Read the untranslated law here: https://www.vestnesis.lv/ta/id/193113
The Saeima has adopted and the President promulgated the following laws: law on the public prosecutor's Office to make the prosecution Act (Republic of Latvia Saeima and the Cabinet of Ministers rapporteur, 1994, no. 12; 1996, 5, 13 no, 9, 23; 1998. no; 2000, No 14; 2002, 13, 22 no; 2003; 2005, 15 no no 14; 2007, 10 no, no 16; 2008; 2009, 3. no) the following amendments: 1. Express article 2, paragraphs 1 and 2 by the following : "1) supervise the pre-trial investigation and operational activities, the national security authorities of the intelligence and Counterintelligence and State secrets protection system in compliance with the law;
2) pre-trial investigation; ".
2. Express article 12 and 13 by the following: ' article 12. During the pre-trial investigation and operations, intelligence, and Counterintelligence surveillance of the process the Prosecutor supervises the pre-trial investigation and operational activities, the national security authorities of the intelligence and Counterintelligence and State secrets protection system in compliance with the law.
13. article. The powers of the public prosecutor before the courts, the public prosecutor initiated and conducted the prosecution. In exceptional cases the public prosecutor of the criminal law in the investigation. "
3. Make the second subparagraph of article 17 (4) of the following: "4) launch criminal proceedings;"
4. Supplement article 39 paragraph 5 by the following: "5) due to the prosecution authorities or public prosecutor or a Prosecutor of the winding number, if it is not possible in the case of the Prosecutor to appoint another Prosecutor or a public prosecutor does not agree to such a designation."
5. To turn off the second subparagraph of article 56(1).
6. turn off article 57.
The Parliament adopted the law of 21 May 2009.
President Valdis Zatlers in Riga V 10 June 2009 Editorial Note: the law shall enter into force on the 24th June 2009.
Search Translated Laws of Latvia