Read the untranslated law here: https://www.vestnesis.lv/ta/id/200694
The Saeima has adopted and the President promulgated the following laws: the amendment of the law of national security institutions to make the national security authorities Act (Republic of Latvia Saeima and the Cabinet of Ministers rapporteur, 1994, nr. 11; 1995, no. 18; 1996; 1998, no. 23, no. 12; 1999; 2000, no. 14, no. 15; 2002, nr. 2, 16; 2004, nr. 9; 2005, 14, 22 no 2006, No 14;; 2007, 16.9, no; 2009 15., 2., no.) following amendment: Add to the fourth chapter of article 23.1 as follows: "article 23.1. Benefits, compensation and national security officials and employees who perform duties outside the State (1) at a time when national security officer or an employee performs duties outside the country (except when the officer or employee shall perform diplomatic or consular posts are posted in the European Union institutions as national expert or telecommute), in addition to his base salary has the right to: 1) salary allowance for service in a foreign country;
2) allowance for the spouse's residence in a foreign country;
3) allowance for children's stay in a foreign country;
4) allowance for the purchase of household equipment, moving to the place of employment abroad;
5) benefits the service needs to be used to cover the costs of transport;
6) compensation, including renting a dwelling with apartment lease contract-related expenses and utility expenses;
7) children of school and pre-school expenses refund;
8) full compensation for travel and removal expenses, go to the place and return from it;
9) compensation for public safety officer or employee and his family members health insurance and insurance against accidents;
10) full compensation for himself and his family members to cover travel expenses once a year by going to annual leave Latvia and return to service.
(2) the public security authority officials and employees who are sent to the service of the North Atlantic Treaty Organization and the European Union institutions and the Member States in the organisation of multinational headquarters and which, on the basis of the above organisations, are sent to the international operations, has the right to receive benefit and save rights laid down in the first subparagraph of this article, except for the right to pay benefits for services in a foreign country. If public safety officer or employee family members staying in the foreign country from which the public safety officer or employee in accordance with the procedure laid down in this article is sent to international operations, the national safety authority or the employee is entitled to receive the salary benefit for service in a foreign country to 50 percent.
(3) in the first and second subparagraph and compensation benefits and costs the order in the foreign country in the place of existing specific conditions, as well as that referred to in the second subparagraph of article procedures for the determination of the premium and the amount determined by the Cabinet of Ministers.
(4) the allowances referred to in this article shall not be subject to the statutory taxes and other mandatory payments. "
The Parliament adopted the law on 29 October 2009.
President Valdis Zatlers in Riga 2009 g. on 17 November, the Editorial Note: the law shall enter into force by December 1, 2009.
Search Translated Laws of Latvia