 of this law, in the third paragraph, and article 35 in the third paragraph, which gives the Cabinet the right to determine the district (municipal) courts and the Court House, as well as of the regional courthouse area, shall enter into force on July 1, 2009.
22. The Cabinet of Ministers until July 1, 2009 does this law article 29 and the third paragraph of article 35 in the third paragraph, the Cabinet of Ministers laid down rules to determine the district (municipal) courts and the Court House, as well as of the regional courthouse area. Until the date of entry into force of the provisions, but not longer than until 1 September 2009. the applicable Cabinet of 16 December 2008 rule no. 1058 "rules for the regional administrative court, the Administrative Court and the District Court, the city of Riga, the Riga District Court actions and Sigulda areas", in so far as they do not conflict with this Act. "
The Parliament adopted the law in 2009 on April 30.
In place of the President of the parliamentary President G. Lot in Riga 20 May 2009 an editorial added: the law shall enter into force on the 3 June 2009.
Search Translated Laws of Latvia