Read the untranslated law here: https://www.vestnesis.lv/ta/id/205246
The Saeima has adopted and the President promulgated the following laws: The agreement between the European Community and its Member States, of the one part, and the Republic of South Africa, of the other part, amending the agreement on trade, development and cooperation in article 1. 2009 September 11 in Kleinmond, South Africa, the agreement signed between the European Community and its Member States, of the one part, and the Republic of South Africa, of the other part, amending the agreement on trade, development and cooperation (hereinafter referred to as the agreement) with this law is adopted and approved.
2. article. Fulfilment of the obligations provided for in the agreement are coordinated by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
3. article. The agreement shall enter into force on its article 4 and for the period specified in the order, and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs shall notify the newspaper "journal".
4. article. The law shall enter into force on the day following its promulgation. By law to be put before the text of the agreement in the Latvian language.
The Parliament adopted the law of 28 January 2010.
The President of the Parliament instead of the President g. Many Riga 2010 17 February ЕВРОПЕЙСКАТА ОБЩНОСТ И СПОРАЗУМЕНИЕ НЕЙНИТЕ ДЪРЖАВИ-МЕЖДУ ЧЛЕНКИ И, ЮЖНА РЕПУБЛИКА ОТ ЕДНА СТРАНА, АФРИКА СТРАНА, ИЗМЕНЕНИЕ, ОТ СПОРАЗУМЕНИЕТО ЗА ДРУГА ЗА РАЗВИТИЕ НА СЪТРУДНИЧЕСТВО ACUERD И ТЪРГОВИЯ, the entre LA COMUNIDAD Europea Y SUS Estados MIEMBRO, POR LA parte, Y una República DE SUDÁFRIC, POR POR EL que SECOND, MODIFIED EL SE ACUERD EN MATERIA DE Comercio Desarrollo Y COOPERACIÓN, The FOREST Of EVROPSKÝM SPOLEČENSTVÍM DOHOD (A) Of The NA JEDNÉ JEH ČLENSKÝM STÁTY A JIHOAFRICKO NA STRANĚ The DRUHÉ STRANĚ KTERO REPUBLIKO, SE MĚNÍ DOHOD O A SPOLUPRÁC OBCHOD, ROZVOJ A MELL Of A EUROPÆISK AFTAL Of FÆLLESSKAB OG By DE DET PÅ EN Side MEDLEMSSTATER DEN OG DEN PÅ DEN ANDEN SYDAFRIKANSK REPUBLIC Of OM ÆNDRING AF AFTALEN Side OM UDVIKLING OG SAMARBEJD-ABKOMMEN HANDEL, ZWISCHEN DER EUROPÄISCHEN Gemeinschaft UND IHREN EINERSEIT In DER MITGLIEDSTAATEN UND ZUR ÄNDERUNG SÜDAFRIK ANDERERSEIT Of The REPUBLIC Will Be UBER ABKOMMEN DES HANDEL ENTWICKLUNG UND ZUSAMMENARBEI, the Euroopa ÜHENDUS ÜHEL POOL a TEM of LIIKMESRIIKID already a NING to lõuna-TEISEL POOL of VABARIIG of VAHELIN of AAFRIK, MILLEG of MUUDETAKS KAUBAND of LEPING-,-if the ΣυμφωνΙα KOOSTÖÖLEPINGU ARENG μεταξΥ τΩν κρατΩν μελΩν ΕυρωπαϊκΗς της ΚοινΟτητας και της αφενΟς και τΗς Δημοκρατίας της,, Νότιας για την τροποποΙηση ΑφρικΗς, αφετέρου, εμπορΙου, ανΑπτυξης και της συμφωνΙας συνεργασΙας agreement BETWEEN the EUROPEAN COMMUNITY AND its MEMBER States, OF the one part , AND The REPUBLIC OF SOUTH Africa, OF The OTHER Part, AMENDING The Agreement ON Trade, Development AND COOPERATION ACCORD Entre LA COMMUNAUTÉ ET SES European MEMBRI, D ' États And Part, ET LA République D'AFRIQUE DU SUD D ', D ', The OTHER On MODIFIAN L ' ACCORD SUR LE Commerce, LE DÉVELOPPEMEN ET LA COOPERATION ACCORD Three LA COMUNITÀ Europea E I MEMBRI, SUO Status In DA LAT, And E LA Repubblica Of SUDAFRICAN , DALLAS ' ALTR, Che L ' ACCORD In The MODIFY Of SCAMB, SUGL LO Sviluppo E LA COOPERAZION The Agreement Between The European Community And Its Member States, Of The One Part, And The Republic Of South Africa, Of The Other Part, Amending The Agreement On Trade, Development And Cooperation In The European BENDRIJO VALSTYBIŲ NARIŲ BEI Jos Is PIETŲ AFRIKO Respublikos SUSITARIM, FROM The PREKYBO, The KEIČIANT Share PLĖTRO BENDRADARBIAVIM MEGÁLLAPODÁ Of The SUSITARIMĄ Is EGYRÉSZRŐL AZ Európai KÖZÖSSÉG ÉS TAGÁLLAM For A DÉL-MÁSRÉSZRŐL In AFRIKA, KÖZTÁRSASÁG KÖZÖT KERESKEDELEMRŐL, ÉS A FEJLESZTÉSRŐL SZÓLÓ MEGÁLLAPODÁ EGYÜTTMŰKÖDÉSRŐL In The AGREEMENT To The IL-KOMUNITÀ BEJN MÓDOSÍTÁSÁRÓL EWROPE U L-ISTAT In The MEMBRI Tagħha, MINN. Naha WAĦD, U R REPUBBLIK TA ' L--Afrika ', MIN-ISFEL Naha LI JEMEND L-OĦR, L-DWAR IL-KUMMERĊ, AGREEMENT In The L-IŻVILUPP U