Read the untranslated law here: https://www.vestnesis.lv/ta/id/201981
The Saeima has adopted and the President promulgated the following laws: the law on general education done in the General Education Act (the Saeima of the Republic of Latvia and the Cabinet of Ministers rapporteur, 1999, 14, 17, 21; 2000, no. 15, no. 19; 2002, nr. 24; 2004, nr. 20; 2005, no. 14, no. 22; 2007; 2008; 2009, 23 no. 2., no. 14) the following amendments: 1. Supplement article 4 with the following paragraph 3.2 : "32) defines the procedure for the calculation and allocation of the national budget of mērķdotācij municipality and private educational institutions the child of five years of age employed in education educational educator pay;".
2. Supplement article 14 with the following point 1.1: ' 11) State educational guidelines; ".
3. To supplement the law with article 9.4 as follows: "article 15.1. State educational guidelines (1) State educational guidelines state: 1) educational content objectives and tasks;
2) preschool education pedagogical principles of the organisation of the process;
3) preschool education learning planned results;
4) educational evaluation.
(2) State educational guidelines are mandatory for everyone to develop and implement educational programs. "
4. in article 17: Add to the introductory phrase of the first subparagraph after the word "standard" with the words "or State educational guidelines";
Add to the first part of paragraph 4, the words "(excluding pre-school education programs);
Add to the first subparagraph of paragraph 5, the words "or fundamental principles of valuation".
5. Replace article 20 second paragraph, second sentence, the words "in accordance with the wishes of parents and the family doctor's opinion" with the words "in accordance with the wishes of parents and the family doctor or psychologist's opinion".
6. To supplement the law with article 20.1 the following: 20.1 "article. Preschool age children the indispensability of preparation (1) child from the age of five years of preparation for production of basic education is compulsory.
(2) in its administrative territory provides children from the age of five years preparing the primary abstraction. "
7. Make the text of this article 22: "preschool education program implemented by the educational institution or of another educational institution, as well as the family, receive a methodical assistance to educational institutions which are pursuing licensed preschool education program, or educational Advisory Center."
8. Article 24: replace the first paragraph, the words "sešgadīg children" with the words "children from the age of five years";
make the third paragraph as follows: "(3) the procedures by which parents receive advisory and methodological assistance to the educational Advisory Center, down the founder."
9. Turn off article 28.
10. Supplement article 32 the third paragraph with the words "or the opinion of the psychologist".
11. transitional provisions be supplemented by paragraphs 12 and 13 of the following: "12. Educational institutions implementing educational programs until 1 January 2011 to provide a preschool education program compliance with State educational guidelines and submitting them for licensing.
13. the 2010 and 2011 State and local education authorities established teachers don't pay bonuses and prize money, not make their material incentives, but the benefits are paid in accordance with State and local officials and employees of the institutions of the law of compensation. "
The law shall enter into force on January 1, 2010.
The law adopted by the Parliament in 2009 on 1 December.
President Valdis Zatlers in Riga 2009 g. on 15 December
Search Translated Laws of Latvia