Read the untranslated law here: https://www.vestnesis.lv/ta/id/206630
The Saeima has adopted and the President promulgated the following laws: the amendments to the law "on conformity assessment" make law "on conformity assessment" (Latvian Saeima and the Cabinet of Ministers rapporteur, 1996, no. 18; 1999, 23 no; 2002, 23 no; 2004, nr. 9; 2008, no. 24; 2009, no. 14) follows: 1. Article 1: expressions of paragraph 1 by the following: "1) — the national accreditation body for the accreditation of certification of conformity assessment bodies competence and ability to carry out specific conformity assessment activities;"
make 3, 4 and 5 of paragraph by the following: "3) conformity assessment — the process demonstrating that a product, process, service, system, person or body (conformity assessment) requirements;
4-product inspection) stage of the design, product, process or service and its conformity with the definition of specific objectives or general requirements, based on professional judgement;
5) calibration — in the course of the operation that, under certain circumstances, finds the relationship between measuring instruments or measuring systems, the size of the values presented in the material to be measured or reference material values and of the corresponding unit of measure benchmark replicated values; "
make paragraph 10 and 11 by the following: ' 10) certification — independent, third party certifying that the product, process, service, or person complies with the regulations in the Act or the requirements of the standard;
11) testing — the object of conformity assessment of one or more characteristics according to procedure; ";
to supplement the article with the following paragraph 12: ' 12) conformity assessment bodies: a body that performs conformity assessment activities including calibration, testing, certification and inspection. "
2. Turn off the article 3, the words "products, processes and services".
3. Turn off the article 4, the words "products, processes and services" and the words "legal and physical".
4. Replace article 5, first paragraph, the words "products, services" with the words "object of conformity assessment".
5. To make article 6 by the following: "article 6. (1) the conformity assessment of regulated sphere carried out the conformity assessment bodies accredited by the laws.
(2) conformity assessment bodies accredited and decisions in the field of accreditation adopted national accreditation body.
(3) the authority carrying out the functions of the national accreditation body shall be determined by the Cabinet of Ministers. "
6. Replace article 7, first paragraph, the words "product, process or service" with the words "object of conformity assessment".
7. Express article 8 by the following: ' article 8. The Ministry of the economy, within the European Union, the existing notification procedure shall inform the European Commission of the conformity assessment bodies which operate in accordance with the requirements of conformity assessment requirements of the regulated sphere. "
8. Turn off the article 10.
9. Article 13 be expressed as follows: "article 13. (1) the cabinet shall determine the single, according to the international requirements of the national accreditation system, whose task is to define the procedures for accreditation and uniform management principles.
(2) the Ministry of Economic Affairs implemented State policy in the field of accreditation and ensure national accreditation system.
(3) the Latvian National Accreditation Council participates in public policy development in the field of accreditation, promote cooperation with international accreditation bodies, as well as advise the accreditation of conformity assessment bodies in matters regulated and non-regulated sphere. Latvian National Accreditation Council is a consultative body. This Council regulation and personnel after the Economic Ministers approved a recommendation to Cabinet.
(4) the accreditation of conformity assessment bodies in regulated and non-regulated sphere, as well as the activities of conformity assessment bodies in the supervision of the national accreditation body.
(5) the national accreditation body shall be entitled to form sectoral Technical Committee to get advice specific technical issues for the sector. "
10. To make article 14 the following: ' article 14. (1) the national accreditation bodies of the main features are: 1) to evaluate and accredit conformity assessment bodies and to monitor the activities under the Latvian National standards, laws and regulations, European or international standards, as well as reciprocal recognition agreements with international accreditation bodies requirements;
2) technical to ensure Latvian National Accreditation Board;
3) organise the skills test and coordinate collaborative programs in accordance with the Latvian, European and international requirements for interlaboratory comparisons;
4) collaborate with other national accreditation bodies;
5) to represent Latvia in international accreditation organisations;
6) create and maintain an accredited conformity assessment body list your website in the internet;
7) to publish your website on the internet for information on accredited conformity assessment bodies operating in the regulated sphere;
8) to inform the Ministry of economy of the regulated sphere accredited institutions.
(2) the national accreditation body shall, in the exercise of the first paragraph of this article, shall have the right to issue administrative acts.
(3) the financing of the system of accreditation is: 1) from the public budget resources financed: (a) national accreditation body) functions, with the exception of the first paragraph of article 1, paragraph b) of a particular feature, the membership fee international accreditation organisations;
2) all expenses related to the evaluation, accreditation and monitoring of regulated and non-regulated sphere, be covered by the conformity assessment bodies. "
11. Express article 15 the following: ' article 15. National accreditation bodies decisions may be appealed to the Court of Justice of the administrative procedure law. Appeal shall not suspend the decision. "
12. transitional provisions be supplemented by paragraph 3 by the following: "3. Until this law is executed in the third subparagraph of article 6 of this law established the national accreditation bodies does the society with limited liability" the standardization, accreditation and Metrology Centre "Department" Latvian National Accreditation Bureau. ""
The Parliament adopted the law of 25 February 2010.
President Valdis Zatlers in Riga V 2010 March 17
Search Translated Laws of Latvia