Read the untranslated law here: https://www.vestnesis.lv/ta/id/198719
The Saeima has adopted and the President promulgated the following laws: the law on waste management in the waste management Act (Republic of Latvia Saeima and the Cabinet of Ministers rapporteur, 2001, nr. 3; 2004, nr. 7, 10; 2005, 2., no. 15; 2006, nr. 24; 2008, no. 9) the following amendments: 1. Express 12 article 7 paragraph by the following: "12") determines the order in which received and managed in the beverage primary packaging that does not apply to the deposit system and adopting a trading venue or specially designed beverage packaging at the point of adoption, and the requirements for economic operators, which perform the following package; ".
2. Article 20: Supplement to the second part of the article as follows: "(2) transport of hazardous waste inventory in the Cabinet in the order of the Ministry of the environment the authority or the authorized economic operator, which has delegated this task to the Ministry of the environment.";
believe the current text of article about the first part.
3. Express 20.2 of the first paragraph of article 3 by the following: "3) their economic activities in Latvia imported or from the Latvian exports electrical and electronic equipment."
4. Supplement article 20.4 with the sixth part as follows: "(6) a Person that their economic activities are imported from other countries or exported to other countries in electrical and electronic equipment, follow this law, article 20.2, the third paragraph of this article and article 12.8."
5. in article 21.1: Add to the first part of paragraph 3 with the following: "3) natural resource tax on waste disposal legislation specified.";
off 21.1 of part two of the article the second sentence.
6. Express article 23, second subparagraph by the following: "(2) in the territory of Latvia is prohibited to import waste for disposal, for prolonged storage or incineration, except where the waste is classified as waste recycling or recovery of the waste incineration plant owner has received the law on polluting activities determine the permissions for the relevant waste incineration and power of the machine is appropriate."
7. Turn the transitional provisions in paragraph 24, the words and the number "and the second paragraph of article 21.1.
The Parliament adopted the law in 2009 on September 17.
President Valdis Zatlers in Riga V 2009 October 6, editorial comment: the law shall enter into force on the 20 October 2009.
Search Translated Laws of Latvia