L-KOPERAZZJON In The OVEREENKOMS-GEMEENSCHAP TUSSEN DE LIDSTATEN EN HAAR, EUROPES ENERZIJD, EN DE REPUBLIEK ZUID-Afrika, ANDERZIJD, TOT WIJZIGING VAN DE OVEREENKOMS ONTWIKKELING EN A INZAK Of HANDEL, The WSPÓLNOTĄ EUROPEJSKĄ SAMENWERKING UMOW POMIĘDZY PAŃSTWAM I To Z JEDNEJ JEJU CZŁONKOWSKIM STRONY REPUBLIKĄ AFRICA, A Z DRUGIEJ STRONY POŁUDNIOWEJ, W SPRAWIE HANDLE Of The ZMIENIAJĄC UMOWĘ, ROZWOJ I WSPÓŁPRACY ACORD Entre A COMMISSION Of The COMUNIDAD E OS Estados-Membros SE Of, UM Lado, POR E A República DA África DO SUL, POR Outro, Que Altera O Comércio DE ACORD, ACORD E DESENVOLVIMENT ÎNTR-A The COOPERAÇÃ EUROPEANĂ ŞI COMUNITATE STATEL Is An Ale ACESTEI MEMBRI, PE DE O Parte, ŞI Republica Africa DE SUD DE ALTĂ parte, PE, DE MODIFICAR A ACORDULU in PENTR DEZVOLTAR ŞI COMERŢ, of the Office of the Európskym Dohod COOPERAR medze the jeh štátm spoločenstvom a na jednej stran členským in a Juhoafricko a na druhej republiko stran-ktoro sa mení a dopĺň, a o Dohod, obchod a rozvoj spoluprác SPORAZ of EVROPSK of SKUPNOSTJ of HONEY IN NA are the DRŽAVAM ČLANICAM NJENIM ENI strani MET the REPUBLIC of AFRIKA NA JUŽN strani, O in SPREMEMB DRUG SPORAZUM O TRGOVIN in IN The SODELOVANJ, RAZVOJ EUROOPAN YHTEISÖN SEKÄ ETELÄ-AFRIKAN IF ANCIENT JÄSENVALTIOIDEN VÄLINEN SOPIM TASAVALLAN KEHITYSTÄ For KAUPPA, IF For MUUTTAMISEST AVTAL MELLAN YHTEISTYÖTÄ KOSKEVAN SOPIMUKSEN GEMENSKAPEN OCH Dess Of EUROPEAN MEDLEMSSTATER, OCH Å Ena SIDAN, SYDAFRIK, Å ANDRA REPUBLIKEN SIDAN OM ÄNDRING AV AVTALE, Of The OM SAMARBET OCH UTVECKLING HANDEL, Of The Agreement Between The European Community And Its Member States, Of The One Part, And The Republic Of South Africa, Of The Other Part Amending the agreement on trade, development and cooperation of the Kingdom of Belgium, Republic of Bulgaria, the Czech Republic, the Kingdom of Denmark, the Federal Republic of Germany, the Republic of Estonia, Ireland, the Hellenic Republic, the Kingdom of Spain, the French Republic, the Italian Republic, the Republic of Cyprus, the Republic of Latvia, the Republic of Lithuania, the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg, the Republic of Hungary, Malta, the Netherlands, the Republic of Austria, the Republic of Poland, the Portuguese Republic, Romania, the Republic of Slovenia, the Slovak Republic, the Republic of Finland, the Kingdom of Sweden, the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland Treaty establishing the European Community, the Contracting Parties to the agreement, hereinafter referred to as the "Member States", and the European Community, hereinafter referred to as ' the Community ', and the Republic of South Africa, hereinafter together referred to as "the parties", given that the 1999 11 October, in signed the Pretoria Agreement on trade, development and cooperation between the European Community and its Member States, of the one part, and the Republic of South Africa, of the other part (hereinafter referred to as "NT"), and it entered into force on 1 May 2004;
Given that NT 18. and article 103 provides that during a period of five years from the date of entry into force of the agreement will be reviewed; The parties completed the review in 2004 and 23 November 2004, the joint cooperation Council statement expressed the need to make certain amendments to the NT;
In view of the fact that the review of the provisions NTOS concerning trade and trade-related matters, is the subject of the negotiations on the economic partnership agreement between the European Union and the Southern African countries;
Considering that it is a joint action plan designed to implement the Republic of South Africa and the European Union strategic partnership, and it is for the expansion of cooperation between the parties in many areas;
HAVE AGREED ON THE FOLLOWING.
1. Article with this NT are amended as follows.
1) the preamble adds a new sixth recital: "Recognizing the importance of the multilateral disarmament and non-proliferation Treaty, all aspects of the system, and that all of it should be achieved in the implementation of the obligations arising, the parties wish to include in the agreement a clause which will allow them to interact and create political dialogue on these issues.".
