Read the untranslated law here: https://www.vestnesis.lv/ta/id/200699
The Saeima has adopted and the President promulgated the following laws: the law on Declaration of residence make the law on Declaration of residence (Republic of Latvia Saeima and the Cabinet of Ministers rapporteur, 2002, nr. 16; 2003; 2006, nr. 9, 9. No; 2007, nr. 20; 2009, 2., no. 15) the following amendments: 1. Turn off the third paragraph of article 4.
2. Put article 5 the first paragraph by the following: "(1) minor child who, on the basis of the decision of the child's family courts ārpusģimen's care, placed in the child care institution or audžuģimen in other municipal administrative territory, retain the previous registration, residence, but child care institution or audžuģimen address specified as an additional address. If he does not have a legal basis to keep the registration on the previous place of residence, his residence in accordance with article 10 of this law shall be registered in the child care institution or audžuģimen address. To register the following address of the child can also be a municipality whose territory the seat of the family courts, which adopted a decision on the ārpusģimen of the child care child care institution or audžuģimen, on giving notice to the municipality, which is located in the administrative territory of the registered office. "
3. in article 7: replace the first paragraph, the words "Administration" with the words "citizenship and Migration Affairs Board (hereinafter the Board)";
to make the fourth subparagraph by the following: "(4) the Board shall register the particulars of the declared place of residence and provide the personal information supplied for machine processing, protection, preservation, as well as the updating of the population register, if the residence declaration, the declarant shall submit electronically, or if the place of residence declared this law article 6, first paragraph, 3, 4 or 5 person referred to in paragraph 1. ';
in the fifth subparagraph, replace the words "by mail or electronically submitted" with the word "received".
4. Express article 8 second paragraph as follows: "(2) the residence of the declarant or his legal representative may submit a declaration to the Board electronically through a special online form. This law, article 6, first paragraph, 3, 4 or 5 persons referred to in paragraph a, the authorised person or the legal representative or his authorized person may personally submit the Board. ';
in the fifth subparagraph, replace the words "child care and education authorities" with the words "child care institutions, audžuģimen";
turn off the eighth paragraph, first sentence, the words "and the Declaration of the sample submission form".
5. Turn off 8.1 article.
6. in article 9: Add to the introductory part of the first subparagraph and second subparagraph after the word "authority" with the words "or" Administration ";
to complement the second paragraph after the words "address (addresses) and" with the words "on request";
turn off third and fourth.
7. Add to article 12 of the seventh and eighth by the following: "(7) If the residence of the declarant or of Latvian citizens lost the non-citizens status and, within two months, he has no other specific legal status or place of residence in the Republic of Latvia, the declarant has not received a certificate of registration, a permanent residence card or residence permit, the news of his declared place of residence should be deemed void by the relevant status loss day.
(8) If the declarant shall be void of residence registration certificate issued by, residence card or residence permit or expired date and month has no other specific legal status or place of residence in the Republic of Latvia, the declarant has not received a certificate of registration, a permanent residence card or residence permit, the news of his declared place of residence be considered annulled registration certificates with a permanent residence card or residence permit cancellation or expiry date of validity. "
8. transitional provisions: replace paragraph 10 in numbers and the words "2010 1 January" with the figures and the words "1 July 2011";
transitional provisions be supplemented by the following paragraph 12: ' 12. Declaration of Residence applications sent by post up to December 31, 2009 the Administration consider according to the date of application of the existing application of the Declaration of the place of residence of the arbitration proceedings. "
The law shall enter into force on January 1, 2010.
The Parliament adopted the law on 29 October 2009.
President Valdis Zatlers in Riga 2009 g. on 17 November, the Editorial Note: the law shall enter into force by 1 January 2010.
Search Translated Laws of Latvia