Read the untranslated law here: https://www.vestnesis.lv/ta/id/193680
The Saeima has adopted and the President promulgated the following laws: the amendments to the law "on national and local government bodies and officials of employee remuneration in 2009" to make the law "on national and local government bodies and officials of employee remuneration in 2009" (Latvian Saeima and the Cabinet of Ministers rapporteur, 2009, no. 2) amendments are as follows: 1. To make article 4, first and second subparagraph by the following: "(1) State and local government bodies that the funds available for the payment of the remuneration shall be determined in accordance with the law "on the State budget for 2009," reduce officials (employees) of the amount of funding the costs of remuneration of not less than 15 percent of the total institution for the same purpose in funding originally approved.
(2) State and local government bodies, of which the cost of available financing to the remuneration shall be determined in accordance with the law "on the State budget for 2009" by amending or adopting the 2009 budget, the 2009 remuneration cost for the amount of the reduced funding, not less than 15 percent of the total institution for the same purpose in the originally approved amount of financing. "
2. in article 5: to express the second subparagraph of paragraph 1 and 2 as follows: "1) is not paid out in bonuses and prize money, there is no material stimulus;
2) are not paid leave benefit; ";
replace the third paragraph 1 and in paragraph 2, the words "(salary)" (fold) with the words "(monthly salary, salary)" (fold).
3. To make article 6 by the following: "article 6. The official (employee) requires premium of no more than 20 percent of these officials (employees) monthly salary (monthly base salary, wages) on the absent officials (employees) of the duty. Absent of an official (employee) can replace at no more than one officer (staff). "
4. in article 7: replace the first paragraph, the words "this Act and referred to in article 4, the total" with the words "the law" required;
Add to the first paragraph, after the word "review" with the words "part time";
replace the second paragraph, the words "and article 4 of this law, the total" with the words "the law" required.
5. Turn off the article 8.
6. To supplement the law with articles 10 and 11 by the following: ' article 10. (1) an official (employee) in the event of a reduction in the number of posts or officials in the case of conventional benefits save posts or stay at work are those officials (employees) that have better performance and higher qualifications.
(2) If an official (employee) work and qualifications are not significantly different, the advantage of keeping the post or stay at work are those officials (employees) that do not have another permanent source of income. If officials (employees) have no other permanent source of income, benefits, save posts or stay at work shall be determined in accordance with the labour law.
(3) a permanent source of income of this article within the meaning of the second paragraph is considered to: 1) or for the exercise of functions to another employer, if certain monthly salary (monthly salary, salary) is equal to the minimum monthly wage or higher and the order or contract work or the exercise of functions of the duration of more than three months;
2) old-age pension or retirement pension, if the person under the Act is entitled to such pension irrespective of whether this pension is received.
11. article. State and local officials and employees of the institutions for which the severance grant paid under article 112 of the labour law, severance pay payable amounting to: 1) 0.95 monthly average earnings if an official (employee) to the employers concerned had been employed less than five years;
2) one month's average earnings, if the official (employee) to the employer concerned has been employed for more than five years. "
The law shall enter into force on 29 June 2009.
The Parliament adopted the law of 12 June 2009.
President Valdis Zatlers in Riga V. 26 June 2009 Editorial Note: the law shall enter into force on 29 June 2009.
Search Translated Laws of Latvia