Read the untranslated law here: https://www.vestnesis.lv/ta/id/201971
The Saeima has adopted and the President promulgated the following laws: the amendments to the Education Act to make the Education Act (the Saeima of the Republic of Latvia and the Cabinet of Ministers rapporteur, 1998, nr. 24; 1999, 17, no. 24; 2000, no. 12; 2001, 12, 16, 21; 2003, nr. 21. No; 2004, nr. 5, 3. No; 2007; 2009, 1., 2., no. 14) the following amendments: 1. Supplement article 4, after the word "is" with the words "of the five children of primary extraction and preparation".
2. Supplement article 14 with 18.1 points as follows: "181) national educational guidelines;".
3. in article 15: to make point 7 by the following: ' 7) State educational guidelines, national education standards; "
Express 17 the following: "17) organised by the national educational guidelines and national standards of education in the development of training tools;"
Express 21 as follows: "21) State educational guidelines and national standards of education appropriate education program samples;".
4. the title of chapter IV, Expressed as follows: "(IV) chapter. State educational guidelines, national education standards and education programs ".
5. Article 33: Add to the introductory part of the first subparagraph after the word "standard" with the words "or State educational guidelines";
Add to the first subparagraph of paragraph 2 and 3, the words "(excluding pre-school education programs);
to complement the second paragraph after the word "according" with the words "State educational guidelines or".
6. Express article 35, the first paragraph by the following: (1) educational evaluation framework national educational guidelines, criteria and procedures set out in the standards of public education. "
7. Add to article 41, the first paragraph after the word "according" with the words "State educational guidelines or".
8. Express article 59 the second part as follows: "(2) private educational institutions financed by their founders. The country participates in the private educational institutions teacher pay in the financing of the Cabinet in the order, if these institutions are implemented educational programs for children from age 5 to initiate the procurement of basic education accredited primary and general secondary education programs. Municipalities can participate in private education institutions, teacher pay. "
9. Article 60: make the third paragraph as follows: "(3) educational institution for the education program costs include the expenses necessary for the implementation of the programme of education in teacher pay, the education authorities with learning resources, its economic costs, as well as other necessary expenditure. Teacher pay State or local educational institutions, including children from the age of five years in educating the educators employed pay is provided from the State budget funds and the State budget mērķdotācij. Other educators who are implementing educational programs, educational institutions, local government income if other laws, unless otherwise is provided from the local government. Municipalities can participate in State and municipal educational institutions implement the education program teacher pay. Preparation of training tools and issues in accordance with State educational guidelines and national standards of education is financed in the annual State budget allocation. ";
replace the seventh part of the introductory paragraph the word "special" with the word "relevant";
to complement the seventh part of paragraph 4, the words "and educators who implement vocational basic education, vocational secondary education or vocational education programs in sport, music and the arts in the State or municipal educational institutions, to pay".
10. transitional provisions be supplemented with paragraph 24 and 25 as follows: "Cabinet of Ministers 24 to 2010 January 1 issue of article 14 of this law provided for in point 18.1 national educational guidelines.
25. the 2010 and 2011 State and local education authorities established teachers don't pay bonuses and prize money, not make their material incentives, but the benefits are paid in accordance with State and local officials and employees of the institutions of the law of compensation. "
The law shall enter into force on January 1, 2010.
The law adopted by the Parliament in 2009 on 1 December.
President Valdis Zatlers in Riga 2009 g. on 15 December
Search Translated Laws of Latvia