Read the untranslated law here: https://www.vestnesis.lv/ta/id/205971
The Saeima has adopted and the President promulgated the following laws: Law 1 article archives. The terms used in the law, the law is applied in the following terms: 1) Description: the description unit (or its components) content atklāst the Archive document analysis or comparison to fixed it for the identification and explanation of context information required;
2) Archive document: a document that permanently or temporarily stored to an archive, the arhīvisk values;
3) arhīvisk value, the document content or significance the probative value, assessed in terms of this law;
4) archive: a) the set of documents, irrespective of the date of emergence of documents, forms, and information media environment builds up, store and use the values arhīvisk, b) a public or private law legal person or body that the law makes the Archive document storage, conservation and ensure availability;
5) storage the depositary — the national documentary heritage includes the individual temporary storage of documents in the national archives of Latvia;
6) document destruction — permanent or its information media;
7 the evaluation document) document set or document analysis to be carried out, subject to the requirements of this law, to determine whether the document has a arhīvisk value, and document storage period;
8) — information that occurred, or converted into a different form, on any medium, suggesting continuing, changing, or removing an action, and which support these activities;
9) use of documents — documents the search of information, research and the use of scientific, economic, social, legal and other purposes;
10) document management-management, which provides public document creation, receiving, registering, filing, classification, evaluation, control, storage and access to storage in the transfer institution's archives, as well as the destruction of the documents, which do not have the arhīvisk values;
11) document availability — law certain rights, as well as reference systems provide opportunities and features search, extraction and exploitation;
12) — document storage and document the process for the technical and intellectual conservation, including preventive protection, preservation and transfer to new media;
13) document system — structured data set that contains data about the public document creation, reception, registration, storage, use and disposal;
14) documents aggregation-targeted archive package additions;
15) for a document, in accordance with the procedure laid down in this Act in electronic form into the document for storage in an electronic environment;
16) institution institution or a private individual everyone that with external laws or public contract, certain governmental authority (including the National President, Parliament, Cabinet of Ministers, the National Audit Office, the Ombudsman, the Bank of Latvia, municipalities and other derived public law legal person, direct or in direct administrative authority, the Central Land Commission, the Central Election Commission, the Prosecutor's Office, Court, notary, bailiff), as well as State or municipal corporation , a corporation in which the State or a municipality holds capital shares (shares);
the use of CC-17) in the copy of the document that you create to archive users could use it and thus be protected document the original physical condition;
18) security: a copy of the document that is created to document the original loss or damage the information stored in the document;
19) constantly kept in the document, the document that is stored in accordance with the law forever;
20) private document, individuals Act created or received;
21) public institution document created or received in the result document;
22) temporarily stored in the document, the document that established short-term (up to 10 years) or long-term (more than 10 years), the period of storage;
23) reference system-search features and interrelated set of systems based on uniform methods of classification and description, and contains data on the archive, document composition, content, and information search.
2. article. The purpose of the law the law aims to ensure the national documentary heritage building, storage, evaluation, preservation, availability and use of implementing the appropriate document and archive management.
3. article. The scope of the law, the law refers to any institution, as well as in the cases specified in this Act, to individuals whose property contains the document with the value arhīvisk.
4. article. Institutions document and archive management (1) the institution is obliged to perform document management, ensuring: 1) documenting their activities, authentic, reliable and integrated activity creation — according to the corresponding institution of the functions and tasks laid down;
2) document system;
3) document management internal control and monitoring;
4) document storage, use and accessibility to surrender to authorities in the archives.
(2) the institution shall be obliged to make the institution archives management, ensuring: 1) document the evaluation according to the Authority's functions, to determine: (a)) and temporarily stored in documents, (b)) at the time a stored document retention period;
2) permanently and temporarily stored the document description and the bodies accumulated in the archives document reference system;
3) documents in the archives of the institutions or accredited private archive, ensuring the conservation and protection of these documents: (a) permanently stored documents) — until their transfer to permanent storage in the country Latvian National Archives, (b)) to the time stored documents — to determine the end of the period of storage and disposal;
4) availability and use of documents, including the issue of persons, copies of documents, statements, transcripts for all of the documents held by the basic law.
(3) the institution has an obligation to coordinate with the Latvian National Archives document classification, document retention, reference system, as well as the destruction of documents prior to the destruction of documents.
(4) documents for personal or professional and student parties, including student, things kept in 75 years.
(5) the head of the institution is responsible for the institution of public documents and archives management order.
