Read the untranslated law here: https://www.vestnesis.lv/ta/id/201235
The Saeima has adopted and the President promulgated the following laws: the law of food surveillance in food surveillance Act (Republic of Latvia Saeima and the Cabinet of Ministers rapporteur, 1998, no. 7; 2002, nr. 2, 20; 2003; 2004, nr. 24, no. 14, 2006, 23; 1. No; 2007, nr. 3, 21; 2008, 3, 5 no, No 14, 2009) the following amendments: 1. in article 4: turn off the sixth paragraph, the words "local market";
turn off 10.1 paragraph, the words "as well as assess the mother's milk substitute advertising laws and compliance requirements";
to supplement the article with the fifteenth and the sixteenth part of the following wording: "(15) On geographical indications registration, notification of the decision on the opposition and on the amendment of the geographical indication registration duty payable. Government fees and the payment order is determined by the Cabinet of Ministers.
(16) The national food quality schemes of control bodies for issuing the certificate of approval of State fee payable. Government fees and the payment order is determined by the Cabinet of Ministers. "
2. in article 5: to make the first, second, third and fourth subparagraph by the following: "(1) food company involved in the food chain, if it is accepted or registered.
(2) the food company's recognition is required, as determined by the European Parliament and of the Council of 29 April 2004, Regulation (EC) No 853/2004 laying down specific hygiene rules for food of animal origin. Food companies acknowledge the recognition and acceptance of the certificate number is given by the company shall be issued, at the request of the food and veterinary service. For food business licence issuance of recognition of State fee payable. Government fees and the payment order is determined by the Cabinet of Ministers.
(3) a food establishment which is not necessary, can be involved in the food chain, if it has been registered by the food and veterinary service. At the request of the food company food and veterinary service shall issue a registration certificate. Food registration certificate of the company issuing the stamp duty payable. Government fees and the payment order is determined by the Cabinet of Ministers.
(4) the food business recognition or registration procedures shall be determined by the Cabinet of Ministers. "
3. in article 8: make a tenth as follows: "(10) the hygiene requirements for the primary production and the production of primary products direct delivery not in bulk to the final consumer or retail business, directly supplying the final consumer, and that delivery shall be determined by the Cabinet of Ministers."
turn off the eleventh;
Supplement to the twelfth article as follows: "(12) the arrangements for the issue, suspend and restore the primary product marketing authorisation, shall be determined by the Cabinet of Ministers."
4. Turn off the article 10 fourth and fifth.
5. Add to the introductory part of article 14, after the words "the" with the word "distribution".
6. Replace article 19 of the sixth paragraph, the words "Minister of health" with the words "Cabinet" of a certain institution.
7. Express article 20 second paragraph as follows: "(2) For dietary supplements, dietary food and artificial mixtures intended for infants and for registration of authorisation for dissemination of natural mineral water market duty paid. Government fees and the payment order is determined by the Cabinet of Ministers. "
8. Article 21, second paragraph: 10.1 points off the words "as well as the mother's milk substitute advertising laws and compliance requirements";
turn off paragraph 15.
9. in article 22: adding to paragraph 4 the second subparagraph with the following sentence: "the decision is enforceable immediately;"
to make the fourth and fifth by the following: "(4) If a has occurred or is likely to cause disease or food poisoning spread, the country's massive main food and veterinary inspector shall determine the limits of the food chain. The inspectors identified food restrictions enforceable immediately.
(5) in the event of a threat to human life or health, the country's main food and health inspector is entitled to set limits or prohibitions on food importation and distribution in Latvia. The Inspector's restrictions and prohibitions enforceable immediately. ';
to supplement the article with the seventh subparagraph by the following: "(7) the decision on the suspension of food company or food distribution, decision on food and the recognition of distribution invalid and withdrawal immediately executable, and the challenge and appeal shall not suspend the operation of this decision."
10. Article 27: replace the second subparagraph of paragraph 2, the words "necessary overhaul" with the words "need a renovation";
to make the seventh part of the second sentence as follows: "in this article that the food and veterinary service officials disputed the decision or warning and appeal will not suspend their operation."
11. transitional provisions: off 3 point 15;
adding to the transitional provisions in paragraph 14 and 15 with the following: "14. Article 4 of this law, the 15th and the 16th, the amended article 5, second and third subparagraphs, and article 20 second paragraph shall enter into force on January 1, 2011.
15. Article 8 of this law, part of the twelfth Cabinet of Ministers regulations for picking, but not longer than until 1 July 2010 has the following Cabinet of Ministers regulations, in so far as they are not inconsistent with this law: 1) October 2, 2007.-Regulation No. 665 "hygiene requirements for the movement of eggs in bulk";
2) 18 December 2007 rules No. 875 "hygiene and minimum safety requirements for the movement of cows ' milk in small volume." "
The Parliament adopted the law in 2009 on 12 November.
President Valdis Zatlers in Riga 2009 V 1 December
Search Translated Laws of Latvia