Read the untranslated law here: https://www.vestnesis.lv/ta/id/194078
The Saeima has adopted and the President promulgated the following laws: the amendments to the law "on enterprise income tax" to make the law "on enterprise income tax" (Latvian Saeima and the Cabinet of Ministers rapporteur, 1995, 7, 24 no; 1996, nr. 9, 15; 1997, no. 8, 24; 1998, nr. 8, 21; 1999, no. 6, 24; 2000, no. 9; 2001, 1, 5, 24 no; 2003; 2005, 15 No 2. 24. no; in 2006, no 1; 2007, 3, 12, no. 24; 2009, no. 1) the following amendments: 1. Add to article 6, the first subparagraph of paragraph 16 with the following: "16) on the amount of donations for which a suitable article 8.2 of this law in the tax relief, if the taxable person has violated article 8 tax relief provisions or application using the procedure laid down in article 8.2, hid taxable income."
2. To supplement the law with article 8.2 the following: ' article 8.2. Tax relief donors (1) residents and permanent representation shall be entitled to reduce the taxable income by an amount that is donated for public institutions, as well as in the Republic of Latvia registered associations, foundations and religious organizations or their institutions, which the public good status of the Organization in accordance with the Organization of the public good.
(2) the taxable income reduction in accordance with the provisions of this article shall not exceed 20 per cent of taxable income.
(3) the first paragraph of this article of the budget authority, the Republic of Latvia registered associations, foundations and religious organizations or public authorities that have been assigned public good status of the Organization in accordance with the public good of the Organization Act, no later than 31 March of the year of pēctaksācij to provide a public report on the donors, donor amounts and use of donations received in the tax year.
(4) the taxable income you can not reduce the taxable person to whom the second tax period the first of the month is tax debt over the previous tax period.
(5) assets or financial resources that a taxable person on the basis of the contract, without remuneration, shall be transmitted to the budgetary authority or the public good organization that assigned the public good status of the Organization in accordance with the public good organization law, the Constitution or statutes, Charter objectives, must be regarded as a donation for the purposes of this article, if the recipient is not set pretpienākum for action considered.
(6) tax relief under the first paragraph of this article shall not apply if at least one of the conditions mentioned in this paragraph: 1) donation target set in the donation recipient, contains a direct or indirect reference to a specific donated funds to the recipient that is associated with the donor company or affiliated person or employee, or by donating to the employee's family member;
2) donation recipient performs the remuneration practices that focus on the benefit to the donor, the donor related company or person donating a relative up to the third degree, or the spouse or ensure the interests of the donors who are not related to philanthropy. "
3. Turn off the article 20.
4. Article 23: replace the first subparagraph of paragraph 1, the number and the words "in article 20" with a number and a discount in the words "in article 8.2 tax relief";
replace the first subparagraph of paragraph 2, the number and the words "in article 20" with a number and a discount in the words "in article 8.2 tax relief";
Replace paragraph 1 of part 1.1 of the numbers and the words "18.1, 19 and 20 article tax discount" with numbers and words "18.1 and article 19 in certain tax breaks and 8.2 the tax relief provided for in article".
5. the transitional provisions be supplemented with 82, 83 and 84 as follows: "82. Taxable persons who up to 30 June 2009 the flower or the budgetary authority in the Republic of Latvia registered associations, foundations and religious organizations or institutions which have been granted the status of the organisation of the public good, is entitled to reduce the tax period, which begins in 2009, calculated tax on amounts annually in accordance with article 20 of this law that was in force until 30 June 2009, but total tax discount in accordance with the provisions of article 20 shall not exceed 10 percent of the total tax amount.
83. A taxable person who from July 1, 2009 until December 31, donate for public institutions or in the Republic of Latvia registered associations, foundations and religious organizations or institutions which have been granted the status of the organisation of the public good, is entitled to reduce the taxation period, beginning in 2009, the taxable income for amounts annually in accordance with this law, but article 8.2 total taxable income the reduction may not exceed 10 percent of taxable income.
84. the amended article 23 of this law, the first subparagraph of paragraph 1 and 2 and in point 1 of part 1.1 applicable to the calculation of the tax advance payments for the tax period, which begins in 2011. Calculation of advance payments for the tax period, which begins in 2010, according to this law, article 23, first paragraph, point 1 or 2 or 1.1. point calculations do not take into account, in accordance with article 20 of this law that was in force until 30 June 2009, the estimated tax credit for donations made up to 30 June 2009 and shall not be taken into account in accordance with article 8 of this law the tax relief on donations taken by 30 June 2009. "
The law shall enter into force on July 1, 2009.
The Parliament adopted the law of 16 June 2009.
President Valdis Zatlers in Riga V. 30 June 2009 Editorial Note: the law shall enter into force by 1 July 2009.
Search Translated Laws of Latvia