(6) the Authority shall have the right to be the Latvian National Archives advice and methodological help document and archive management.
(7) the cabinet shall determine the public document and archive management arrangements, criteria documents the institution retention and technical requirements for saving documents in the archives of the institutions (hereinafter referred to as the document and archive management).
5. article. The duties of private individuals in document management (1) private law legal or natural person engaged in professional activities (individual medical practitioner, surveyors, etc.) and associations of persons in the cases stipulated by law, ensure its performance into the retention and availability, as well as by other persons shall be issued, at the request of that person cognition and certified copies of documents, transcripts and statements required by law in the cases specified in the law of evidence and advocacy.
(2) the cabinet shall determine the order in which private documents with arhīvisk value of marketable Latvian National Archives legal personality in the event of liquidation.
(3) article 4 of this law, the seventh part of the Cabinet of Ministers rules of private documents and archives management is voluntary if the law does not stipulate otherwise.
6. article. Service of documents deposited in the permanent national (1) documents with arhīvisk values that are selected for permanent storage, are passed to the permanent state of the Latvian National Archives storing not later than 15 years after their creation or receipt, if in this or another Act provides otherwise.
(2) the electronic document and the document containing the information to form a picture or sound, and that visible and usable with appropriate equipment (audiovisual and cinematographic documents, photos and sound document) are released to the public in a permanent storage in the archives of Latvian National no later than five years after their creation or receipt, if another law provides otherwise.
(3) documents that are required for the functions and duties of the institutions for longer than the first or the second part, the permanent national storage transfer after their use in the institutions is no longer required.
(4) in the third subparagraph, in the case referred to in the document storage period may be extended, if the document is provided to the appropriate storage conditions and in the Latvian National Archives received permission of the Cabinet of Ministers.
(5) documents, which, in accordance with article 13 of this law, the second subparagraph of paragraph 3 a specific accessibility limitations, permanent public possession of Latvian National Archives transfer after the limitation period of availability.
(6) the cabinet shall determine the order in which the institution shall transfer the documents and reference systems in constant state of Latvian National Archives storing the time limits referred to in this article, as well as in cases, when documents are transferred to permanent storage in the State Archives of Latvia national storage before they expire.
(7) public documents in the national permanent storage only in the Latvian National Archives, except for the cases provided by law.
(8) the Authority shall have the right to receive free of charge the Latvian National Archive of certified copies of the documents which the institution concerned has deposited its instrument of national standing.
7. article. The bodies of the ECSC and reorganizējam saving documents (1) the assets of the institutions permanently reorganizējam and stored documents not multiple and is a candidate for the permanent storage of the country's national archives in Latvia organised manner according to document and archive management.
(2) the institutions of the ECSC and reorganizējam temporarily store documents are released to the institutions of the rights and obligations to the transferee. If the institution does not have the rights and obligations of the transferee, temporarily store documents are deposited in the national archives in Latvia.
(3) the decision on reorganization of the institution by the Latvian National Archive proposal is determined at the time the document stored in the storage location in the future.
(4) if the authority is dissolved or ceases to exist as a result of the reorganisation, which consistently documents stored in the national archives in Latvia financed from the corresponding institution of the State or local government funds.
(5) on the liquidation or reorganizējam bodies temporarily stored document retention and protection are the responsibility of the institution concerned for the driver, the rights and obligations of the transferee or the liquidator.
8. article. Arhīvisk value of the document (1) the arhīvisk value of the evaluation process, the following criteria: 1) reflects the activities of public administration, public policy development and implementation;
2) document is lasting use in the institutions or individuals for the implementation of the obligations and rights and protection;
3) document is historical, social, cultural or scientific significance;
4) origins and external characteristics;
5) reflects the event or the specific character of the facts;
6) the importance of the document's author.
(2) the arhīvisk value of the document procedures regulated by the Cabinet of Ministers.
9. article. Public documents conversion (1) Latvian National Archives and institutions have the right to convert the public documents in electronic form for storage in an electronic environment, subject to the following provisions: 1) the resulting document provides public document contents and metadata and rendering;
2 the resulting document) provides a public document integrity — is a complete and unchanged;
3) is provided for in the document's authenticity and compliance with the public document;
4) conversion process includes verification and control, to ensure the compliance of the resulting document a public document;
5) conversion process, the document is protected against unauthorized access, changes or additions;
6) conversion process is documented.
(2) the cabinet shall determine any public documents are converted into electronic form for storage in an electronic environment, the conversion of the technical requirements, as well as the order in which to store the retrieved documents are destroyed and converted the public documents.