2) agreement article 2, the first subparagraph shall be replaced by the following: "the principles of democracy and human rights, as set out in the Universal Declaration of human rights, and the rule of law, as well as cooperation on disarmament and non-proliferation of weapons of mass destruction, as specified in article 91 1 and 2, is the Foundation of the European Union and the Republic of South Africa to the internal and external policy and is an essential component of this agreement.".
3. Article 55 of the agreement) shall be replaced by the following: ' article 55 information society and ICT 1. the parties agree to cooperate in the development of the information society and as an integral part of the socio-economic development tool of the information age to use information and communication technologies (ICT). The purpose of this cooperation are: (a) to promote an integrated and on) development-oriented information society development;
(b)) to support the ICT sector growth and development, including MVMU1;
(c)) to promote cooperation in this area both in the Southern African region at national level, both in General – to the continental scale.
2. this cooperation shall include the exchange of information, dialogue and possible technical assistance for various aspects related to the information society. The following aspects are, for example: (a) the policy, regulatory framework), an innovative and comprehensive applications and services, skills development;
(b)) to facilitate mutual cooperation between regulatory authorities, public authorities, economic operators and civil society organisations;
c) new institutions, including research and education network, the objective of which is the interconnection of networks and interoperability of applications;
(d)) of joint research promotion and implementation, project technological developments in the field of new technologies related to the information society.
Projects that are based on mutual cooperation in the above areas and that the parties have co-opted, should be implemented in the context of the development cooperation program. ".
4. Article 57 of the agreement) is hereby amended as follows: (a) the introductory phrase of the first paragraph) shall be replaced by the following: ' 1. The objective of cooperation in this field, inter alia, to: ";
b) of paragraph 2 of article 3 is replaced by the following: "2. the cooperation shall be aimed in particular at: (a)) to support the appropriate energy policies, regulatory framework and the development of infrastructure in the Republic of South Africa;
b) diversifying energy sources to ensure the energy security of the Republic of South Africa;
(c) to improve the energy supply companies) operating standards in technical, economic, environmental and financial terms, in particular electricity and liquid fuels industry;
(d) to promote local competencies), especially with General training and technical training;
e) the development of new and renewable energy sources and improving infrastructure in order to meet the needs of the country and the energy demand and supply;
(f)) to promote the rational use of energy in buildings and industry, in particular by promoting energy efficiency;
(g)) to promote environmentally friendly and cleaner energy technology exchanges and mutual exploitation;
(h)) to promote the improvement of the regulatory framework of the energy sector in the Southern African region;
I) fostering regional cooperation in the field of energy in South Africa. "
c) article 57, the following paragraph is added: ' 3. the cooperation shall include measures of the Republic of South Africa, carried out in the framework of the European Union energy initiative for poverty eradication and sustainable development, the Johannesburg Plan of implementation targets and the UN Commission for sustainable development. ".
