Read the untranslated law here: https://www.vestnesis.lv/ta/id/192449
The Saeima has adopted and the President promulgated the following laws: the amendments to the social services and social assistance law to make social services and social assistance Act (the Saeima of the Republic of Latvia and the Cabinet of Ministers rapporteur, 2002, nr. 23; 2003; 2004, nr. 2, 14., 18., 2005, no; no 2; 2006, no. 13; 2007, 12, 15 No 3 no; 2008) follows: 1. To supplement article 1 to 31 and 32 as follows : "working-age 31) — personal life aged 15 years to State old-age pension age required for;
32) karitatīv social work: social work analogous to work where the goal is to help individuals, families, groups or society as a whole to recover the ability to function socially and mentally. "
2. Article 2 shall be supplemented by the words "social work" with the words "karitatīv" in social work.
3. To make article 6 paragraph 7 as follows: "7) turn with application for social services provided by the unsatisfactory quality and customer's non-compliance with the law."
4. Supplement article 7 paragraph 6 by the following: "6) allow social work officer followed up, if a social service or social assistance associated with the customer's material resources."
5. Make the third paragraph of article 9 of the second sentence as follows: "if necessary, the person who is homeless, with naktspatversm or shelter, information and consultation, as well as one-time material assistance provided by the municipality in whose territory that person is."
6. Express article 11 paragraph 4 by the following: ' 4) to determine the obligations of the customer interaction, in agreement with him on the measures to be taken; "
7. Express article 12, first paragraph, point 2 as follows: "2) to inform the person who requested the social services or social assistance, and the decision taken in the event of refusal to State in writing the reasons for the refusal, as well as the time-limits for appeals against decisions and order;".
8. Article 13: to supplement the first part with a 3.1 point as follows: "31) of violence to the person of the minor social rehabilitation services. Social rehabilitation services, scope, content, services, conditions and procedure established by the Cabinet of Ministers; "
to supplement the first part of paragraph 11 with the following: "11) violence made people social rehabilitation services. Social rehabilitation services, scope, content, services, conditions and procedure established by the Cabinet of Ministers. "
to make the second, 2.1 and 2.2 in part as follows: "(2) the State can create a social care and social rehabilitation institutions or enter into contracts with other social service providers, the first part of this article 1, 4, 6, 7, 8 and 9 of the State provided for in paragraph duties.
(21) in order to ensure that this article is provided for in the first subparagraph shall state the duties, set out in paragraph 2, provided the blind society of Latvia and the Latvian Union of the deaf; they laid down in paragraph 3, provided Latvian children's Fund; they laid down in paragraph 5 assistive technology — tiflotehnik and surdotehnik — supports the Latvian society of the blind and the deaf of Latvia.
(22) in order to ensure that this article is provided for in the first subparagraph shall state the duties, set out in paragraph 5 assistive technology of State limited liability company "national rehabilitation center" in Vaivara "". ";
Supplement to the article 2.3 and 2.4 part as follows: "(23) in implementing this article 2.1 and 2.2 of the obligations provided for in part, Latvian Association of the blind, the deaf, the Union of Latvia, Latvian children's Fund, and the State limited liability company" national rehabilitation center "in Vaivara" is in the functional supervision of the Ministry of Welfare, the State budget provides the rational utilization and control administration expenses use up more than 10 percent of the services assigned to the national budget. This obligation to ensure compliance of organisations is eligible to issue administrative acts.
(24) the cabinet shall determine the 2.1 and 2.2 of the obligations provided for in the conditions of implementation and procedures. "
9. in article 13.1: replace the numbers in the first paragraph and the words "1, 2, 3, 4, 6, 7 and 8 set out in service" and the words "with numbers 1, 2, 3, 3.1, 4, 6, 7, 8 and 11 above services";
to complement the second paragraph after the word "contributions" with the words "or making coverage".
10. To make article 14 the following: ' article 14. Ministry of welfare tasks are tasks of the Ministry of welfare and social services in the field of social assistance are the following: 1) develop a national policy for social services and social assistance, as well as organize and coordinate its implementation;
2) organize this law 9.1 and referred to in article 13 of the social services the national budget administration;
3) to coordinate national social care and social rehabilitation services, with the exception of this law 15.1 of the first paragraph of article 3 set out in the social rehabilitation service;
4) monitor implementation of this law, to control social services of regulatory compliance laws, as well as the quality of social services and social services in compliance with the requirements of the laws and the administrative punishment of social service providers about infringements. "
11. Turn off the article 15.
12. Replace the first subparagraph of article 15.1 in paragraph 3, the words "vocational rehabilitation" by the words "professional and social rehabilitation".
13. Supplement article 17, third paragraph, after the words "which are" with the words "second level professional higher or academic".
