Read the untranslated law here: https://www.vestnesis.lv/ta/id/210207
The Saeima has adopted and the President promulgated the following laws: amended individual data protection Act do for individuals in the data protection Act (the Saeima of the Republic of Latvia and the Cabinet of Ministers rapporteur, 2000, no. 9; 2002, 23; 2007, nr. 3, 8. no; 2008, 7 No, No 14, 2009) the following amendments: 1. Add to article 10 the fourth part as follows: "(4) the processing of personal data for purposes not originally in the area of criminal law is permissible : 1) in order to prevent, detect, investigate crime and perform or comply with criminal penalties;
2) to personal data used for administrative or civil proceedings, as well as authorized by law for State officials in the activities of the institution, if it related to the crime prevention, detection, investigation or prosecution, or convictions;
3) in order to prevent immediate substantial public safety hazards;
4) if the data subject has given consent for the processing of data. "
2. Add to article 11 to 13 as follows: "13) according to the law on the rights of Patients in a study using medical record fixed patient data."
3. Express article 21, third paragraph of the introductory paragraph as follows: "(3) the second paragraph of this article, 1., 2., 3., 4., 5., 7., 8. exceptions as referred to in paragraph 1 shall not apply if:".
4. in article 28: adding to the fourth subparagraph with the sentence by the following: "agreement on the transfer of personal data do not switch international cooperation, national security and criminal justice".
to supplement the article with the sixth part as follows: "(6) the transfer of personal data to another country or an international organisation, shall notify the relevant to the processing of personal data provided for restrictions, if they are not included in part four of this article in the agreement."
5. in article 30.1: Supplement to the second part of the article as follows: "(2) the data State Inspectorate to monitor the processing of personal data that is carried out in cooperation with the European Police Office, the laws are complied with statutory conditions of the processing of personal data.";
believe the current text of article about the first part.
6. Express article 31 the following: ' article 31. (1) the data State Inspectorate officials issued the administrative act or actual action may challenge the data state inspection to the Director. The Director issued the administrative act or actual action, as well as the decision on the contested administrative act or actual action may appeal to a Court of law.
(2) the data State Inspectorate, the Director or other officer of the decision on blocking of data, data processing, permanent or temporary prohibition of the opposition and the appeal shall not suspend the operation of this decision, unless it is stopped with the application or the investigating decision. "
The Parliament adopted the law of 6 May 2010.
The President of the Parliament instead of the President g. Much 2010 in Riga on May 19.
Search Translated Laws of Latvia