5. Article 58 of the agreement) is hereby amended as follows: (a)) (a) of paragraph 1 of article), the term "health and safety" shall be replaced by the term "health, safety and environment";
(b) of paragraph 1 of article) (b)), the second sentence is replaced by the following text: "With cooperation should be mutually beneficial investment environment to attract industry, in particular SMEs, and 2 it should be involved in the community, which in the past were less favourable conditions. ';
(c) article) the following subparagraph shall be added: "(d)) to support policies and programmes to promote the mineral enrichment in place, and thus to create cooperation opportunities in the mineral enrichment industry.";
(d)) of article d) numbered as paragraph 1 (e));
e) referred to in paragraph 2 of article before the word "under" add the following text "and the African mining partnership (AMP)".
6. Article 59 of the agreement) is hereby amended as follows: (a)) (b) of paragraph 1 of article) after the words "to include the words" create "and";
(b)) (c) of article), the words "air and sea traffic" shall be replaced by the words "air, rail and maritime traffic safety";
(c) of paragraph 2 of article) the following points shall be added: "(d)) the exchange of information and cooperation in the improvement of transport safety and security policies and practices, in particular in the areas of maritime, aviation and land transport sectors, including the intermodal goods flows;
e) transport policy and the harmonisation of regulatory systems, implementing a more intensive political dialogue between the competent authorities and exchanges of regulatory and operational know-how;
(f) development partnership) global navigation satellite system, including in the field of research and technological development, and to use them in sustainable development. ".
7) the following article shall be inserted: ' article 59A 1. Sea transport to promote the development of the shipping industry, the Parties shall encourage their competent authorities, shipping companies, port authorities, relevant research, maritime transport and clearing companies, logistics companies, universities and universities cooperate in the following areas, but not limited to: a) exchange views on any points of your activities in connection with international maritime transport organizations;
(b) develop and improve) legislation on maritime transport and market management;
(c) to promote effective international) maritime transport services trade, effectively using and managing ports and fleets of the parties;
(d) to implement internationally binding) maritime safety standards and legal provisions as well as to prevent pollution of the sea;
e) promote education and training in the maritime sector, and in particular the training of seafarers;
f) Exchange personnel, scientific information and technology;
(g)) to strengthen the efforts in promoting maritime security.
2. the parties reaffirm the strong commitment to the relevant international conventions which they have ratified and which regulate hazardous biological and chemical and nuclear transports, and they agree on cooperation in these areas, both in bilateral and multilateral fora.
3. cooperation in this respect can happen to jointly create the ability promotion programmes for safety and the environment. "
8) agreement article 60 is amended as follows: (a)) (c) of paragraph 1 of article) is replaced by the following: "(c) to promote products, markets), the structure of human resources and institutional development";
b) of paragraph 1 of article e) shall be replaced by the following: "e) to cooperate in tourism development and public promotion";
(c)) of article e) shall be replaced by the following: "(e) promoting regional cooperation) and continental level.".
9. Article 65 of the agreement) is hereby amended as follows: (a) in paragraph 1, the words) "political dialogue and partnership in the context of" shall be replaced by the words "political dialogue, partnership and effective in the context of assistance";
(b)) at the end of paragraph 3, add the following text "and in particular to achieve the Millennium Development Goals (MDGs)".
10) the following article shall be inserted: ' (A) Article 65. Millennium development goals from the party reaffirms commitment to the prescribed time limit, namely until the year 2015, to meet the Millennium development goals. In addition, in order to fulfil the commitments adopted at Monterrey on financing for development and achieving the 3 implementation plan in Johannesburg (WSSD) 4 goals, the parties agree to double your efforts. The parties also expressed continued support to the African Union and its socio-economic programme and jointly mobilize resources for its implementation. "
11. Article 66 of the agreement) is hereby amended as follows: (a)) of paragraph 1 of article 2 is replaced by the following: "1. Development cooperation under the relevant EU instruments of cooperation will determine the multi-annual programming documents which have reached common agreement, including joint programming documents, which will be agreed by the EU Member States.";
(b)) in the text of article "the non-governmental development partners and actors ' shall be replaced by" non-State actors ";
(c)) in paragraph 3, the word "previously" shall be deleted.
67. Article 12 of the agreement) shall be replaced by the following: ' article 67 eligible beneficiaries of the cooperation partners eligible for financial and technical assistance, is a national, provincial and municipal administrations, public institutions, non-State actors, as well as regional and international organizations and institutions. ".
