Read the untranslated law here: https://www.vestnesis.lv/ta/id/206632
The Saeima has adopted and the President promulgated the following laws: amended natural persons — economic activity — whom the prohibition of Discrimination Act do for individuals-economic actors — non-discrimination Act (Republic of Latvia Saeima and the Cabinet of Ministers rapporteur, 2009, No 13) follows: 1. Article 1 shall be supplemented by the words "and the different treatment a prohibition on an individual's approach to economic activity."
2. Article 2 shall be supplemented by the words "within the" with the words "as well as providing individual approach to economic activity."
3. Article 3: Supplement to article 1.1 part as follows: "(11) the Different treatment of individuals in its approach to economic activity, if permitted, access to specific business activities only or principally in one gender, race or ethnic origin is objectively justified by a legitimate aim, which is to achieve the means chosen are proportionate.";
to complement the second paragraph after the word "ban" by the words "towards perpetrators of economic activity".
4. To make article 4 the first paragraph by the following: "(1) If, in the event of a dispute, the reviewer or the economic activities physical person in terms of its approach to economic activity point to circumstances that could justify her directly or indirectly to discrimination based on sex, racial or ethnic origin, the defendant's responsibility to prove that different treatment is not a violation of the ban."
5. Supplement article 5 after the word "provided" by the words "and natural person — to ensure its approach to economic activity."
6. Supplement article 6, after the word "performer" with the words "and natural person regarding its approach to economic activity."
7. Supplement article 7, after the word "analyst" with the words "and natural person regarding its approach to economic activity."
8. Add to the informative reference to European Union directives, with points 3 and 4 by the following: "3) of the European Parliament and of the Council of 23 September 2002 by Directive 2002/73/EC amending Council Directive 76/207/EEC on the implementation of the principle of equal treatment for men and women as regards access to employment, vocational training and promotion, and working conditions;
4) of the European Parliament and of the Council of 5 July 2006, Directive 2006/54/EC on the implementation of the principle of equal opportunities and equal treatment of men and women in matters of employment and occupation. "
The Parliament adopted the law of 25 February 2010.
President Valdis Zatlers in Riga V 2010 March 17
Search Translated Laws of Latvia