14. Express 17.1 article as follows: "17.1 pants. Administrative provisions and the actual conduct of the opposition and appeal (1) the direct administration, public corporations or in article 13 of this law in part 2.2 persons as social service providers succeed in administrative or actual action can challenge the Ministry of Welfare, but its decisions are subject to judicial review, if the law or the Cabinet of Ministers rules otherwise.
(2) the Government and the institution as a social service or a social assistance providers succeed administrative or actual action may be challenged according to the law "on local governments".
(3) officials of the Ministry of welfare issued administrative act or actual action can be a challenge in addressing the Welfare Ministry Secretary of State, but his decisions are subject to judicial review.
(4) the decision of the Ministry of welfare as a social service provider, exclusion from social service provider registry, Ministry of welfare or social service provider's decision on the termination of the provision of social services or termination, as well as local government decision on social assistance the suspension or termination of the opposition or appeal shall not suspend the operation of the decision, unless this is stopped with the Authority's decision, in which the decision is contested. "
15. Supplement article 25 with the fourth paragraph as follows: "(4) in the first subparagraph of this article specific persons with technical AIDS, except tiflotehnik and surdotehnik, provide a public limited liability company" national rehabilitation center "" "Vaivara: 1) organizes the technical AIDS in the delivery system, taking into account the principle of territoriality, and manage administrative provisions on technical AIDS for the granting of certain persons;
2) determines the technical AIDS services and contracts for the manufacture of technical equipment, supplies and services;
3) provides the national budget allocated to the rational utilization and control of this expenditure;
4) organises the creation and maintenance of a database on line technical equipment and technical AIDS to users.
5) inform the public about the receipt of the technical AIDS. "
16. To supplement article 26, first paragraph with the sentence as follows: "to receive publicly funded vocational rehabilitation services, the person turns to the relevant service provider. The vocational rehabilitation service provider shall take a decision on the grant or refusal of services assign services. "
17. Article 29: replace the title, the words "persons residing in the institutions" with the words "client" of the institutions;
replace the first and second parts of the introductory part, the words "a person living in an institution" with the words "institutions of clients";
replace the second paragraph 1, 2 and 3, the number "15" with the number "10";
Add to paragraph 3, the second subparagraph with the following sentence: "for the good and the excellent one in public life and education authorities or long-term social care institutions can also have a higher amount of money."
18. Add to article 31 of the fourth subparagraph by the following:
"(4) pensions, allowances to pensions and State benefits customers, subject to this Act, article 29 paragraph 1, second subparagraph, provides long-term social care and social rehabilitation institutions, which account for State social insurance agency, on the basis of the customer's application, the pension premium paid at retirement, or public benefits."
19. Article 36: turn off the second part of the first sentence;
to complement the second paragraph after the words "to ensure" a level "and the order in which those in agreement on cooperation";
turn off third.
20. Supplement article 42 following the words "vocational secondary education" with the words "social care".
21. the express article 45 as follows: "article 45. Social worker and social worker in karitatīv professional tasks (1) social worker and social worker in karitatīv professional activity is intended to achieve and promote the social problems of the individual practical solutions and his quality of life, social inclusion, able to help himself.
(2) a social worker and the social worker at the karitatīv circumstances of evaluation: 1) gives a person help and support in solving social problems;
2) helps a person develop the capacity to address the personal, interpersonal and social problems;
3) supports the personal development opportunities, as well as the right to independently make decisions and implement them;
4) attracts the socio-economic resources and social services concerned individuals or groups of individuals to solve social problems;
5) provides information about social services and create contacts between social service recipients and providers.
(3) the tasks referred to in this article, the social workers and the social karitatīv employees comply with the code of ethics for social workers, the Latvian professional social and care workers Association. "
22. transitional provisions: turn off paragraph 16;
transitional provisions be supplemented with 16.1, 17, 18, 19 and 20 the following: "16.1 this law, article 13, second paragraph, of the new version 2.1 and 2.4 part shall enter into force on January 1, 2010.
17. This law, in article 13, first paragraph, point 3.1 and article 13, first paragraph, point 11 shall enter into force on January 1, 2011.
18. Article 13 of this law and part of the 2.2 2.3 and article 25 the fourth part shall enter into force on 1 September 2009. Until august 31, 2009. we do not apply this law 2.2 part 18 December 2008 Edition.
19. the assets of the State agencies ' technical AIDS Centre "rights, obligations, assets, including records and archives, takes the State limited liability company" national rehabilitation center "" "Vaivara.
20. During the period from 1 September 2009 until 31 December 2009, the State limited liability company "national rehabilitation center" "" provides the Vaivara persons also with tiflotehnik and surdotehnik. "
The law shall enter into force on July 1, 2009.
The Parliament adopted the law of 7 May 2009.
President Valdis Zatlers in Riga V 2009 may 27 Editorial Note: the law shall enter into force by 1 July 2009.
Search Translated Laws of Latvia