Read the untranslated law here: https://www.vestnesis.lv/ta/id/193011
The Saeima has adopted and the President promulgated the following laws: the law of births, deaths and marriages do of births, deaths and marriages Act (Republic of Latvia Saeima and the Cabinet of Ministers rapporteur, 2005, nr. 8; 2006, nr. 12) the following amendments: 1. in article 2: make the third paragraph as follows: "(3) the vital statistics office to establish a Republican town or district municipalities. Vital statistics office operations department is the Republican town or district administrative territory, except for the part referred to in 3.1 of this article. ";
Add to article 3.1 part as follows: "(31) after consulting the authorities of the Minister of Justice of the Republic in one city or County may create more vital statistics office or several municipalities — common vital statistics office. In such cases, the determination of each civil registry department operations department. "
2. Supplement article 3 with a fifth by the following: "(5) the Republican town or district municipality may ask the vital statistics office to carry out the duties of the head of one of the municipal employees who meet the requirements of the second subparagraph."
3. Turn off the article 19, paragraph 1, the words "(municipality, County, City)".
4. Supplement article 22 with the fifth subparagraph by the following: "(5) the vital statistics office can register a child's birth also the medical institution providing maternity assistance."
5. Replace article 31, second paragraph, the words "registered the birth of children" with the words "the facts stored in the child's birth registry".
6. transitional provisions: off 4. and (5);
Add to transitional provisions paragraph 6 by the following: "6. the vital statistics office of the province, but no longer than up to 2010 December 30, work continues in the parish and city vital statistics office."
The law shall enter into force on July 1, 2009.
The Parliament adopted the law of 21 May 2009.
President Valdis Zatlers in Riga 2009 g. on 9 June, the Editorial Note: the law shall enter into force by 1 July 2009.
Search Translated Laws of Latvia