Read the untranslated law here: https://www.vestnesis.lv/ta/id/200080
The Saeima has adopted and the President promulgated the following laws: law on protection of the rights of the child in the Child Protection Act (Republic of Latvia Saeima and the Cabinet of Ministers rapporteur, 1998, no. 15; 2000, no. 8, 12; 2001, 24 No; 2002; 2003, 23, the No. 12. No; 2004, nr. 12; 2005; 2006, 8. No, No 22; 2007, nr. 9, No 15; 2008; 2009, no. 14) the following amendments : 1. Supplement article 1 to 16 as follows: "16) large family — a family that care for three or more children, including audžuģimen and placed on children in custody."
2. in article 26: make the first part of the second sentence as follows: "the State and the municipality supports the family, especially large families, and give it support."
3. Express article 31 the third paragraph as follows: "(3) in the cases provided for in the law and in order to adopt a foreign child may, if that State is binding on 29 May 1993 Hague Convention on protection of children and cooperation in inter-State adoption matters or if Latvia with the country concerned has concluded a bilateral agreement that defines the legal cooperation in the area of adoption. In exceptional cases children can adopt abroad, which is not bound by that Convention or with which Latvia has not concluded a bilateral treaty that defines the legal cooperation in the area of adoption, if before the adoption process started between the child and the adoptive parent has developed a real child and parental relationships and the family courts, which ruled on the care of the ārpusģimen, has acknowledged that the adoption of the interests of the child. "
4. Article 33: to complement the article name with the words "and others";
replace the introductory part of the first paragraph, the words "and" close relatives "with the words" as well as with brothers, sisters, grandparents and the people with whom the child has lived a long time do not share holding ";
replace the second paragraph, the words "close relatives" with the words "other first part of this article, the persons referred to in the introductory part";
to make the fourth subparagraph by the following: "(4) baby care facilities Manager, audžuģimen or guardian may permit the child to stay with parents who have been deprived of the care or custody rights, or other first part of this article, the persons referred to in the introductory part, if adopted by the family courts for their decisions."
5. Supplement article 40 the second paragraph after the words "childcare Manager" with the words "social adjustment of the educational Manager".
6. Article 43: turn off the title, the word "child";
turn off the first paragraph, the words "at the child's place of residence";
make the second paragraph as follows: "(2) the rights to unused social guarantees for persons remain no longer than up to 24 years of age."
The law adopted by the Parliament in 2009 October 15.
President Valdis Zatlers in Riga 2009 g. November 4, editorial comment: the law shall enter into force on 18 November 2009.
Search Translated Laws of Latvia