10. article. The resulting document legal effect (1) the resulting document has the same legal effect as the original public document, unless another law provides otherwise.
(2) Obtain a copy of the document, copy or statement in paper form has the same legal force as a public document, if the copy, transcript or extract of the correctness of the stated the head of the institution or his delegate, and copies of the transcript or statement issued upon request for documents may be produced in electronic form and corresponds to the requirements of this law.
11. article. The public destruction of documents (1) the public documents in accordance with the procedure laid down in this law, converted into electronic form for storage in an electronic environment, be destroyed, except for in the second paragraph of this article, in certain cases.
(2) not to destroy such electronic form into public documents: 1) which the external characteristics or origin is a historic, public, cultural or scientific significance;
2) containing information to form a picture or sound (audiovisual and cinematographic documents, photos and sound documents);
3) which you want according to the provisions of the Act or other necessary institutions or individuals for duty and for the implementation of the law.
12. article. Archive document access and use (1) the Latvian National Archives, archives and institutions of akreditēto private archives stored documents or certified copies thereof are freely accessible and usable by the person for the available archives in accordance with the procedure laid down in this Act, if it does not limit the availability of the law. A person has the right to request and use documents, submit a written request and indicating the personal identification document.
(2) the Latvian National Archives, archives and institutions of akreditēto private archives has the right to request and obtain information about yourself and the dead relatives or spouses, presenting a personal identification document and a kinship or marriage documents. Another individual or the public has the right to request and obtain information on the subject of personal data, where it received written permission, as well as the cases stipulated by law. The person who requests the information presented in the data subject's written permission and is responsible for the veracity and the use of the information received.
(3) the Latvian National Archives, the archives of the institutions or accredited private archive accumulated documents protected by copyright or related rights (audiovisual and cinematographic documents, photographs, sound, or other documents), a person uses, subject to the requirements of copyright law.
(4) national archives of Latvia, institutions and accredited private archive are public documents available to create and maintain a publicly available free reference system.
(5) in the first subparagraph provided the archive copy of the document certified in public has the same effect as the original.
(6) a Person under legal request from the archive the original document, this document, save and return to the archive. On the date of the original document shall be drawn up in writing and contract specifying the conditions for issuing the document and deadline. After the archive request for funds made by the person concerned with a copy of the security that is stored up for the return of the original document to the archive.
(7) the Latvian National Archives, the archives of the institution or akreditēto private archives documents stored procedure archives defines the Latvian National Archives Director, the head of the institution or an accredited private archive founder. In accordance with the law, is responsible for compliance with this policy.
(8) the Latvian National Archives, archives and institutions of akreditēto private archives public documents stored personal archives available to use free of charge. If the person with the archived documents may be consulted only by using special archive equipment (audiovisual, cinematographic and sound documents), the use of such documents in the archives may be charged a fee, which shall be determined by the Cabinet of Ministers.
13. article. Archive document accessibility and usage restrictions (1) a document provided in this article limits the availability of the Latvian National Archives, institutions and accredited private archive in such a manner that they do not conflict with individual rights and freedoms, notably privacy.
(2) availability is limited: 1) documents containing State secrets, in accordance with the regulations;
2) documents, which limits the availability of other laws;
3) public documents that are generated or received at the State security bodies, the Ministry of Defense, Ministry of Foreign Affairs, the Ministry of the Interior, the corruption prevention and combating Bureau, Office of the President, the national registry or stored in the Latvian National Archives, which contain with national security, defense or Foreign Affairs, related information, the disclosure of which could cause harm to State or public interests. These documents the authorities concerned can determine the overall driver of 30 years the limitation period of availability;
4) documents containing sensitive personal data or information about a person's private life (including information on the person's adoption and notarial activities supporting information) if the personal data contained therein or use of information can significantly interfere with a person's private life. If other laws are not intended to limit the availability of such documents is limited to 30 years from the death of the person to which the document relates. If a person's date of death is not possible, the accessibility is limited to 110 years after the birth of the person to which the document relates. If it is not possible to find not death nor birth date, document availability is limited to 75 years after creation of the document;
5) private papers, which limits the availability of the period established by the owner.
(3) documents that determine accessibility limitations, allowed to use: 1) after pre-trial investigation authorities, Prosecutor's Office, the courts or other public person request, in the cases stipulated by law;
2) at the request of the scientific researchers to carry out the activity, with the exception of the second paragraph of this article 5. documents specified in point;
3) the second paragraph of this article, paragraph 3 of the cases, with the written authorization of the institution which adopted the document limitation period of availability;
4) of the second paragraph of this article, paragraph 4 of the cases, with the written authorization of the person to which the document relates, or upon the person's death — with the spouse or nearest to it not in descending or still ascending the written permission of the heirs.
