Read the untranslated law here: https://www.vestnesis.lv/ta/id/198169
The Saeima has adopted and the President promulgated the following laws: the law on the amendments to the railway to make Railway Act (the Saeima of the Republic of Latvia and the Cabinet of Ministers rapporteur, 1998, no. 9; 1999, no. 5, 23; 2001, nr. 1; 2003, 6, 10, 23; 2004, nr. 8. No; 2005; 2006 21 no, no. 1; 2007, nr. 13, 15; 2008, nr. 15, 16; 2009, 12. no) the following amendments: 1. To supplement the law with article 25.2 of the following : "article 25.2. Passenger transport services, the main purpose of which is to carry passengers between stations located in different Member States of the European Union (1) carrier, which provides passenger service on the main objective is to carry passengers between stations located in different Member States of the European Union, the transport, the following have the right to the route in question in the territory of Latvia take and skip the passengers at any station or stop. The carrier is controlled, if you break a State or municipality signed the railway order, the economic balance of the contract.
(2) whether the carrier provides passenger service on the main objective is to carry passengers between stations located in different Member States of the European Union, as well as the following services possible economic impact on the State or local Government concluded a railway order contracts and the limits shall be evaluated by the national railway administration.
(3) the Evaluation procedures and criteria for the recognition of the railway service on the main objective of which is to carry passengers between stations located in different Member States of the European Union, and to disrupt the national or local authorities signed the railway order contracts, the economic equilibrium, determined by the Cabinet of Ministers. "
2. Supplement article 43, with the sixth part as follows: "(6) If a passenger or freight cross-border transport is carried to another Member State of the European Union more than 15 kilometres from the frontier of the country concerned, a collective agreement or employment contract shall also include the provisions referred to in the agreement between the community of European railways (CER) and the European Transport workers ' Federation (ETF) on certain aspects of the working conditions of mobile workers provide in interoperable cross-border services , or more favourable legal position of staff rules. "
3. transitional provisions be supplemented with 26 as follows: "Cabinet of Ministers 26 to 2010 January 1, issued by this law, the third paragraph of article 25.2 of the rules laid down."
4. Add to the informative reference to European Union directives, with paragraph 11 and 12 as follows: ' 11) the European Council of 18 July 2005, the provisions of Directive 2005/47/EC on the agreement between the community of European railways (CER) and the European Transport workers ' Federation (ETF) on certain aspects of the working conditions of mobile workers provide in interoperable cross-border services in the railway sector;
12) the European Parliament and of the Council of 23 October 2007 by Directive 2007/58/EC amending Council Directive 91/440/EEC on the development of the community's railways and Directive 2001/14/EC on the allocation of railway infrastructure capacity and the levying of charges for the use of railway infrastructure. "
The law adopted by the Parliament in 2009 on September 10.
In place of the President of the parliamentary President G. Lot in Riga 2009 September 25, editorial comment: the law shall enter into force on 9 October 2009.
Search Translated Laws of Latvia