Read the untranslated law here: https://www.vestnesis.lv/ta/id/202354
The Saeima has adopted and the President promulgated the following laws: the law of military service to do military service Act (the Saeima of the Republic of Latvia and the Cabinet of Ministers rapporteur, 2002, nr. 14; 2003, 2, 15; 2004, nr. 14. No; 2005; 2006, 8 No No 14; 2007; 2008 to 10. No, no 3; 2009, 2, 14, 15, 21. no) the following amendments: 1. Replace the entire law, the word "salary" (fold) with the word "salary" (fold).
2. Supplement article 12 the third paragraph with the sentence the following wording: "the soldiers leave is granted the unit commander (boss)."
3. Replace article 27, second paragraph and article 30, second paragraph, the words "service fees" with the words "wages and bonuses".
4. To turn off, chapter VI.
5. Supplement article 44 with 4.1 part as follows: "(41) if the soldiers retired from the military service act article 42 1 of the first subparagraph in the case specified in paragraph or a professional service contract before the expiry of this law article 43 second paragraph, 2, 6 or 7 defined in case of unused annual leave compensation calculated for the full year. If soldiers retired this law article 43 first paragraph of part 1 or 2, 4, 8, or 9 in the case specified in paragraph before the end of the calendar year and the soldier has used the annual leave for the full calendar year, from his nodienētaj days of not withholding payment for paid vacation. "
6. Article 48: put the article title and the first paragraph by the following: ' article 48. The soldiers rewards (1) professional service soldier in active service shall receive a remuneration, determined in accordance with national and local government bodies and officials of employee rewards to the law. ";
turn off the third, fourth, fifth and sixth.
7. Make the article 49 as follows: "article 49. Soldier supply professional service soldier during military service is part of the country dependent. Each soldier during the service receives intake, soldier soldier uniforms and equipment of the service required. Supply conditions, rules and procedures for the soldier to be with logistical means determined by the Minister of defence. The soldier does not receive the soldiers laid down in this article, if the intake intake compensation granted to them. "
8. Turn off the article 50.
9. Turn off the article 51 of the first and the second part.
10. Make 52 of article as follows: "article 52. Compensation for loss of capacity due to mandatory military service If compulsory military service for soldiers during active service or within one year after he retired from the active service disability injury (mutilation, concussion), obtained during the performance of official duties, or an illness caused in relation to the military service (occupational disease), his monthly compensation for the loss of functional capacity: 1) Group I disability-300 lats;
2) Group II disability-200 lats;
3) disability-III 150 lats.
If the persons referred to in this article to change the disability group, according to the newly established disability group also determined to change the amount of the refund. "
11. Make article 53 the following: "article 53. Other active service related guarantees professional service soldiers shall have the right to turn to outside equipment their children in preschool education. "
12. off 55 of the fourth part.
13. off 56. and article 57.
14. Article 59: make the second paragraph as follows: "(2) the retired soldier retains the right to receive a prepaid health care in the same order as professional service soldiers, if: 1) he is retired from active service disability, injury (mutilation, concussion), obtained during the performance of official duties, or an illness caused in relation to the military service (occupational disease);
2) he is retired from active service due to the active service of the maximum age for active service or on maximum age article 41 of this law, the second, third and fourth cases and he has been granted a retirement pension ".
replace the third paragraph, the words "and the number of article 52 of this law in the tenth paragraph of conditions" by the words "his malicious or improper conduct";
in the fourth paragraph, replace the words "this law and article 51, first paragraph, the rights" with the words "the right to be paid for health care in the same order as professional service soldier".
15. Article 61 off the third, fifth and sixth.
The transitional provisions of article 3 of this law shall enter into force on January 1, 2011.
The law shall enter into force on January 1, 2010.
The law adopted by the Parliament in 2009 on 1 December.
President Valdis Zatlers in Riga V 2009 December 21
Search Translated Laws of Latvia