Read the untranslated law here: https://www.vestnesis.lv/ta/id/193584
The Saeima has adopted and the President promulgated the following laws: amended individual data protection Act do for individuals in the data protection Act (the Saeima of the Republic of Latvia and the Cabinet of Ministers rapporteur, 2000, no. 9; 2002, 23; 2007, nr. 3, 8. no; 2008, 7 no) the following amendments: 1. in article 16: replace the first part of the word "obtained" by the word "prepared";
to supplement the article with the third part as follows: "(3) the data subject has the right to a month from the date of submission of the request to receive a reasoned reply in writing to the webmaster for review."
2. Make the text of article 20 as follows: "If the administrator does not comply with the obligations laid down in this law, the data subject shall have the right to challenge the data State Inspectorate responsible for the refusal to supply this law, the information referred to in article 15 of this law, or perform the activity referred to in article 16, adding the documents showing that the administrator refuse to comply or does not comply with the obligations laid down by law."
3. in article 21: the second part of the supplemented with points 7 and 8 as follows: "7) if personal data are processed in accordance with this law, article 7(1), (2) or article 13.1;
8) by scientific, statistical, and genealogical research purposes. ';
to supplement the article with the third part as follows: "(3) in the second paragraph of this article, these exceptions do not apply, if: 1) the personal data intended to be supplied to a country of the European Union or the European economic area;
2) personal data shall be processed in connection with the provision of financial services, the market or public opinion research, the selection of staff or staff assessment as business lines, draw or lottery;
3) information about the health of a person;
4) processing of personal data applies to offences, convictions of criminal and administrative offences. "
4. Turn off the fourth paragraph of article 21.1 the second sentence.
5. Turn off the first part of article 21.2 of the second sentence.
6. in article 26: Add to the second part of the sentence as follows: "the requirements of the audit opinion is determined by the Cabinet of Ministers."
turn off third and fourth.
7. Turn off the article 29 paragraph 6 of part three.
8. transitional provisions be supplemented with point 7 by the following: "7. the data State Inspectorate of 2010 December 31, excluded from the register of the processing of personal data in the register of the personal data processing of the registration of which the law provides."
The law shall enter into force on July 1, 2009.
The Parliament adopted the law of 12 June 2009.
President Valdis Zatlers in Riga V June 19, 2009, an editorial added: the law shall enter into force by 1 July 2009.
Search Translated Laws of Latvia