(4) persons who, in accordance with the third paragraph of this article shall have the right to use documents with accessibility limitations, are responsible for the fact that the documents and the information contained in them is only used according to the purpose of the request.
(5) the Latvian National Archive Director or the authorized person, the head of the institution or an accredited private archive founder may set restrictions on the use of the Archive document to ensure the poor physical condition of the original save an existing document, on the written decision.
(6) a written decision on the use of the document not later than one month after the submission of the application shall be adopted by the Latvian National Archive Director or the authorized person or institution concerned. The decision will be issued to the applicant a document that it may be appealed to the administrative procedure law.
14. article. National documentary heritage (1) the national documentary heritage is part of the national cultural heritage, consisting of: 1) the Latvian National Archives documents accumulated by the arhīvisk value.
2) accumulated permanent institutions documents stored with the arhīvisk value;
3) private documents, with the arhīvisk value, subject to the second part of this article;
4) documents obtained from foreign countries with a value of arhīvisk or certified copies thereof.
(2) a private document with arhīvisk values can be included in the national heritage in the documentary or the Latvian National Archives in accordance with the proposal of contract of the parties, subject to the procedure laid down in this law.
(3) document with the Latvian National Archives Director decision off of national documentary heritage in the Cabinet in the order if: 1) is a document was destroyed or lost;
2) is essential to document damage and it is not possible to restore or use;
3) are found in more than one copy of the document or the document storage period;
4 as a result of the evaluation is concluded) that the document is lost arhīvisk value;
5) private document owner disposes of own private documents, except where, in accordance with article 15 of this law, the fifth part of the Latvian National Archives uses a pre-emptive right to dispose of the documents or private documents and the owner of the Latvian National Archives signed contract.
15. article. Property rights to the documentary heritage of national documents and transactions with them (1) the national documentary heritage included in the documents, with the exception of this law article 14, first paragraph, point 3, is set out in the public domain, they are not enforceable and separating.
(2) the national documentary heritage includes the private documents are property of the individual concerned. If the national documentary heritage includes the private document in accordance with contracts entered into possession of the Latvian National Archives, the holder has the right to this document in accordance with the procedure laid down in the contract for the time to get from the archive or use free of charge.
(3) as regards the national documentary heritage documents in considerably the following provisions: 1) institution or individual that owned or storage is the national documentary heritage included in the documents, ensure their conservation and protection;
2 the transfer of documents to other) institution, the head of the writing line with Latvian National Archives this document further storage space;
3) transferring private documents in the possession of another person or possession of that document owners in writing inform the Latvian National Archives;
4) private records is not divisible; forbidden to alienate the private records of individual documents;
5) private document is available and usable, if this law article 14, second paragraph, the agreement provides otherwise.
(4) the Latvian National Archives may provide assistance for the national documentary heritage included in the private collection of the document, as well as in marshalling to allocate budgetary resources in the national documentary heritage includes private or package private document retention.
(5) If the national documentary heritage included in the private or package private document owner disposes of the private documents or private documents, Latvian National Archives is pre-emptive rights or the right to make copies of documents. In the case of disposal of the owner to pay the private documents seized or private document assigned to save budgetary resources.
(6) If the national documentary heritage included in the private or package private save are endangered or visible signs of damage, the national archives of Latvia is entitled to determine the set of this document or the document owner binding documents or document conservation measures or to propose private documents or private document disposal against consideration.
(7) the orphan documents with arhīvisk value to move State property, and shall be deposited in the national archives in Latvia.
16. article. National documentary heritage includes the export of documents for a period of (1) the Republic of Latvia Cabinet of Ministers determines the order in which the national documentary heritage included in the document on time may leave the Republic of Latvia, as well as the order in which you want the second part of this article in document security, and the number of copies.
(2) a document before it is exported from the Republic of Latvia made security copies. A copy of the document is organized and paid for the construction of the document by the applicant.
Article 17. National documentary heritage register (1) the national documentary heritage register (hereinafter register) is the single national information system containing data on the national documentary heritage includes the public and private papers with the arhīvisk value, the institutions and the individuals that own or is in possession of the document to the value of arhīvisk, as well as on the maintenance and use of the data.
