Read the untranslated law here: https://www.vestnesis.lv/ta/id/192451
The Saeima has adopted and the President promulgated the following laws: amended Railway Act to make the Railway Act (the Saeima of the Republic of Latvia and the Cabinet of Ministers rapporteur, 2001, nr. 3; 2002, 9. No; 2006, nr. 1; 2007, no. 15) the following amendments: 1. Express article 4 by the following: "article 4. International rail passengers and the carriage of baggage (1) international rail passengers and the carriage of baggage in accordance with international agreements binding on the Republic of Latvia.
(2) the European Parliament and of the Council of 23 October 2007, Regulation (EC) no 1371/2007 on rail passengers ' rights and obligations until 2014-December 3, does not apply to international rail transport of passengers and baggage, performed between stations situated in Latvia and third country. "
2. Put the following text of article 5.1: "Cabinet of Ministers issued to military personnel and military cargo to railway rules determine: 1) special requirements for completion of the packing slip and accompanying information must be given on military trades;
2) security measures, militaries and military moving freight by rail;
3) order in which the military organize technical strengthening and loading, unloading. "
3. To make the third part of article 49, paragraph 1 of the following: "1) provide dangerous goods for loading, transporting and unloading of hazardous equipment used for registration, as well as how to use them according to the laws and regulations on technical supervision of dangerous equipment;".
4. transitional provisions: to make paragraph 3 by the following: "3. The Cabinet of Ministers until 2009 December 31 issued this law referred to in article 5.1 of military personnel and military cargo to railway rules.";
Replace in paragraph 4, the words "and the amendments to this law, in article 4, title and introductory paragraph" with the words "this Act".
The Parliament adopted the law of 7 May 2009.
President Valdis Zatlers in Riga V 2009 may 27 Editorial Note: the law shall enter into force 10 June 2009.
Search Translated Laws of Latvia