Read the untranslated law here: https://www.vestnesis.lv/ta/id/193385
The Saeima has adopted and the President promulgated the following laws: the law on amendments to the civil code to make the following amendments: 1. Replace article 169 in the sixth paragraph, the words "with the children and family affairs" with the words "by the Minister".
2. Make the following article 1537: "1537. If a contract is made between the absent, then it is considered concluded from the moment the proposal the offeror has reached the recipient's unconditional acceptance of the proposal. "
3. Express article 1668 by the following: "1668. If the other party accepts without argument missed performances, then it does not deprive the right to later nominate other delay-related claims, if one of the following next to her claims not abandoned. "
4. To supplement the law with article 1724.1 by the following: "1724.1 penalty may be asked to reduce the sufferer requested penalties of up to a reasonable extent if it is excessive compared to the non-execution or improper execution or for damage caused in the light of other circumstances. If the parties agreed that the penalty payment in this fine release from the sufferer percent and fruit from his due, as well as damages, then reduce the amount of the fine may not be less than the other parties for the damage done. "
5. Express article following in 1776: "1776. Victim loss prevention measures must be taken which are reasonable in the circumstances.
The law may require the person sustaining damage recoverable damage reduction to the extent that the victim, subject to due diligence (1646. p.), could prevent losses, except where the delict committed evil purpose.
The victim has the right to claim their damages, from which it has not been possible to avoid by doing the first part of these measures. "
6. To supplement the law with article 1779.1 by the following: "loss of the wrongdoer pay the 1779.1 losses to the extent that could reasonably be foreseen at the time of the conclusion of the transaction as the expected consequences of failure to comply, unless the execution has not been evil intent or serious negligence."
The Parliament adopted the law of 4 June 2009.
President Valdis Zatlers in Riga V 2009 June 17 Editorial Note: the law shall enter into force by 1 July 2009.
Search Translated Laws of Latvia