(2) the registry administrator, and is the national archives of Latvia. Cabinet of Ministers sets the registry building, topping, maintenance and accessibility.
(3) the register shall include the documents, which include the National Library at the National Museum in the laws and in stock or order is recognised as the national protected cultural monuments, are described and listed by the Cabinet of Ministers.
18. article. The competence of the Ministry of culture, the Ministry of Culture: 1) develop a national policy document and archive management;
2) organizes and coordinates of this law and other legislative documents and archives of the implementation in the area of governance;
3) develop legislation projects and archives document management;
4) provides an archive specialist certification;
5 persons) examine applications for the Latvian National Archives and accredited private archive.
19. article. The archives of the Council (1) the archives of the Council is a consultative body that creates and rules approved by the Minister of culture.
(2) the archives of the Council consists of five representatives of the Latvian National Archives, Archivists Association of Latvia two representatives, one representative of the State Chancellery, the Ministry of Justice and the Ministry of culture, as well as of the history Institute of the University of Latvia and the Latvian Authorities of the Union.
(3) the Archives Board: 1) participates in the archives sector development strategies and policy development;
2) deliver opinions on the building of the national documentary heritage, conservation, access and use;
3) give opinions on document and archive management, regulatory projects regulatory acts.
20. article. The Latvian National Archives (1) national archives of Latvia is under the supervision of the Minister of culture an existing direct regulatory authority which the structure built to this authority runs functional and territorial basis and ensure its administrative work. The Latvian National Archives Director for five years, the Cabinet of Ministers is appointed by the Minister of culture.
(2) national archives of Latvia shall perform the following functions: 1) accumulated in Latvia and outside Latvian documents created with the arhīvisk value;
2) provides the Latvian National Archives storing document accessibility, making their evaluation, description and reference system;
3) takes possession of and preserve the Latvian National Archives documents collected by arhīvisk value, create a copy of the security and use a copy of the Fund;
4) provides an archive document availability and use, and promote public awareness of the issue archive, certified copies of documents, statements and transcripts;
5) evaluate the documents prescribed in this Act;
6) monitor document management institutions and order — the law cases — akreditēto private archives, providing methodological assistance document and archive management;
7) checks the document and archive institutions in the field of management and, in the cases specified in this Act — akreditēto private archives and document management for the national documentary heritage preservation, access and use, examines the administrative infringement cases and impose administrative penalties;
8) accredited private archives;
9) conducts research and methodological work document and archive management;
10) issued a written license to the Latvian National Archives documents accumulated in the exploitation of a copyright or related right belongs to the State;
11) shall establish and maintain a system of information required in this statutory functions;
12) perform such other functions laid down in the law.
(3) the Cabinet of Ministers established the Latvian National Archive document storage, transfer and adoption of storage, inventory, description and availability, as well as the retention of technical requirements.
21. article. The Latvian National Archives of socio-legal inquiries (1) the Latvian National Archives of socio-legal statement contains information about jobs, training, service in the armed forces and other bodies, property, marital law, being in a hospital, the person in the import and export of goods from Latvia, courts and other matters that require the filing of private institutions in the cases stipulated by law.
(2) the Latvian National Archives of socio-legal statement is prepared on all the Latvian National Archives storing basic documents and issued not later than one month from the receipt of private individuals. If objective reasons the deadline cannot be met, the Latvian National Archives Director's decision can be extended for a period not exceeding four months from the date of receipt of the application, notify the applicant.
(3) the Latvian National Archives of socio-legal inquiries and issuance of duty payable. Government fees and the payment arrangements determined by the Cabinet of Ministers.
22. article. The Latvian National Archives right Latvian National Archives legal capacity have the right to: 1) getting (buying or accepting donations) documents, archives, documentary with the arhīvisk value, as well as to create a documentary, set the national and public life;
2) free of charge to get the required information from the institutions, as well as the individuals included in the register;
3 the private) upon the consent of the owner, a document to assess private and package private documents, which include the national documentary heritage in;
4) accept the depositary in private document storage and private documents, by means of article 14 of this law provided for in the second subparagraph of the Treaty;
5) collaborate with foreign archives and international professional organisations document and archive management;
6) provide accumulated public original documents on time, pursuant to this law, article 12 of the sixth part of the established procedure;
7) make publishing an archive document of promotion;
8) to give the Cabinet a certain paid services;
9) other statutory rights.
23. article. The Latvian National Archives the national archives the financing functions of the necessary resources in the national budget allocation from general revenue, revenue from the fees and other revenue, including donations, gifts and foreign financial assistance. Paid services and other revenue obtained funds are credited to the national archives in the General account and to use only the Latvian National Archives operational development.
