Read the untranslated law here: https://www.vestnesis.lv/ta/id/201231
The Saeima has adopted and the President promulgated the following laws: the amendments to the law "on prevention of conflict of interest in the activities of public officials" to make the law "on prevention of conflict of interest in the activities of public officials" (Latvian Saeima and the Cabinet of Ministers rapporteur, 2002, no. 11, no. 12; 2003; 2006, 2., no. 20; 2007, nr. 14; 2008, 24 no; 2009, no. 10) follows: 1. in article 4: to supplement the first part with 19.1 points in this version : "191) the Corporation's Board, in which one or more national or municipal corporation portion of share capital as a whole or individually exceed 50 percent, and a Council member of such Corporation representing the State or municipal corporation interests;"
turn off the first part of paragraph 23;
turn off the part of introductory paragraph 2.1, the words "and the information analysis service".
2. in article 7: turn the introductory part, the words "information analysis service manager";
adding to the fifth subparagraph of paragraph 2, after the word "organization" with the words "If the fourteenth of this article, unless otherwise defined in this part";
replace the numbers and in part 5.1, the words "article 4 2.3" in part with numbers and the words "article 4, first subparagraph, in point 2.3 of part 19.1";
express the sixth paragraph 4 by the following: "4) economic activity or individual trader status by registering in the State revenue service as economic operator in accordance with the law" on personal income tax ", if this connection does not pose a conflict of interest and have received national or municipal institution or his authorized person's written permission.";
to make an eighth of the following: "(8) other national armed forces professional service soldiers, military personnel and civilian employees are allowed to connect State officials post with the other posts, Enterprise Agreement, the eleventh part of this article does not mention the performance of the mandate or the economic activity status of the individual merchant or registering for the State revenue service as economic operator in accordance with the law" on personal income tax ", if this connection does not pose a conflict of interest and the national armed forces Commander or his authorized officer's written permission.";
make a tenth as follows: "(10) public officers authorized to connect State officials post with the economic activity of the status of authorised economic operator or individual registering as economic operator in accordance with the law" on personal income tax ", if this operation is achieved income only from agricultural production, forestry, fishery and rural tourism."
to supplement the article with the fourteenth part as follows: "(14) in addition to government officials, which the other laws, and this article is not allowed to connect the State officials post with responsibilities in a political party or political association, joining such posts is not allowed also the Chancellor and his Deputy Director, National Secretaries and their deputies, as well as the National Corporation boards and councils members."
3. Article 10: turn off in the first paragraph, the words "information Analysis Services Manager";
make the third paragraph as follows: "(3) the State or municipal corporation Council or Board member and a member of the Board of the Corporation, in which one or more national or municipal corporation portion of share capital as a whole or individually exceed 50 percent, as well as the following Corporation Council, representing public interests, the Corporation must not be a member of the company, shareholders, members or the sole proprietor, receiving the respective Corporation's financial resources and orders for the purposes of this Corporation purchases except when provided by open competition. "
4. Supplement article 20 with 5.1 part as follows: "(51) with regard to article 4 of this law is referred to in the third paragraph, State officials and the official list of those submitting the amendment to the national or local institutions, which delegated the functions concerned, granted financial means passed or is responsible for the execution of the delegated function or the use of financial resources."
5. Article 23: make the introductory part of the first subparagraph by the following: "(1) a public official has a duty to set term and in order to submit such declarations of public officials:";
to make the second and the third part as follows: "(2) a public officer other than the third and fourth part of that country's officials, the Declaration shall be submitted to the State revenue service by electronic means, through the State revenue service electronic declaration system.
(3) the public security authorities working public officials, except for constitutional protection, the Director of the Declaration submitted to the constitutional protection Office Director. ";
turn off the fourth paragraph, the words "and the information Analysis Services Manager".
6. Replace article 27, third paragraph, the words "in the second and third part" with the words and figures "and the second, 2.3, 2.2 in the third paragraph".
The law shall enter into force on January 1, 2010.
The Parliament adopted the law in 2009 on 12 November.
President Valdis Zatlers in Riga 2009 V 1 December
Search Translated Laws of Latvia