Read the untranslated law here: https://www.vestnesis.lv/ta/id/194599
The Saeima has adopted and the President promulgated the following laws: the amendments to the law "on especially protected natural territories" do the law "on especially protected natural territories" (Republic of Latvia Supreme Council and Government Informant, 1993, 12./13.nr.; The Saeima of the Republic of Latvia and the Cabinet of Ministers rapporteur, 1997, no. 23; 2002, no. 7; 2003, no. 2; 2004, no. 2; 2005, nr. 20; 2007, no. 12; 2009, no. 11) the following amendments: 1. Replace article 6, second paragraph, the words "and a number are also protected area 10 metres around them" with the words and figures "are also protected area 10 miles radius around rocks and terrain below the tree canopy, as well as 10 metres around them from the tree crown projection".
2. Express article 8 by the following: ' article 8. The protected landscape areas of protected landscape areas are areas that stand out with a peculiar or diverse landscape. Their purpose is to protect and preserve the characteristic landscape and landscape elements that are essential for the protected species and habitats, ecological function, the specific cultural characteristics of Latvia and landscape diversity, as well as providing public recreation and tourism suitable for conservation of the environment and nature-friendly management. "
3. Express article 11 by the following: ' article 11. Submission of proposals (1) a proposal for the establishment of the protected area may be made by the natural or legal person, in writing, by adding a description and diagram at a specific level. Proposal for the establishment of protected areas in the natural or legal person shall be submitted to the environmental protection administration.
(2) two weeks after the first part of the proposal referred to in the receipt and evaluation of the environmental protection administration in writing notify the relevant authorities, as well as publish a notice in the newspaper "Gazette" and at least one local newspaper and in writing (by letter) shall inform the owner of the land. "
4. in article 12: Add to the introductory part of the first subparagraph following the words "the establishment of the territory" with the words "territory, zoning, as well as the protection category to regime change";
replace the second paragraph, the words "national environmental services" with the words "environmental protection administration";
to complement the fourth paragraph after the words "to create the protected area" with the words "or in the protected area".
5. Article 13: Add to the third paragraph after the words "which are significant in nature" with the words "or" heritage ";
to make the fourth part of the second sentence as follows: "environmental protection administration within two weeks in writing inform the relevant authorities about the protected area boundaries, zoning, or protection of the planned change, as well as publish an appropriate notice in the newspaper" Gazette "and at least one local newspaper and in writing (by letter) shall inform the owner of the land.";
replace the fifth paragraph, the words "regional environmental administration" with the words "environmental protection administration".
6. Article Izteikt14 first subparagraph as follows: "(1) protected areas and their functional boundaries of the zone represents the local government planning."
7. Article 20: turn off in the first paragraph, the words "and natural protection plans";
to turn off the second paragraph, the words "and the relevant regional environmental governance".
8. Replace article 24, paragraph 2, the words "regional environmental administration and" with the word "or".
9. Turn off the third subparagraph of article 25.
10. Express article 26 and 27 the following: ' article 26. Protected areas management in organizing the necessary economic measures in protected areas in accordance with the procedure prescribed by law can create associations and Foundation. Local authorities can fund and take in its administrative territory of existing protected areas management. Associations, foundations and local authorities on the planned management measures shall inform the environmental protection administration.
27. article. Protected areas environmental State control of protected areas environmental State control of national protected areas, especially protected species and habitats, mikroliegum management and implement in the field of the protection of the environmental protection administration, in other areas of the environment, national environmental service, as well as other State bodies within their competence. "
11. Turn off the third subparagraph of article 28.
12. Turn off the article 32, first paragraph, the words "protected areas management body or, in its absence,".
13. Replace the words "in article 32.1 of the Latvian environment, geology and Meteorology Agency" with the words "environmental protection administration".
14. Replace article 34, third paragraph, the words "the relevant protected areas management institution or, failing that, the regional environmental governance" with the words "Government of nature protection".
15. Article 35: make the first paragraph by the following: "(1) State has a pre-emptive right to the land, which is located at: 1) nature reserves;
2) natural liegumo, if they are not broken down into functional areas;
3) natural monuments, unless they are separated functional areas;
4) nature sanctuaries, national parks, biosphere reserves, nature parks, natural monuments and protected landscape area of the nature reserve, strict mode, the behavior and natural adjustable mode. ";
replace the second paragraph, the words "protected areas management institution or, failing that, the regional environmental governance" with the words "Government of nature protection";
replace the third paragraph, the words "protected areas management institution or, failing that, a regional environmental administration" with the words "environmental protection administration".
16. off article 36.
17. Article 43: make the first paragraph by the following: "(1) the European interest in protected areas (Natura 2000) is a common European interest network of protected natural areas. It includes the specially protected natural areas, which are important in the European Union and the corresponding biogeographical area or areas contribute significantly to the specially protected habitat types or species of special conservation interest the favourable conservation status of conservation or restoration, can contribute significantly to the coherence of the Natura 2000 network, as well as significantly contribute to the conservation of biodiversity, biogeographical area concerned or areas. These territories shall apply the protection measures necessary to maintain or restore, at favourable conservation status of habitats and species in those populations for which the area is created. Animal species with a wide range of protection is assured in the Natura 2000 sites, which are physical and biological factors that are important to this species to their life and reproduction. "
replace the second paragraph, the words "Latvian environment, geology and Meteorology Agency" with the words "environmental protection administration".
18. To supplement the informative reference to directives of the European Union with paragraph 3 by the following: "3) of the European Parliament and of the Council of 17 June 2008. Directive 2008/56/EC establishing a framework for Community action in the field of marine environmental policy (marine strategy framework directive) (text with EEA relevance)".
19. Annex: turn off table 132.137, 138, 165, 172, 173, 174, 175, the., 210, 215, 219.. and 268;
Replace table 4, 101, 214, paragraph 116 and second column letter "B" with the letter "C";
replace the table in paragraph 234, the second column "A" with the letter "C";
replace the table in paragraph 257 of the second column in the letter "B" with the letter "C";
replace the table in paragraph 269 of the second column "A" with the letter "C";
Add to table with 337 and 338.339, point the following: 337.
(B) LV0536500 natural reserve "Pāvilosta grey dunes ' 338.
(B) LV0843500 mikroliegum "Estonian rut" 339.
(C) LV0536600 natural reserve "lubāna wetland" law in Saeima adopted 18 June 2009.
President Valdis Zatlers in Riga 2009 g. on 9 July, the Editorial Note: the law shall enter into force on 23 July 2009.
Search Translated Laws of Latvia