13. Article 68 of the agreement) is hereby amended as follows: (a) in paragraph 1 of article) "audit and monitoring missions" shall be replaced by the text ", the monitoring and other missions") (b) of paragraph 2 of article c), the words "non-governmental organization" shall be replaced by the words "non-governmental participant".
c) in paragraph 4, the words "may be required to unity and complementarity …" shall be replaced by the words "will seek to ensure coherence and complementarity …"
69. Article 14) of the agreement shall be amended as follows: (a) in paragraph 1 of article) deleted the text "... based on specific objectives, taken from article 66 priorities listed in...";
(b)) in the article text, the multi-annual indicative programme "shall be replaced by" determine the particular program agreements and/or agreements ".
15. Article 71 of the agreement) is hereby amended as follows: (a) in paragraph 1 of article) the words "financing proposal shall be replaced by the wording" in the "action plan";
(b) in paragraph 2 of article) "financing proposal" is replaced by "action plan".
16. Article 73 of the agreement) is hereby amended as follows: (a)) in the text of article "in South Africa and the ACP States ' shall be replaced by" in South Africa, the ACP countries as well as countries and territories eligible under the EC rules on attached to the abolition of the aid ";
(b)) in the wording of article "South Africa or ACP countries" shall be replaced by the wording "in South Africa, the ACP States or the countries and territories that are eligible in accordance with the EC provisions on the abolition of the aid" attached to it.
17. Article 76 of the agreement) the wording "Cooperation Council" shall be replaced by "Council of Ministers".
18. Article 77 of the agreement) the wording "Cooperation Council" shall be replaced by "Council of Ministers".
19. Article 79 of the agreement) is hereby amended as follows: (a) the title of the article): the word "main";
(b) the text of the article), the words "the Chief authorising officer" shall be replaced by the word "authorising officer".
20. Article 82 of the agreement) be deleted in paragraph 2, first sentence.
83. Article 21) of the agreement shall be replaced by the following: ' article 83. Science and technology
1. in November 1997 the conclusion of an agreement on cooperation in science and technology and, on the basis of this agreement, as well as other relevant instruments in the field of science and technology, the parties will mutually beneficial partnership, encouraging cooperation within the European Union framework programmes. Particular attention will focus on the parties, to use science and technology of the Republic of South Africa for sustainable growth and development in accordance with the provisions of this agreement and to move forward the global sustainable development, as well as in the implementation of the programme, to increase Africa's potential in science and technology.
To prioritize science and technology cooperation, the Parties shall regularly engage in a dialogue.
2. During the cooperation, among other addresses the following issues: Science and technology for poverty alleviation programmes; Exchange of experience between science and technology policy; partnership in scientific research and innovation to support economic cooperation and promote the creation of jobs; cooperation in global frontier research programmes and global research infrastructures; support for African continental and regional science and technology programmes; Science and technology in multilateral dialogue and partnerships; multilateral and bilateral cooperation, the use of synergies in the fields of science and technology; human capital development and global mobility of researchers; harmonised and mēķorientēt approach in specific science and technology topic areas, which the parties have jointly determined. ".
84. Article 22) of the agreement shall be amended as follows: (a) article) the following shall be added at the end of "including the United Nations and other multilateral forums." in paragraph 3 (b)) after the words "water quality monitoring" add the words "air quality"; the words "greenhouse gas emissions" are replaced by "the causes of climate change and impacts.".
23) Article 85 of the agreement shall be replaced by the following: ' article 85 culture 1. General provisions, political dialogue (a)) with a view to enhancing mutual understanding and knowledge of the South African Republic and the cultures of the Member States of the European Union (s), the parties undertake to cooperate in the field of culture.
(b)) the Parties shall seek to engage kultūrpolitik in dialogue, particularly in the context of strengthening the competitiveness of cultural industries and the development of the Republic of South Africa and the European Union.
2. Cultural diversity and intercultural dialogue, the parties undertake to cooperate in the relevant international fora (e.g. UNESCO) to promote the protection of cultural diversity and to promote intercultural dialogue at the international level.
3. co-operation and Exchange in the field of culture the Parties shall promote cooperation in the cultural process, participation in events and cultural exchanges among cultural operators in the Republic of South Africa and the European Union. ".
