Read the untranslated law here: https://www.vestnesis.lv/ta/id/207998
The Saeima has adopted and the President promulgated the following laws: law on protection of work done in the Labour Protection Act (Republic of Latvia Saeima and the Cabinet of Ministers rapporteur, 2001, no. 15; 2004, nr. 2, 2. No; 2005) the following amendments: 1. Complement to article 1 paragraph 19 by the following: "19) special risk — the risk that is associated with the increased psychological or physical capacity or the increased risk of employee safety and health that cannot be eliminated or reduced to acceptable levels with other job protection measures as shortening working time where the employee exposed to this risk. "
2. Put article 5 the first paragraph by the following: "(1) in accordance with the work of the General principles of protection the employer has a duty to organize labour protection system, which includes: 1) internal monitoring of the working environment, including environmental risk assessment;
2) labour protection organizational structure;
3) consultation with employees, to engage them in improving labour protection. "
3. To make article 7 the second subparagraph of paragraph 3 as follows: "3) employees perform work involving a special risk."
4. Turn off the fourth paragraph of article 8.
5. in article 9: to make the first part as follows: "(1) to organize the article 5 of this law in the first part of the work set out in the protection system, the employer shall, taking into account the number of people employed in the company and the type of operation, appoint or hire one or more health professionals, or create working protection organizational unit. Labour protection specialists, health coordinator, employer, employee and trustee training agenda is determined by the Cabinet of Ministers. ";
to make the third and fourth subparagraph by the following: "(3) If the company is not more than 10 workers and employers are trained in the Cabinet in the order, he can perform the labour protection specialists.
(4) If the labour protection system is not possible to organize under the first paragraph of this article, the employer shall design and maintenance of the system involving the competent authorities or competent professional, but a company designated as the person responsible for the protection. The employer shall inform the competent authority or competent professionals on job protection measures within the company and the workplace, as well as the work environment factors which presents or may present a risk to workers ' safety and health. "
6. in article 14: adding to the first part of the second and third sentence, after the word "briefing" with the words "and training";
replace the second paragraph, the word "training" with the words "the commencement of training."
7. Express article 16, third paragraph as follows: "(3) the employer shall ensure that an undertaking involved in the work of other employees of the employer receive a briefing and the leave the job training in the field of protection before starting work and throughout the period when they are employed in the company."
8. Article 18: adding to the first part of paragraph 3, after the word "briefing" with the words "and training";
to turn off the second paragraph, the words "or person of confidence";
to make the fourth subparagraph by the following: "(4) the employee has the right to apply to the national labour inspectorate with the application if it considers that the work carried out by the employer of the protection measures, as well as assigned and the means used is not enough to ensure workers ' safety and health at work."
9. Replace article 19, the words "the fact" of risks with the word "it".
10. Article 20: replace the first paragraph, first sentence, the word "elect" with the words "elect";
turn off the fourth.
11. Article 21 of the expression as follows: "article 21. Trustee's participation in internal working environment monitoring (1) the trustee participates in internal work environment surveillance, including participating in the risk assessment, the planning of protective measures, accidents at work and occupational diseases, industrial equipment and commissioning of objects and work equipment conformity assessment, as well as cooperate with the employer and the labour protection specialists in improving working conditions in the undertaking.
(2) Represents the interests of employees working in the field of protection, confidence has the right: 1) freely express both employed and based their opinion on the company's employment protection system, including internal monitoring of the working environment;
2) to receive from the employer information concerning the labour protection system and requires fiduciaries duties;
3) access to work places in accordance with the procedure laid down in the company;
4) propose to the employer out of the working environment measurement of risks when employees received complaints about harmful to health in the working environment risk factors;
5) propose to work out the environmental risk assessment of workplaces where an accident or a serious and direct threat to the life and health of workers;
6) require the employer to take measures for the protection, and to make proposals, the implementation of which prevent or reduce the risk of the safety and health of employees;
7) propose to the employer and the workers understanding on the arrangements for the protection of those in need of funds and their use in defining the agenda, in accordance with the labour protection legislation, as well as to participate in the negotiations on the terms of collective bargaining agreements and amendments labour protection legislation;
8) together with the National Labour Inspectorate's officials to participate in the work place. "
12. Express article 23, first subparagraph, the introductory paragraph as follows: "(1) the State policy in the field of the protection of the work is focused on preventive measures, and is based on:".
13. transitional provisions be supplemented with paragraph 8 by the following: "8. the Cabinet of Ministers regulations effective date, but not more than six months from this law, article 9, first paragraph, the new version enters into force is applied to the Cabinet of Ministers of 17 June 2003 of the Regulation No 323" rules on labour protection training issues ", in so far as they do not conflict with this Act."
14. To supplement the law with the informative reference to European Union directives as follows: "Informative reference to European Union directives, the law includes provisions deriving from Council of 12 June 1989 of Directive 89/391/EEC on the introduction of measures to encourage improvements in the safety and health of workers at work."
The Parliament adopted the law of 25 March 2010.
President Valdis Zatlers in Riga V 2010 April 14.
Search Translated Laws of Latvia