Read the untranslated law here: https://www.vestnesis.lv/ta/id/206966
The Saeima has adopted and the President promulgated the following laws: the amendments to the law "on the marketing of tobacco products, restrict advertising and use" make law "on sales of tobacco products, restrict advertising and usage" (Latvian Saeima and the Cabinet of Ministers rapporteur, 1997, no. 3; 1999, no. 22; 2003, 2, 23; 2004, nr. 4, 18 no, 7, 14; 2005. No; 2007; 2008 21 no, No 10; 2009 1., no. 14; Latvian journal 2010, nr. 34) the amendments are as follows: 1. Article 1: expressions of paragraph 3 as follows: "3) smoking: a process which takes place during a tobacco product or tobacco product plants deliberate fires and use in ways that they can inhale (inhalē), and which released the smoke;"
make paragraph 8 by the following: ' 8) packing unit: the smallest consumer or proposed tobacco smoking products plant containers (for example, package, box, box, bag), which can be accessed by opening a tobacco product or tobacco product of plants; "
Add to paragraph 11, after the words "tobacco products" by the words "or plant products" smoking;
to supplement the article with the following point 19:19) of smoking products-herbs or plant matter (for example, the plant manufactured cigarettes, manufactured in the rullējam plant), which is the content of smoking and tobacco. "
2. Express article 2 by the following: ' article 2. The purpose of the law this law aims to protect human health and the right to clean, with tobacco and smoking products plant smoke unpolluted environment, determine the tobacco and smoking products packaging plant unit design, tobacco products and plant products distribution of smoking restrictions, as well as the order in which the State-controlled tobacco, tobacco products and smoking plant products, tobacco advertising, sponsorship, and smoking in public buildings , structures and areas. "
3. Add to article 3 and the second paragraph after the word "the" with the words "tobacco and smoking products plant".
4. in article 5: to complement the article name following the words "tobacco products" with the words "smoking products and plant";
make point 2 as follows: "2) to produce, realize, and skip for free circulation (hereinafter import) cigarettes containing nicotine quantity exceeding 1 milligram per cigarette (this quantity is determined according to the standard EN ISO 10315:2007" cigarettes. Determination of the content of nicotine smoke kondensāto. Gāzhromatogrāfisk method, "requirements for nicotine);";
make paragraph 4 by the following: ' 4) to produce, realize, and import the cigarettes that smoke carbon monoxide 10 milligrams per cigarette (this quantity is determined according to the standard EN ISO 8454:2008 "cigarettes. Carbon monoxide content of cigarette smoke in the gaseous phase. NDIR method "requirements for carbon monoxide);";
to supplement the article with paragraph 8 by the following: ' 8) realize the plant a mixture of products of smoking, sniffing, chewing or inhalēšan results in isolated or taking substances that cause psychoactive substances similar to psychiatric disorders, and that the user may cause dependence. "
5. To make the first paragraph of article 5.1 as follows: "(1) indicated on cigarette packets in tobacco tar, nicotine and carbon monoxide in the correct quantities approved in accordance with the standard EN ISO 8243:2007" cigarettes. Sampling '. "
6. To make article 6, first paragraph, point 2 as follows: "2) depict symbols of Latvia;".
7. To supplement the law with article 6.1 as follows: "article 6.1. Herbal smoking products packaging design (1) The marketable plants in Latvia, smoking is prohibited on the packaging of the product: 1) image of certain natural persons;
2) to represent the Latvian State symbols;
3) use animated images.
(2) on every marketable plants in Latvia smoking product packing unit: 1) indicated in the national language of tar and carbon monoxide quantity milligrams per cigarette;
2) excise duty stamps affixed.
(3) it is prohibited to plant tobacco product packaging to display texts, names, trade marks or other marks to indicate that the particular product is less harmful than tobacco products. "
8. in article 7: Add to the title and the first paragraph after the words "tobacco products" with the words "smoking products and plant";
make the third paragraph as follows: "(3) it is prohibited to sell tobacco products and herbal smoking products to persons under 18 years. To the tobacco and smoking products, plant locations indicate the inscription. In case of doubt, by trade or police at the request of the buyer, its age, presenting identity documents. ";
to complement the fourth paragraph after the words "tobacco products" with the words "smoking products and plant";
Supplement fifth subparagraph following the words "tobacco products" by the words "and smoking plant products".
9. Article 11: make the first part of paragraph 4 by the following: "4) public transport features waypoint and shelter on the platform;"
to supplement the article with the seventh subparagraph by the following: "(7) the international traffic the airport departure areas beyond public security control points can be installed in the places specially designated smoking."
10. Replace article 12, first paragraph, the words "National Statistics Administration" with the words "Central Statistical Bureau".
11. Turn off paragraph 4 of article 13.
12. transitional provisions be supplemented by the following paragraph 20: "20. This law 6.1 the second paragraph of article 1 shall enter into force on September 1, 2010."
The Parliament adopted the law of 4 March 2010.
President Valdis Zatlers in Riga V 2010 24 March
Search Translated Laws of Latvia