Read the untranslated law here: https://www.vestnesis.lv/ta/id/193114
The Saeima has adopted and the President promulgated the following laws: the law on the family courts to make family courts Act (Republic of Latvia Saeima and the Cabinet of Ministers rapporteur, 2006, no. 15, no. 3; 2007; 2009, no. 2) amendments are as follows: 1. Turn off the second part of article 3, article 5, article 8, in the first paragraph of article 9, first paragraph, the third subparagraph of article 10, article 13, second paragraph of article 79, 91 and 95 in the article the word "(the Council)" (fold).
2. Express article 2 by the following: ' article 2. The establishment of family courts and family courts of operating (1) is discharged or Republican municipal guardianship and Trusteeship are established.
(2) in counties in which there are no territorial, County and County peine cities of civil law in family courts in the cases specified in the help, the inheritance shall ensure that heritage protection as well as do receipts and other article 61 of this law tasks specified in if these counties, the County and County peine city do not have a notary public.
(3) the family courts area is the county or city in the administrative territory of the Republic, except for the fifth subparagraph of this article, in these cases.
(4) in determining the number of family courts and family courts of each of the relevant municipal Council, ensures that all relevant municipal administrative territory residents family courts would be as easily available. Family courts provide all the activities of the district peine and district towns.
(5) in the same country or city of the Republic can create more family courts or more local — joint family courts. In such cases, family courts determined in each area.
(6) information on the creation of family courts and its territory, as well as the family courts area changes the municipality publishes the newspaper "journal".
(7) the name of the family courts, family courts activities concerned administrative area name, adding the word "family courts".
(8) if the administrative borders of the municipality there are a number of family courts, family courts shall also include the name of the name of the locality in which the fosters. "
3. To make article 3 first paragraph as follows: "(1) the financial resources for the operation of the family courts granted the Municipal Council."
4. in article 6: turn off the first paragraph 1 and in paragraph 2, the word "seal";
Add to article 1.1 part as follows: "(11) the family courts may be more in the seal referred to in the first subparagraph."
5. To make article 7 by the following: ' article 7. Composition of the family courts (1) of the family courts shall consist of the Chairman of the family courts and family courts of at least three members.
(2) the members of the family courts in family courts, the number of the elected members of the Municipal Council according to the municipal administrative territory of the population declared to fully ensure the child and other competent persons, the protection of the rights and interests.
(3) the family courts may be a Vice-Chairman of the family courts. "
6. To express the text of article 12 as follows: "(1) the Chairman of the family courts, family courts, or Vice-President of a member of the family courts released from Office: 1) after his election;
2) of article 9 of this law laid down in the first subparagraph for the expiry review, if he is elected again;
3) if the municipality shall take a decision on the abolition of the family courts;
4) due to the post.
(2) a member of the family courts released from Office due to the reduction of the number of members of the family courts.
(3) If the Chairman of the family courts and family courts of the relieve from Office in accordance with the first subparagraph of point 3 and 4 or as a member of the family courts released from Office in accordance with paragraph 3 and the first subparagraph of paragraph 4, or the second part, the person concerned about the release of brīdinām in writing at least one month in advance. "
7. Supplement article 15 after "local authorities" with the words "Council Chairman, his Deputy or deputies."
8. Replace article 17, paragraph 4, the words "social services and the police authorities" with the words "social services, the police authorities and the national probation service".
9. Supplement article 46 with point 7 by the following: ' 7) this law, article 12, first paragraph article 13 and 14 of the cases handed things the newly elected fosters family courts or to the President of the Council authorized official. "
10. Express article 60, the second paragraph as follows: "(2) the Chairman of the family courts to order may ask a Deputy Chairman of the family courts and family courts for members to make statements and to perform other article 61 of this law in these tasks."
11. Supplement article 61 the third paragraph after the first sentence with the following sentence: "the district peine and the district family courts in cities creates a separate receipt and other transaction records, the name indicating the name of the family courts and the district or municipality concerned parish city."
12. Supplement article 66 in the fifth with the sentence the following wording: "the district peine and district cities led some family courts will books, their name, the name of the family courts and the district or municipality concerned parish city."
13. To supplement the law with article 93.1 as follows: "article 93.1. Severance pay If family courts and family courts the President of the Deputy Chairman shall be released from Office in accordance with this law, article 12, first paragraph, point 3 and 4 or as a member of the family courts, in accordance with this law, article 12, first paragraph, point 3 and 4, or the second part, the person concerned shall benefit payable monthly salary. "
14. transitional provisions be supplemented with point 7 by the following: ' 7. To one or more of the establishment of family courts in the County, but no longer than up to 2010 and 30 September 2004, the action continues in the parish and the city's family courts, within their competence and area. "
The law shall enter into force on July 1, 2009.
The Parliament adopted the law of 21 May 2009.
President Valdis Zatlers in Riga V 10 June 2009 Editorial Note: the law shall enter into force by 1 July 2009.
Search Translated Laws of Latvia