Read the untranslated law here: https://www.vestnesis.lv/ta/id/207390
The Saeima has adopted and the President promulgated the following laws: law on the support of the unemployed and jobs seekers to make the unemployed and job seekers support Act (Republic of Latvia Saeima and the Cabinet of Ministers rapporteur, 2002, nr. 12; 2004, nr. 11, 8. No; 2005; 2006; 2007, no. 13, no. 15, 6-15, 2009. no) the following amendments: 1. To supplement the law with article 2.1, the following: "2.1 article. Different treatment of the ban (1) in implementing active employment and unemployment reduction preventive measures prohibited different treatment person's sex, race and ethnic origin.
(2) the different treatment of a person when the active employment and preventive measures of unemployment only or mainly the provision of one gender, race or ethnic origin is objectively justified by a legitimate aim, which is to achieve the means chosen are proportionate.
(3) If the person in the event of a dispute, pointing to conditions that might be the basis for its directly or indirectly to discrimination based on sex, racial or ethnic origin, active in the employment and unemployment reduction measures of preventive policing is obliged to prove that different treatment is not a violation of the prohibition.
(4) direct discrimination is the attitude of a person that they are sex, race or ethnic origin in a comparable situation is, was or might be less favourable than against the other person. Indirect discrimination is a seemingly neutral provision, criterion or practice that a person creates or may create adverse consequences on its gender, racial or ethnic origin, unless such provision, criterion or practice is objectively justified by a legitimate aim, which is to achieve the means chosen are proportionate.
(5) on discrimination constitutes harassment or instruction to discriminate.
(6) harassment is a personal exposure it gender, race or ethnic origin of the person's point of view, undesirable behaviour (including sexual conduct), whose purpose or effect is the dignity of the person and of creating an intimidating, hostile, humiliating or degrading environment.
(7) the discrimination on the grounds of sex constitute less favourable treatment of a woman during pregnancy or post-natal period of up to one year, but if the woman is breastfeeding, feeding time, throughout the.
(8) the active employment and prevention of unemployment reduction measures for implementing prohibited the direct or indirect cause adverse consequences for the person, if it is in accordance with the procedure laid down in this article is to defend their rights with a view to preventing discrimination. "
2. Add to the first paragraph of article 3 paragraph 9 with the following: "9) other structural funds of the European Union in the framework of the measures envisaged."
3. Add to article 3.1, the first paragraph with the following paragraph: "7) other structural funds of the European Union in the framework of the measures envisaged."
4. Article 4: replace the second paragraph, the words "for the purposes of the measures" with the words "implementing measures";
adding to the seventh and eighth, after the word "procedures" with the words "as well as the implementation of these measures in principle";
to supplement the article with the ninth and tenth by the following: "(9) Cabinet of Ministers shall lay down the criteria for the risk of unemployment the person training, financing of the measures for the implementation of rules and procedures, as well as for the implementation of the measures concerned the choice principles.
(10) the Cabinet of Ministers established the European globalisation adjustment fund funding, and the conditions for the use of active employment and reduction of unemployment prevention measures to the European Parliament and of the Council of 6 august 2006 Regulation (EC) no 1927/2006 on establishing the European globalisation adjustment fund the Fund. "
5. in article 6, second paragraph: Add to paragraph 2 by the words "labour market short term prediction of" with the words "including the employers ' survey";
Replace paragraph 13, the words "work placements of persons on board" with the words "ship's manning".
6. in article 9: to complement the second paragraph after the words "active employment measures" with the words "unemployment reduction and preventive measures";
turn off third.
7. Replace article 12 fifth part numbers and the words "in article 3, paragraph 1, first subparagraph, ' with numbers and the words" article 3, first paragraph, point 1 and 3 ".
8. Make the first part of article 14, paragraph 5 of the "d" section as follows: "(d)) three weeks of intermittent inability to start — for temporary inability to work, if it's been longer than 10 days."
9. in article 17: replace the second paragraph, the words "work placements of persons on board" with the words "ship's manning";
make the third paragraph as follows: "(3) manning of the ship allowed to engage merchants who received the Latvian maritime administration issued a special permit (licence)."
10. transitional provisions be supplemented with paragraph 14 and 15 as follows: "the amendments to this law, 14 6 the second subparagraph of article 13 and article 17 in the second and third part in relation to the manning of the ship shall enter into force on July 1, 2010.
15. The Cabinet of Ministers until 1 May 2010 does this law, in article 4, the tenth part of those rules. "
11. Add to the informative reference to directives of the European Union with 6, 7 and 8 of the following: "6) Council of 29 June 2000, Directive 2000/43/EC implementing the principle of equal treatment between persons irrespective of racial or ethnic origin;
7) the European Parliament and of the Council of 23 September 2002 by Directive 2002/73/EC amending Council Directive 76/207/EEC on the implementation of the principle of equal treatment for men and women as regards access to employment, vocational training and promotion, and working conditions;
8) of the European Parliament and of the Council of 5 July 2006, Directive 2006/54/EC on the implementation of the principle of equal opportunities and equal treatment of men and women in matters of employment and occupation. "
The law adopted by the Parliament in March 11, 2010.
The President of the Parliament instead of the President g. Many Riga 2010 31 March
Search Translated Laws of Latvia