Read the untranslated law here: https://www.vestnesis.lv/ta/id/200332
The Saeima has adopted and the President promulgated the following laws: the amendments to the maritime administration and the Maritime Safety Act do maritime administration and the Maritime Safety Act (Republic of Latvia Saeima and the Cabinet of Ministers rapporteur, 2002, nr. 23; 2003; 2004, nr. 23, no. 23; 2005; 2006, no 24, no. 14; 2007, 12 no, 3, 15; 2008. no; 2009, no 2) follows: 1. Turn off the article 5, paragraph 9.
2. in article 6: turn off the first part of paragraph 25, the words "and personal equipment on ships";
to supplement the first part of paragraph 29 by the following: "29) issued and revoke the special permission (license) the trader who set the crew."
to make the fourth subparagraph by the following: "(4) the first paragraph of this article for the implementation of the decisions taken by the Latvian maritime administration decisions on compliance with safety requirements adopted by the Board of supervisors and the flag State, port State control the process, decisions on vessel, port and port facility protection requirements, decisions on maritime security requirements for the carriage of passengers and cargo, as well as the decisions on the detention of the qualification document cancellation or invalidation of the executable with the date of their entry into force. This decision and the appeal shall not suspend the opposition. "
3. Supplement article 7 of the first paragraph of paragraph 6, after the word "comply" with the words "national competent authorities".
4. Supplement article 23 the fifth sentence with the following: "qualifying original identity document must be available on board the ship on which the person is working."
5. Article 24: make the first and the fifth part of the second sentence as follows: "with the ship's manning allowed deal merchants who received the Latvian maritime administration issued a special permit (license). This requirement does not apply to non-SOLAS vessels crew manning. ";
Add to article 5.1 part as follows: "(51) Manning has a particular qualification selection of seafarers according to international, national and the requirements of the shipowner. It includes a conclusion of a contract on behalf of the owner of the ship, sending the employment of seafarers on the ship, as well as other activities according to the delegation of the shipowner. ";
replace the sixth paragraph, the words "persons working in the installation on board" with the words "Suite ship crew";
to make the seventh subparagraph by the following: "(7) the manning of the ship is not requested and received compensation from the sailor."
6. Replace article 38 in the first paragraph, the words "code of safe practice for bulk cargoes (BC Code)" with the words "international marine carrier code (IMSBC code)".
7. transitional provisions: replace paragraph 14 in numbers and the words "1 January 2010" with the figures and the words "1 June 2011";
transitional provisions be supplemented with 20 and 21 by the following: "20. This law, article 5, paragraph 9, article 6, first paragraph, paragraph 29 amended 6 the first paragraph of article 25, article 24, the fifth and sixth part (which is turned off by the words" persons working in the installation on board vessels ") enters into force on July 1, 2010.
21. The Cabinet of Ministers until July 1, 2010 does this law, article 24, the fifth and sixth provisions in part. Until the entry into force of the provisions applicable to the Cabinet of Ministers of 18 December 2007 the Regulation No 874 "rules on work placements of persons on ships", in so far as they do not conflict with this Act. "
The Parliament adopted the law of 22 October.
In place of the President of the parliamentary President G. Lot in Riga 2009 November 10 Editorial Note: the law shall enter into force on the 24th November 2009.
Search Translated Laws of Latvia