The Saeima has adopted and the President promulgated the following laws: the amendments to the law "on air" make law "on air" (Latvian Saeima and the Cabinet of Ministers rapporteur, 1994, nr. 22; 1997, 13, 23 no; 1998, no. 15, 23; 1999; 2002, 23 no no 12; 2003; 2004, nr. 15, 7., 10., 12., 20. No; 2005, 10, 15; 2006, nr. 1, 12, 24; 2007, no. 10. 14. no; 2008, no. 9; 2009, no. 6) the following amendments: 1. Turn off the article 3, second paragraph, the number "70".
2. in article 6: replace the third paragraph, the words "aviation accident" with the words "civil aviation accident";
to supplement the article with the fifth and sixth by the following: ' Civil Aviation Agency can issue administrative provisions on the prohibition or restriction of the application activities related to civil aviation personnel certification, air space of the Republic of Latvia or the use of civil aircraft, aerodromes and other aviation facilities and operation to ensure European Union legislation the implementation of aviation security requirements. The administrative appeal Act shall not suspend its activity.
Civil Aviation Agency for public administration facilities in accordance with the procedure laid down in the law, an individual can be delegated by contract to parachute dropping, ultraviegl aircraft operational monitoring, ultraviegl aircraft pilots and maintenance personnel certification and registration of motoparaplān and motodeltaplān. "
3. Turn off the article 27.1.
4. Express article 28 the following: ' article 28. The fee for the provision of air navigation services and civil aviation aerodrome services provided in the Cabinet is governed by State joint stock company "Latvian air traffic" air navigation service charges and distribution arrangements, as well as such national civil aviation aerodrome charges of the services provided, indicating the services included in these charges, and exemption from them: 1) the aircraft take-off and landing fees;
2) charges for parking of aircraft operational aircraft parked on the time in which the aircraft service before or after the flight;
3) passenger service charge.
Charges for services that are not determined in accordance with the first paragraph of this article (including services related to aircraft take-off or landing, parking or passenger service provision), determines the appropriate service provider.
Charge for municipal-owned civil aviation aerodrome services and its distribution arrangements in the Government. "
5. To supplement the law with article 30.1 of the following: ' article 30.1. Civil aviation personnel evaluation of the health status of Civil aviation personnel and to civil aviation personnel licence applicant person health condition must meet certain requirements.
Civil aviation staff to undergo a medical examination or medical institution at the aviation medical expert and receive the health certificate of the Cabinet of Ministers.
Aero-medical centres and aviation medical experts certified by the Civil Aviation Agency Cabinet. "
6. Express article 39 the following: ' article 39. Latvian airspace management to organize this law, the activities referred to in article 40 and secured the airspace management, creates an air space of the Republic of Latvia which comply with European Union law established the flexible use of airspace.
The Cabinet determines: 1) Latvian airspace structure and its change agenda;
2) Latvian airspace management procedures. "
7. Article 57: make the first part as follows: "Cabinet of Ministers approved the national civil aviation security programme in accordance with the European Parliament and of the Council of 11 March 2008, Regulation (EC) no 300/2008 on common rules in the field of civil aviation security and repealing Regulation (EC) No 2320/2002 on civil aviation security to maintenance measures.";
to supplement the article with the fourth and fifth by the following: ' Civil Aviation Agency in accordance with the Civil Aviation Security quality control programme is supervised by European Union legislation and the national civil aviation security programme in the implementation of the measures imposed. Civil aviation security quality control programme shall be approved by the Cabinet of Ministers.
Passengers, luggage and cargo safety inspection carried out at the person who certified the Cabinet. "
8. Article 70: to replace the title of the article, the first, second and fourth paragraph, the words "aviation accident" with the words "civil aviation accident";
replace the third paragraph, the words "national armed forces" with the words "national armed forces".
9. Replace the words "article 72 aviation accident" with the words "civil aviation accident".
10. Replace article 73, in the name of the first, second, third and fourth paragraph, the words "aviation accident" with the words "civil aviation accident".
11. Replace the first paragraph of article 74 1, 4, 5, 9 and in paragraph 11, the words "aviation accident" with the words "civil aviation accident".
12. Replace the name and article 76 in the first paragraph, the words "aviation accident" with the words "civil aviation accident".
13. Express article 82 the first part as follows: "the competent authority shall, in the exercise of the European Parliament and of the Council of 24 September 2008, Regulation (EC) no 1008/2008 on common rules for the provision of air services in the Community (recast) (hereinafter Regulation No 1008/2008), with the exception of the regulation article 23 and 24 are traffic Ministry. The competent authority shall, in the exercise of Regulation No 1009/2008 article 23 and 24, is consumer protection Center. "
14. To complement the 88.1 the second subparagraph following the words ' Civil Aviation Agency "with the words" and the consumer rights protection Centre (with respect to the imposition of administrative fines) ".
15. To supplement the eleventh chapter of article 112.1 by the following: ' article 112.1. The competence of the Ministry of defence the Ministry of defence: 1) military aviation activities carried out under official supervision;
2) oversees the military aircraft, airfields, and other military aviation installations and operation;
3) prepares the regulations governing military aviation activities;
4) investigates military aviation accidents and incidents that involve the Latvian national armed forces or other military aircraft;
5) in Latvian airspace surveillance state in case of danger;
6) cooperate with other aviation authorities mandated by the flexible use of airspace in the implementation of the principles. "
16. transitional provisions: express the following in paragraph 16: "4. Cabinet of Ministers until 2009 December 20 of this law shall be issued in the third subparagraph of article 4.1 and 4.2 in the fourth paragraph of article these provisions.";
transitional provisions be supplemented with 18, 19, 20 and 21 by the following: "6. The Cabinet of Ministers until 2010 December 31 issued this law article 28 the provisions referred to in the first paragraph. Up to the date of entry into force applicable in the Cabinet of Ministers of 5 December 2006, the provisions of no. 991 "the determination of the charge for air navigation and the State joint stock company" Riga International Airport "services, and the fee-sharing arrangements", in so far as they do not conflict with this Act.
19. The Cabinet of Ministers until 2010 December 31 article 39 of this law shall be issued in the second part of these provisions. Up to the date of entry into force applicable in the Cabinet of 21 March 2006, the Regulation No. 213 "rules of the air space of the Republic of Latvia's structure and its change agenda", to the extent they do not conflict with this Act.
20. The Cabinet of Ministers until 2009 December 31 article 57 of this law shall be issued by the provisions referred to in the first paragraph. Up to the date of entry into force applicable in a Cabinet of 24 January 2006, the provisions of no. 76 "procedures are performed in the field of civil aviation security measures", in so far as they do not conflict with this Act.
21. The Cabinet of Ministers until 30 March 2010 does this law, article 57 of the fourth and fifth paragraphs of these rules. "
The Parliament adopted the law of 16 July 2009.
President Valdis Zatlers in Riga V 2009 July 30 Editorial Note: the law shall enter into force on 13 august 2009.