24. Article 86 of the agreement) the first paragraph shall be replaced by the following: "1. the parties will engage in a dialogue on employment and social policy. This dialogue, inter alia, issues related to the social problems of the pēcaparteīd society, poverty alleviation, decent work for all, social protection, unemployment, gender equality, violence against women, children, the disabled, the elderly, youth, labour relations, public health, labor and population security. ".
25) agreement article 90 shall be replaced by the following: ' article 90 illegal cooperation in the fight against drugs 1. under the respective powers and competences the Parties shall cooperate to ensure a balanced and integrated approach to tackling the drug problem. Policies and activities in the field of drugs is to restrict illegal drug supply, trade and demand and limit the use of precursors.
2. the Parties shall agree on means of cooperation in the attainment of these objectives. Actions based on the principles agreed in the United Nations General Assembly Special session on drugs in 1998, fully respecting the fundamental rights of the people. ".
91. Article 26) of the agreement shall be amended as follows: (a)) the title is replaced by the following: "personal data protection";
b) of paragraph 1 of article 3 is replaced by the following: "1. the Parties shall cooperate to ensure the protection of personal data in accordance with the highest international standards, such as, inter alia, in accordance with the guidelines on electronic files of personal data, as amended in 1990 20 November did the UN General Assembly, and to facilitate the exchange of data under the national legislation in force in, following the highest international standards, including the protection of fundamental rights."
(c) paragraph 3 is deleted).
27) the following articles shall be inserted: "article 91 of the weapons of mass destruction and their delivery means 1. subject to this issue in international stability and security, the parties agree to cooperate and to contribute to multilateral disarmament and non-proliferation Treaty system, and in this context, the fight against all types of WMD and their means of delivery, and fully respecting their countries in implementing existing commitments under international treaties and agreements and other relevant international obligations.
2. the parties also agree to cooperate in the implementation of these objectives and to invest in this regard: a) taking measures to duly signed, ratified, or join the all relevant international instruments on disarmament and non-proliferation, as well as the full implementation of and compliance with all international, legally binding documents;
(b) create and/or maintain) an effective national export control system; controlling weapons of mass destruction related goods exports and transit, including making weapons of mass destruction has dual use technology for end use control and determining the effective measures, including those based on the provisions of the criminal law to prevent the export control regulations.
3. The parties agree that this article is the first and the second point is one of the fundamental elements of this agreement. The parties agree to launch regular political dialogue that will accompany and consolidate their cooperation in this field in accordance with the principles set out in the preamble.
91. (B) article 1 of the fight against terrorism the parties strongly condemns any terrorist activities, techniques and practice them in any expression or manner as criminal activity, which is not justified, to which they occur and to what they would have done.
2. the parties Furthermore firmly recognise that terrorism cannot be eradicated if not fundamentally address the factors that contribute to the spread of terrorism. The parties reaffirm the strong commitment to develop and implement a comprehensive programme of action intended to eliminate these factors. The parties stressed that the fight against terrorism, fully respecting international law, human rights and refugee law, and all measures must be firmly based on the rule of law. The parties stress that effective measures against terrorism and the protection of human rights are not conflicting goals, but complementary and mutually reinforcing.
3. the parties stressed the UN counter-terrorism strategy and expresses a desire to move towards this goal. They will make every effort to reach agreement as soon as possible in the context of a comprehensive Convention on international terrorism.
4. the parties agree to cooperate in preventing acts of terrorism and oppression under the Charter of the United Nations and international law, relevant conventions and instruments and in accordance with the relevant laws and regulations. This cooperation shall in particular: (a)) jointly implementing UN Security Council resolution 1373 (2001) and no other relevant UN resolutions, and applicable international conventions and documents;
(b)) through the exchange of information on terrorist groups and their support networks in accordance with the mutual agreement and under international and national law;
c) exchange of views on means and methods used to counter terrorism, including in technical fields and training, and exchange of experience in the area of prevention of terrorism.
91. Article C, money laundering and terrorism financing 1. the parties agree on the necessity of making every effort and cooperating in order to prevent their overall financial systems for laundering of proceeds from criminal activities, and in particular in relation to offences relating to illegal drugs and psychotropic substances.
2. cooperation in this area may include administrative and technical assistance with the aim of promoting the implementation of the rules and the proper functioning of standards and mechanisms for anti-money laundering and combating the financing of terrorism and which are equivalent to international standards, in particular the financial action task force (FATF) recommendations adopted.
91. Article D fighting organised crime
The parties agree to cooperate in the fight against organised crime and financial crime, including corruption. The aim of such cooperation is primarily to implement and promote international standards and agreements, such as the UN Convention against transnational organised crime and its protocols, as well as accompanying the UN Convention against corruption.
