Read the untranslated law here: https://www.vestnesis.lv/ta/id/193695
The Saeima has adopted and the President promulgated the following laws: the law on amendments to the tourism draw of the tourism law (Republic of Latvia Saeima and the Cabinet of Ministers rapporteur, 1998, no. 21; 1999, no. 22; 2002; 2003, 4, no, 6.nr; 2006, 7 no) the following amendments: 1. Express article 7 by the following: ' article 7. Tourism development competence of national tourism development agency: 1) provides the Latvian tourism development policy;
2) implemented in Latvia and abroad tourism promotion measures;
3) introduce public-private partnership in tourism development projects;
4) mobilise funds for the development of tourism;
5) create and maintain a Latvian tourist information systems;
6) can form abroad and in Latvia the tourism information Office, which is the National Agency for development of tourism departments;
7) participate in transnational cooperation in the implementation of the agreement in the field of tourism;
8), on the local and international tourism market research;
9) cabinet order set out the implementation of quality management in the tourism sector, tourism and its related service providers, as well as conformity assessment operators. "
2. To make the fifth article 11 the following: "(5) the cabinet shall determine the package service of preparation and realization of the order, the customer information, package service provider and the customer's rights and obligations, travel agency and tour operator in order to travel agencies and tour operators database, as well as institutions that create and maintain travel agency and tour operator database."
The law shall enter into force on July 1, 2009.
The Parliament adopted the law of 12 June 2009.
President Valdis Zatlers in Riga V. 26 June 2009 Editorial Note: the law shall enter into force by 1 July 2009.
Search Translated Laws of Latvia