Read the untranslated law here: https://www.vestnesis.lv/ta/id/203017
The Saeima has adopted and the President promulgated the following laws: the law on amendments to the tourism draw of the tourism law (Republic of Latvia Saeima and the Cabinet of Ministers rapporteur, 1998, no. 21; 1999, no. 22; 2002; 2003, 4, no, nr. 6; 2006, 7. no; 2009, No 14) follows: 1. Article 1: expressions of paragraph 5 by the following: "5) complex tourist service — a combination of tourism services, drawn up in advance or at the customer's request relates to a period longer than 24 hours, and includes 24-hour accommodation or at least two of the following tourist services: (a) transport, (b))) accommodation;
c) other tourist services not ancillary to transport or accommodation and accounting for a major part of the combination of tourism services; ";
turn off paragraph 6;
make 14 the following: "14) travel agents, a merchant who in the name of the tour operator for authorisation or other civil contract offers or sells tourism operator prepare for travel services;";
make the following point 19:19), tour operator-merchant who organized the provision of tourism services in Latvia or abroad and the services offered or sold to customers directly or through travel agents; ";
turn off 25.
2. Turn off the article 10.
3. in article 11: make second subparagraph of paragraph 2 as follows: "2) tourist agent;"
turn off the second part of paragraph 3;
to make a fifth by the following: "(5) the cabinet shall determine the package of the preparation and implementation of the service order, customer information, tour operators, travel agents and the rights and obligations of clients, travel agents and tour operators in order to travel agents and tour operators database.";
Add to article 5.1, 5.2 and 5.3 of the part as follows: "(51) travel agents and tour operators registration and relevant database maintenance provides the Ministry of economics.
(52) the Ministry of the economy of this article set out in part 5.1 national regulatory function may delegate to another person, even a private entity.
(53) the travel agent and tour operator services in Latvia may provide merchants that law duly registered travel agents and tour operators database. ";
turn off the sixth.
4. To supplement the law with article 9.4 as follows: "article 15.1. Tourist guides as a tourism service provider (1) tourist guide is a trained person, providing comprehensive information about tourist attractions, as well as run by local or foreign tourist excursion above developed tourism routes.
(2) the local Government shall have the right to their own administrative areas in public spaces to make them objects of tourism, as well as its tourist routes included in the sights (historical centres, cultural objects, cultural monuments, notable person site URu.tml.) for which comprehensive information can provide the tourist guide who has demonstrated professional qualifications.
(3) the local Government shall have the right to issue their own binding rules governing the order in which the tourist guides will affirm their professional qualifications, as well as the tourist attractions and sights, for which the information may be provided to the relevant tourist guide professional qualifications. "
5. in article 16: make the first paragraph by the following: "(1) a tourism operator that organizes complex tourist services required of the client paid in cash security guarantee."
replace the second paragraph, the word "businessman" with the words "tour operator".
6. Add to article 17, the second subparagraph of paragraph 4 by the following: "4) selling complex tourist services, to inform the customer about the tour operator made a cash security deposit guarantee, as well as the associated customer, merchant, and guarantees the rights and obligations of the provider."
7. transitional provisions be supplemented with paragraph 5 and 6 by the following: "5. the article 11 of this law fifth as well as the new version 5.1, 5.2 and 5.3 part shall enter into force on March 1, 2010.
6. The Cabinet of Ministers no later than March 1, 2010 does this law article 11 the provisions referred to in the fifth subparagraph. "
The Parliament adopted the law in 2009 December 10.
President Valdis Zatlers in Riga V 2009 December 30
Search Translated Laws of Latvia