91. article E light and small arms, the parties recognise that small arms and light weapons, illegal production, possession, holding and trading, as well as the excessive accumulation of weapons and uncontrolled proliferation continues to be a major contributing factor to instability, as well as a threat to security, safety and sustainable development. To this end, the parties agree to continue and develop close cooperation to prevent, combat and eradicate illicit small arms and light weapons in all its aspects under the UN programme of action (UNPo), and address the issue of small arms and light weapons the excessive accumulation. The parties agree to strictly observe and fully implement their obligations under international law, relevant conventions, as well as their competence, expressed in the relevant multilateral agreements.
91. Article F mercenaries under the obligations of the parties in international conventions and documents, as well as under the relevant laws and regulations, implementing such obligations, undertake to start regular political dialogue and to cooperate to prevent with mercenary activities.
91. Article G of the International Criminal Court, the parties committed themselves to ending impunity, and to promote international peace and security, as well as to promote the international rule of law and lasting respect for, reaffirms its support for the International Criminal Court and its work. In addition, the parties agree to cooperate to promote the Rome Statute and related document integrity and universality, and improve cooperation with the International Criminal Court, as well as to promote its activities.
91. Article H cooperation migration 1. Migration is a comprehensive dialogue, a topic that reflects the great importance which the parties attach to this issue.
In order to ensure respect for human rights and the Elimination of all forms of discrimination, in particular based on origin, sex, race, language and religion, the parties reaffirms the commitment under international law to implement existing commitments migration.
2. to strengthen the cooperation between the Parties, in this dialogue include a wide and comprehensive range of issues, including the following issues: (a)) fair treatment of nationals of other countries who reside legally in their territories, integration policy, which aims to align the rights and obligations of their nationals rights and responsibilities, promoting non-discrimination in economic, social and cultural life and developing preventive measures against racism and xenophobia and similar forms of violence and intolerance;
(b)) in relation to working conditions, remuneration and dismissal for EU Member States ' treatment of the Republic of South Africa workers who are legally employed in its territory, must be the same as against the nationals of the Member States concerned. South Africa also show an equivalent non-discriminatory treatment of EU workers who are legally employed in its territory;
c) mutual interest in visa matters; including ease of entry procedures for nationals of South Africa, visiting the EU as well as EU nationals visiting the Republic of South Africa;
d) travel documents security and identity issues;
e) linkages between migration and development, including:-strategies aimed at reducing poverty, improving living and working conditions, job creation and skills development, encouraging the participation of migrants, their countries of origin, cooperation in the development of the capacity development, particularly in health and education sector to reduce the intellectual impact of labour migration on the sustainable development of the Republic of South Africa, as well as – ways to facilitate legitimate, quick and cheap credit transfers;
f) national law and practice of international protection and to comply with the requirements set out in the UN Convention on the status of refugees and its 1967 Protocol, and to ensure compliance with the principle of non-refoulement;
g) to create an effective and preventive policy in order to prevent illegal immigration, smuggling of migrants and human trafficking, including the trafficking of the carrier and the method the dealer network, and for the protection of victims;
h) issues related to border control, including capacity-building, training, exchange of best practices between and technical assistance;
(I) the return and readmission) all issues, including the need to ensure a return to humane, respectful encroaching in full respect of fundamental rights, as well as to promote voluntary return.
3. (a)), the purpose of which is the prevention of illegal immigration, and reduction, the parties agree on reciprocal readmission of illegal migrants. To this end:-each Member State of the European Union after the South African's request and without further formalities accept the return of and readmission of any of its nationals who are illegally present in the territory of the Republic of South Africa;
-South Africa by relevant EU Member State's request and without further formalities accept the return of and readmission of any of its nationals who are illegally present in the territory of a EU Member State.
EU Member States and South Africa for this purpose will provide their nationals with appropriate identity documents. If in doubt about a person's nationality or identity, the parties agree to identify the potential of their country nationals.
b) if requested by one of the parties, negotiations are launched, the aim of which is to determine in good faith and with due regard for the relevant rules of international law, bilateral agreements governing specific obligations for the readmission and nationals of parties to return. If deemed necessary by any of the parties, these agreements can also include measures for third-country nationals and stateless persons for readmission. Such agreements will lay down the categories of persons covered by these measures, as well as their readmission and return policy. ".
