Read the untranslated law here: https://www.vestnesis.lv/ta/id/193693
The Saeima has adopted and the President promulgated the following laws: the law of protection of the environment in the Environmental Protection Act (Republic of Latvia Saeima and the Cabinet of Ministers rapporteur, 2006, 24 no; 2007, 15. no; 2008, 7, nr. 24) the following amendments: 1. Express article 10 sixth as follows: "(6) the public limited liability company" Latvian environment, geology and Meteorology Centre "(hereinafter referred to as the Centre) at least once every four years to prepare and publish a national report on the State of the environment , including information about the quality of the environment and the load on the environment. the publication of the Report in between information regularly. The report, as well as the publication of the report in the intervals of aggregate information into the Ministry of the environment website on the internet. "
2. Replace article 16, second paragraph, the words "Latvian environment, geology and Meteorology Agency" with the word "Centre".
3. Express article 17 the fifth subparagraph by the following: "(5) the persons environment legislation established environmental monitoring carried out and which have national environmental service or other environmental regulations statutory authority public service licence or authorisation is entitled, informing the owner or the person in charge, to get into State, municipal and private property in the territory, to the extent necessary to perform environmental monitoring necessary for observations and measurements. National security and the protection of the territory and facilities, including prisons, may enter the appropriate legislation. "
4. Replace article 19, first paragraph, the words "specially protected natural areas" with the words "the administration of the environmental protection administration".
5. Article 20: replace the first paragraph, the words "specially protected natural areas of the Administration" with the words "Government of nature protection";
make the third paragraph as follows: "(3) the national environmental and nature protection management national environment officer decisions relating to State control, the environment can be a challenge for the Director-General of the national environmental services and environmental protection Administration Director-General. The Director-General of the State Department of environmental conservation and management decisions may be appealed to the Director-General to the Court. "
6. Replace article 34, first and second paragraph, the words "Latvian environment, geology and Meteorology Agency" (fold) with the word "Centre" (the fold).
7. Replace article 39 in the fourth paragraph, the words "Metrology and accreditation agency" with the words "limited liability company" standardization, accreditation and Metrology Centre ' ".
8. transitional provisions be supplemented by the following paragraph 13: "13. Amendment of article 10 of this law in the sixth paragraph, in the second paragraph of article 16, article 17, in the fifth subparagraph, and in article 34 on the change of the competent institution shall enter into force on august 1, 2009."
The law shall enter into force on July 1, 2009.
The Parliament adopted the law of 12 June 2009.
President Valdis Zatlers in Riga V. 26 June 2009 Editorial Note: the law shall enter into force by 1 July 2009.
Search Translated Laws of Latvia