24. article. Private archive and accredited private archive (1) private archive is a private-law legal person or body carrying out the second part of this article in specific activities. Private archive's legal status is determined by its founder.
(2) private archives provides: 1) private document storage and protection;
2) archive or document certificate certified copy, as well as a copy of the document and the statement issued at the private documents in the archives;
3) private availability of documents pursuant to this law and other laws.
(3) by an accredited private archive in addition to the second paragraph of this article are laid down in law: 1) through a written agreement with the institution, the institutions concerned shall be stored temporarily in public documents stored in a document and archive management procedures;
2 provide methodological assistance) institutions of public documents and archives management.
(4) private archives, the termination of its activities, provides the accumulated retention, transfer of private documents their owners or other archives after coordination with the private owners of the documents.
(5) the accredited private archive, the termination of its activities, ensure public stored temporarily saving documents, reporting, public documents relevant to the institution with which the contract of public documents, or other accredited private archive, to reconcile this transfer with the relevant authority in accordance with the procedure laid down in the Treaty.
25. article. Accreditation of private archives (1) everyone has the right to the private archive of accredited. Accredited private archive for five years, if it satisfies all the following conditions: 1) is a founding member of the approved Charter or bylaws of the archive;
2) of this Act is the seventh article 4 referred to the provisions of Cabinet according to the need for document storage environment, facilities and security systems;
3) is provided in document records and describing the procedure prescribed by law;
4) private archives is stored on public access to documents;
5) services for public documents and archives management carried out in article 26 of this law within certified persons.
(2) accreditation and the accreditation documents issued to make Latvian National Archive.
(3) the cabinet shall determine the procedure for the accreditation of private archives.
26. article. Archives Specialist certification (1) services the public document and archive management can provide people who have received the second part of this article set out in the certificate.
(2) the certificate is a document certifying the training of the person concerned and indicate that the person is competent to document and archive management.
(3) the decision on the cancellation of the certificate shall be taken in the following cases: 1) person with a judgment of the Court of Justice recognised as incapacitated;
2) the person has provided false information to obtain the certificate;
3) in the event of the death of the person.
(4) the cabinet shall determine the allocation and withdrawal of certificates. The certificate shall be granted without a time limit. The Ministry of culture, State administration of equipment in accordance with the procedure laid down in the law, an individual can delegate the tasks under the contract to carry out a professional aptitude test, assign and revoke certificate.
27. article. Liability for violation of this law, officials and other persons who violated this law and other regulations contained in the document and archive management requirements, called at the responsibility of the Republic of Latvia laws.
Transitional provisions 1. With the entry into force of this Act invalidates the law on Archives "(Latvian Saeima and the Cabinet of Ministers rapporteur, 1991, no. 21; 1993, nr. 33; 2001, nr. 1; 2005, nr. 14).
2. the Cabinet of Ministers until 2010 December 31 provide the national archives system compliance with the requirements of this law.
3. Providing national archives system compliance with the requirements of this law, is stored in the national archives of oneness, placement, as well as the national archives documents and case tracking and identification system.
4. the national archives that until the adoption of this law, in accordance with the law "on the archives", is an integral part of the national documentary heritage and charged to this law article 14, first paragraph, point 1 established the Latvian National Archives documents accumulated. The national archives as a single set of documents are not divisible and is not movable.
5. National Archives of Latvia started January 1, 2011. National Archives of Latvia's national archives system authorities and to the transferee.
6. To the national archives in the start-up behaviour of the State Archives of Latvia State historical archive, the archive of Latvia, Latvian State Archive, the archive staff document national archives, as well as other national archives system the authorities established in accordance with the law "on the archives", continues to make national archives authority the functions assigned to it by statute.
7. The Cabinet of Ministers by 2010 and 30 September issue referred to in this law, the provisions of the Cabinet of Ministers.
8. The Cabinet of Ministers develop necessary amendments to the current legislation in order to harmonize the provisions of this law with the provisions of other laws, and the Bill shall be submitted to the Saeima until 30 august 2010.
9. This Act article 21, third paragraph shall enter into force on January 1, 2013.
10. Article 26 of this law shall enter into force on January 1, 2015.
The law shall enter into force on January 1, 2011.
The Parliament adopted the law on 11 February 2010.
President Valdis Zatlers in Riga V. 3 March 2010 in
Search Translated Laws of Latvia