28. Article 94 of the agreement) shall be replaced by the following: ' article 94 grants financial assistance in the form of grants awarded from the financial resources allocated by the Community budget line for resources development and measures of international cooperation contained in the budget headings concerned. Application and approval procedures, the implementation and monitoring/evaluation will be carried out in accordance with the General rules for the budget headings concerned. ".
29. Protocol 1 of the agreement) in annex IV of the Republic of South Africa language versions shall be amended as follows: "Die uitvoerder van die Text product is the documentation (gedek deur hierd doeanemagtiging From ... (1) verklaar dat, uitgesonderd waar) of aangedu, hierd duidelik andersin products» van ... voorkeuroorsprong (2) ' shall be replaced by the text "Die uitvoerder van die gedek deur hierd the documentation of the product (doeanemagtigingsn. ... (1)) verklaar dat, behalw waar duidelik Anders aangedu of the word, the products of van hierd ... voorkeuroorsprong (2) is ".
Article 2 this Protocol is drawn up in duplicate in the Bulgarian, Czech, English, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Dutch, Hungarian, Italian, Latvian, Lithuanian, Maltese, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish languages and the official language of the Republic of South Africa, other than English, namely sepedi, Sesoth, Setswan, siSwat, Tshivend, Xitsong, Afrikaans, Xhosa: unisiZul isiNdebel, the languages, all these texts being equally authentic.
3. Article 1 this agreement in accordance with their own procedures approved by the community, the Member States and South Africa.
2. the Parties shall notify each other of the referred to in paragraph 1, the relevant procedures have been completed. Approval shall be deposited with the General Secretariat of the Council of the European Union.
Article 4 of this Agreement shall enter into force on the first day of the month following the month in which the parties have notified each other of the completion of the necessary procedures.
1 small, micro and medium-sized enterprises small and medium-sized enterprises 2 3 International Conference on financing for development held in Monterrey, Mexico in March 2002; the Monterrey consensus was reached and adopted a commitment for future financing of development aid and poverty eradication worldwide.
4 World Summit on sustainable development.
Съставено в Клейнмонд, Южна Африка, на единадесети септември две хиляди и девета година.
Hecho en Kleinmond, Sudáfric, once a de septiembr de DOS mil Nueva.
(V) Kleinmond, Jihoafrická Republika, DNA is the jedenáctéh devě of the DVA tisíc září.
Udfærdige i Sydafrik, den ellevt Kleinmond, in september to tusind og in ni.
Geschehen zu Kleinmond, Südafrik, am elften September zweitausendneun.
Kleinmond, lõuna-Sõlmitud Aafrik, tuhand üheksand of the aast-kah-September üheteistkümnendal päeval.
Νότια Αφρική, Kleinmond, ΄Εγινε στο ένδεκα δύο χιλιάδες εννιά στις Σεπτεμβρίου.
Done at Kleinmond, South Africa, on the eleventh day of September in the year two thousand and nine.
Fait à Kleinmond, Africa du Sud, le deux Mille of September the Onza Neuf.
Fatt (a) Kleinmond, Sud Africa, addì undic a settembre duemilanove.
Kleinmond, South Africa, the two thousand year 9th September eleventh.
Priimt of the Kleinmond, Afriko Pietų tūkstanči devintų Respublika, du rugsėj metų vienuoliktą dieną for the.
Kel Kleinmondban, the Dél-Afrikában, a napján év hónapjának tizenegyedik szeptember 2009.
Magħmul fi Kleinmond, l-Afrika ', Phil-ħdax-YL Isfel you ta ' Settembr fis-Sena elfejn u of disgħ.
Gedaan te Kleinmond, Zuid-Afrika, op de dag van elfd is september in het jaara tweeduizend not gen.
The Sporządzon w Południowej Africa in Kleinmond, Republic of jedenasteg the dni września DWA tysiąc dziewiąteg by hand.
Kleinmond, em África appoints Pieter Feith do Sul, AOS Onza de Setembr de DOIs mil e Nove.
Închei a la Kleinmond, la unsprezec de Sud Africa, a două Mia in the September nouă.
V jedenásteh Južnej v Afrika in Kleinmond, a dvetisícdeväť.
V Južn v Afrika in Kleinmond, enajsteg September dvatisočdeve.
Tehty Kleinmondiss, Afrikass, yhdentenätoist Etelä-syyskuut of vuonn of kaksituhattayhdeksän of päivänä.
SOM i, Sydafrik Kleinmond skedd, Dan tjugohundrani of the elft september åren.
Search Translated Laws of Latvia